My marraige is over....please help me!

Confused Aby

Please help me…I am so confused I don’t know what to do. I don’t have the money right now to see a lawyer.

I got married in 2005 to a USC after we dated for several months. When we met he told me he was 23, had a bachelor’s degree and had a job. I was 25, had a bachelors degree and was in the Kaplan program, preparing to take the MCAT for medical school.

I initially came to the US with an F-1 visa, completed a BS degree, and went back for another F-1 to pursue an MS degree. I dropped out of the MS degree because I wanted to pursue medicine.

After marriage I found out his license was fake when we had to use his birth certificate for the I-485. He was actually 19, and did not go to college after high school. Almost everything about him is fake, and the diploma he had given to his employer was purchased from the internet. Our relationship was so strained that when we went for the immigration interview, the interviewer said she think our marriage was fraud and will need more info. She said they would write us a letter telling us what was needed. We did not have an attorney

Well, the letter never came. I helped him register at a community college to take classes, but he dropped out. I got accepted into an optometry program in another city so I moved there and we would see each other every 2 weekends. Half way into my first semester, he almost died and doctors discovered he has a life threatening disease. I quit school and moved back to help him. We moved into his mother’s house since none of us were working. He never allowed us to file taxes together because he said he’ll get more money back as single, he filed for social security disability income as single just to get more money. His brother was arrested and now serving 10 years in jail for something that my husband and his mother refused to tell me. It turns out they were selling drugs.

That was it for me…I moved out and I’m hiding my location from him because he knows that I’m aware of the illegal stuff they are involved in.
I went back to school with the help of friends and family who are assisting me with tuition. I will graduate at the end of the year with a Masters degree

What are my options now in terms of my adjustment of status through marriage since the marriage is practically over? My employment card was not renewed. The online status for my case has not change since the invitation for interview in 2006.

I feel sorry for your situation.

I am not sure but since your EAD is expired you are not authorized to work.

But according to your argument you are on F1 visa and you are studying right now, that's correct?

Why you dont call to USCIS and ask them about your adjustment of status through your marriage, they suposse to send you a letter to let you know what is the decision about it. It probably is denied for abandonment of the case. I don't know, try to get information about it.

Instead of calling, schedule an Infopass apointment through the USCIS website ASAP, so you can find out what happened to your case.
I'm very sorry about your situation, but before anything can be said, you need to know what is your current status on your application.

To answer your question, my F1-expired over a year ago. When I applied to my current school I told them my situation. They said since my adjustment of status application was pending I was ok. They granted me in-state tuition as well.

Is it real? It is difficult to believe that someone with such a good education and ambition can get fooled like this. Is it April fool? Still march 31st here!

To answer your question, my F1-expired over a year ago. When I applied to my current school I told them my situation. They said since my adjustment of status application was pending I was ok. They granted me in-state tuition as well.

OMG, you may be out of status. You need to contact USCIS to see how is your case and maybe you will need a lawyer. Sorry.

Is it real? It is difficult to believe that someone with such a good education and ambition can get fooled like this. Is it April fool? Still march 31st here!
Same thing I was thinking. I can't believe she didn't see his birth certificate and those papers before tying the not, and all the fantastic stuff about the selling drugs and filing taxes as single to get back more money (in fact, you pay MORE taxes if you file as single).

It must have been April 1st in the OP's time zone when the thread was started.

I don’t think it is real. Even without seeing a birth certificate you can figure out this information from someone, unless you desperate about marriage!!! The other slim possibility is that, that guy may be extremely intelligent like Italian boyfriend A….H….y. But by any chance it is real and there is any possibility it is good that if you work on marriage. Keep the immigration issue last priority.

Book sense does not necessarily translate to street sense. Some people are just gullible and it has nothing to do with education or ambition.

What does not make sense for me was what does he get out of the whole deal?