My N400 Processing time for Atlanta

Same Day Oath

Hi Everyone,

Anybody who recently interviewed for N400. Are they doing same day oath in Atlanta. Appreciate your help.

Regards,
MM1000

Ocelot,

Best of luck to your wife tomorrow.
Please update us with respect to the (hopefully) same-day oath.

Yalag

poursarr said:
Went to USCIS office in Atlanta today for an InfoPass Appt. to inquire as to why I still hadn't received an interview call, even though my priority date has passed. Had a 12:30pm appointment but was only called at 3:30pm. The information officer told me that they have not yet received my case from Texas Service Center! It has been over a 14 months since I applied. She asked me to fill out an Inquire Request Form and said she will send it to her supervisor, who will then send it to TSC to see if they can manually schedule my interview.

She said I should expect to receive a written response from them within 90 days. My concern is that my fingerprints expire in 75 days.

Does anyone know why TSC can hold your case and not forward it to the District Offices? Has anyone gone through a similar issue?

Thanks,
poursarr

Any update on your case? Did you hear anything from USCIS?

My husband and I went for our interview end of march. My husband's interview was completed and he has become a US Citizen too. I was called inside and told by the officer that she did not receive my file from TSC and that she has sent an enquiry to texas and was expecting the file within 30 days maximum. I made an infopass appt. to USCIS middle of may and was told they have sent 2 enquiries to TSC one in march and one in april. I was assured that my case was taken care of. I did not hear from them so i went to USCIS again this week. No luck, just one more enquiry they have sent to texas in June. She checked and said, fingerprint and name check both were cleared. My finger prints are due to expire end of this month. She asked me to fill out that inquiry form and said they are acting pretty fast on those inquiries these days - 30 days (originally i think it takes 90 days).

Case Status

Hi all,
I am unable to check the case status online with the SSC*XXXXXXXXX
the number was on the receipt notice.
we applied on Jan 22 2005 gave the FP in May.
Can any one tell me what to do

Tobecitizen,

Can you please let me know how did you find out that your FPs cleared? And namecheck? Thanks so much!

I also have SSC* number and cannot check on status either. Tried to call customer service - they just don't give out any information.

-Ila

Ila said:
Tobecitizen,

Can you please let me know how did you find out that your FPs cleared? And namecheck? Thanks so much!

I also have SSC* number and cannot check on status either. Tried to call customer service - they just don't give out any information.

-Ila
To find out about your FP you can call the FBI at (304)625-5590.

midnightstorm said:
Does the name and fingerprint check have to be completed before you are invited to the interview?

Name Check: I have seen on various threads that the name check does not have to be completed in order to be invited for the interview. In many cases people have gone through the interview, but are waiting to finsh the naturalization process, because the name check is not completed.

FP: My wife and I applied in March 2005 and have the same PD. Both of us submitted FP on 05/05/05, but my wife had to resubmit hers on 06/22/05. I have received my interview letter, while we are still waiting for her's. So, at least in Dallas, it appears that there is a correlation between FP and getting the interview letter.

Why doesn't the USCIS have the July PD's updated already?????

I am hoping Atlanta will be upgraded to at least mid June. Let's hope I am right.

Yalag

yalag said:
Why doesn't the USCIS have the July PD's updated already?????

I am hoping Atlanta will be upgraded to at least mid June. Let's hope I am right.

Yalag

Yalag,

We were hoping different kinda email from you. One which would say somethin like interview date etc ... I thought you applied in August?

Regards

asafbu

You should know that I check my mailbox every couple hours until the mailman comes, and then I am deeeply disappointed to find no letter from USCIC.

To dissipate this disappointment I spend time surfing this Portal and then go over every shred of info in the USCIS website for the third time.

To the point...
My PD is the end of August (last day, in fact). Therefore, once I get the long awaited letter (knock wood) I will immediately inform you. You are the beginning of September, if I recall correctly, so indeed my letter should be a positive sign for you.

Yalag

Proccessing time

Hi everyone,
I just sent my application to the Atlanta DO yesterday and started this long journey. I am confused about something here. They just updated the PD for Atlanta as 05/20/04 but the user named MM1000 who applied in 08/16/04 has received an interview date 3 weeks ago. Don't you guys see that? The PD that is posted on uscis site is not accurate. I think they do that so not everybody goes to DO and bothers them. Let me know what y'all think. Thanks and good luck to everybody.

What happens is that currently people with PD May 20 are after oath. For example Ocelot's wife is from mid May and just had her oath.

True, there are some people from June whom have had their oath (or at least should have had their oath) - like midnightstorm.

Better yet, we have some beginning of August guys who have their interview (and presumably their oath too) in mid August. (like MM1000 and hope in Atlanta)

I can only conclude that when they update the date it is true for about a week before.
Since currently Atlanta seems to go faster than time (i.e. they process in a month more than a PD month), we have some discrepancy. Hopefully, next month we will see a jump of two months in the date.

My two cents....

Yalag

ceremonies

What about the oath ceremonies? How often do they do that? I assume Atlanta started doing the same day interview and oath according to the threds here. So that's a good thing if they keep doing that because not every do do that. I decided to change my name and i hope that doesn't delay my application. Thanks for the response.

In my opinion the dates that are posted are the earlist dates they are processing so there are always applications later than that. I mean what you see posted is probably the worst case scenario and on the average the date they are processing is better.Yalag, are you applying based on marriage to a US citizen?

july2006 said:
hi yalag
did you get the interview letter yet?

Unfortunately - no...
Believe me I am waiting for it...

Does anyone else in Atlanta have any news?

Yalag

Case Status in USCIS

Hi Guys,
My wife applied her Citizenship in Jan22 2005 she got her FP in April.
I am trying to check the case status in USCIS.gov by giving het SSC*00XXX number and i am unable to get it status it says receipt not found check it blab blab....
Can we check the status or i am i missing some thing here?

Thanks