My interview....I can't believe it!!!

Just so everyone know. Fingerprints are valid for 15 months! In my case I won't be fingerprinted since they have it and it is valid. I have received letter confirming this today.

Good to see they're implementing some efficiency. They used to require fingerprints again for every new application, no matter how recent the previous application was.

Of course, they've already taken your biometrics fee again so it's free money for them when they get to keep the fee without providing the service.

I recall a similar fingerprint procedure being implemented when I was undergoing the naturalization process. Most applicants with valid (less than 15 months old) FPs on file weren't required to have them taken again, unless the processing time pushed their existing FPs past the 15 month validity timeframe.

Biometrics fee

Good to see they're implementing some efficiency. They used to require fingerprints again for every new application, no matter how recent the previous application was.

Of course, they've already taken your biometrics fee again so it's free money for them when they get to keep the fee without providing the service.

As soon as I'm scheduled for interview, I'll request refund for biometrics fee.
I did some research, I believe they have that 15 months fp rule for at least 3 or 4 years now. May be even more...

As soon as I'm scheduled for interview, I'll request refund for biometrics fee.
Don't waste your energy. It's 100% nonrefundable.
I did some research, I believe they have that 15 months fp rule for at least 3 or 4 years now. May be even more...

They've had it for at least a decade ... but it applied to only the same exact pending application. In other words, if your green card or naturalization was pending for more than 15 months, you'd have to do fingerprints again, otherwise only once. Allowing people who reapply to skip fingerprinting seems like a new policy.

Last edited by a moderator:

LOL. Just because you see "fingerprint fee" in that table doesn't mean it's refundable in your situation. Fingerprinting and the fee is a standard part of the naturalization process and they just happened to exempt you from the FP in this instance. It's not like they wrongfully advised you to pay a fingerprint fee for something like I-130.

Anyway, good luck with it, let us know what happens.

LOL. Just because you see "fingerprint fee" in that table doesn't mean it's refundable in your situation. Fingerprinting and the fee is a standard part of the naturalization process and they just happened to exempt you from the FP in this instance. It's not like they wrongfully advised you to pay a fingerprint fee for something like I-130.

Anyway, good luck with it, let us know what happens.

I didn't even read the part you're talking about, the chart I guess.:)) I just read first 2 paragraphs to get an idea. Anyway, we'll see.

Congrats and good luck for your interview. Post your experience again, since you said you had physical presence and continued residence issue which was not given attention by IO first time when she only asked for bank statements for last 5 years. Lets see what happens this time since nothing else except your first denial had changed in your case, I guess.
Scheduled for interview on March 6

Finally

WOW. Finally, what a day..... Had my interview today in Newark.
There were many people today, I stayed and waited there from 9AM till 5:30PM.
My interview went fine I guess. The girl was very nice. She asked me about my over 6 month trip, and asked me all supporting documents I had. I gave her all tax transcripts, medical notes, IRS note from my home country saying I didn't work for period of absence, credit card and bank statements. She kept all of these, and approved me. English and Civics were very easy. The hardest part again was waiting for more than 8 hours. Had oath ceremony same day, and will be applying for passport tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for help and encouragement.

C

WOW. Finally, what a day..... Had my interview today in Newark.
There were many people today, I stayed and waited there from 9AM till 5:30PM.
My interview went fine I guess. The girl was very nice. She asked me about my over 6 month trip, and asked me all supporting documents I had. I gave her all tax transcripts, medical notes, IRS note from my home country saying I didn't work for period of absence, credit card and bank statements. She kept all of these, and approved me. English and Civics were very easy. The hardest part again was waiting for more than 8 hours. Had oath ceremony same day, and will be applying for passport tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for help and encouragement.

Finally, congratulations to you!!! Isn't an amazing feeling to finally be a citizen? Your passport shouln't take that long, I had mine whithin 3 weeks. Congrats again!

Finally, congratulations to you!!! Isn't an amazing feeling to finally be a citizen? Your passport shouln't take that long, I had mine whithin 3 weeks. Congrats again!

it's amazing to finally put an end to dealing with stupidity and retardness(if there's such a word) of USCIS, that's for sure.:)

Yay!!

goro my friend! Congratulations and celebrations!!
I am happy for you. Are you now planning to go to your home country for your dental work?

I was in Newark office from 7am - 2:30pm, so I guess that's the normal time period one spends there for interview and oath. Btw, where did you park that day? And have you applied for your passport?

Enjoy your first weekend as a US Citizen! :)

goro my friend! Congratulations and celebrations!!
I am happy for you. Are you now planning to go to your home country for your dental work?

I was in Newark office from 7am - 2:30pm, so I guess that's the normal time period one spends there for interview and oath. Btw, where did you park that day? And have you applied for your passport?

Enjoy your first weekend as a US Citizen! :)

Thanks! Yeah I will be going to my home country and not only for dental work but to see all my relatives. This time I won't have to worry about continuous residence.:)
I parked in main parking where you pay $14/day. I know there are many other places to park but I didn't want to drive and look around. I knew about main parking, and went straight there.

2 days later I went to Social Security to update records on my citizenship. They told me I should have waited 10 days but they processed it anyway. That same day I went to post office, and applied for passport.

Thanks! Yeah I will be going to my home country and not only for dental work but to see all my relatives. This time I won't have to worry about continuous residence.:)
I parked in main parking where you pay $14/day. I know there are many other places to park but I didn't want to drive and look around. I knew about main parking, and went straight there.

2 days later I went to Social Security to update records on my citizenship. They told me I should have waited 10 days but they processed it anyway. That same day I went to post office, and applied for passport.

Not to revive an old thread but how is the 90-day rule applied? Is the 90-day clock applied from when the GC is approved (6/25/07 for me) or from the date I received the card via mail (8/10/07 for me). Just curious. I believe I am OK since I applied on 6/1/2012 which is OK by both but am quite curious.

Thanks in advance.

Not to revive an old thread but how is the 90-day rule applied? Is the 90-day clock applied from when the GC is approved (6/25/07 for me) or from the date I received the card via mail (8/10/07 for me). Just curious. I believe I am OK since I applied on 6/1/2012 which is OK by both but am quite curious.

Thanks in advance.

Look at your GC. It will have date since PR. That is the "date" you have to count from.