My Interview Experience

Mimi1212

Registered Users (C)
My experience:

Entered the building about 7:40am, my interview was at 8:05am. I went to the 2 floor where I was checked in then was told to go to the 3rd floor. I waited about 15 minutes then my name was called, the IO was a young-ish guy, looked nice…but boy was I wrong! As he called my name he kept walking away, I had to tell him right here! to let them know I was following him, he DID NOT looked at me once . Went in his office then he right away asked to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth…sat down then asked me for my passport, ID and GC. He started looking at my file over and over and over…..it was never ending I was just sitting there wondering when this was going to end HAHA. Again he DID NOT look at me. All of the sudden he said “When was the declaration of Independence adopted?” I kinda jump because I was not expecting him to talk at that moment. The he went on:

Name 1 of the longest river?
What do we call the first 10 amendments to the constitution?
We elect the president for how many years?
In what month do we vote for President?
What is the name of the speaker of the house of representatives now?

Those were my six questions, then I had to read “What month is Thanksgiving?” or something along those lines, I had to write: Thanksgiving is in November.

He then asked my DOB, Address etc, saw that I had 2 tickets and asked for RECEIPTS – this is great info for those who have them please take proof of payment with you just to be safe. He had me sign my pics and what it looked like a OATH form, I read the top and that’s what it said, it had my name, DOB and my phone as far as I could see. He then said he would be back in a minute. Came back asked for a dismissed case I have, I had already sent more than enough documents/disposition with my application and he had them because he kept looking at them, then said to wait that he would be back in a minute –again-. He came back and did something on his PC then handed me a form saying I had passed the test but a decision can’t be made ALSO another form saying I had 30 days to send additional evidence because what he had didn’t clearly say my case was dismissed, at this point I was telling myself wow I didn’t see that coming but then again it is his discretion to ask for those papers, so I asked him that if I was ok after sending that based on his experience and he said YES just send this on the mail and it should be ok. I’m thinking that because it was a Florida disposition and it was different than GA what he is used to he probably didn’t know enough and wants to make sure I don’t owe anything and that my case is long closed haha. I didn’t see this at a big deal, but I don’t have a choice right? =)

Now my question is, if he had me sign my pics and the oath form does it mean that I’m ok that he is just waiting for those additional papers? Or do they have everyone do this even when they deny them? I mean I don’t want to me negative but I was just wondering because I think that he wanted to make SURE that everything is in order for me to get approved , he was probably covering his butt in other words lol to go ahead and approve me.

Now I have a friend of the family lawyer getting everything together for me since I live in a different state now and I also want to make sure they get EVERYTHING they need, I feel good about this! I will keep you all posted. If any of you have any questions about the DO etc please feel free to ask haha I was all eyes and ears =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

I got my citizenship today from Newark, NJ (i.e Nov 16th, 2009 ). Out of 5years, I am out for 415 days. Especially from Oct 1st, 2008, I am wokring from Mumbai, India. IO asked me few questions and she was not convenienced. She said that, I don't have roper house and I am not paying any rent etc., I told her that , I am workng for US company and showed the business letter. Finally she said, she is not happy.

After coming out of the room, I noticed that, she recommeded my case finally.

Questions asked :

1. Who is our first president ? George Washington
2. Total no of seats in House of Representatives...435
3. Length of representative ...2 years
4. One war fought by US in 1900's ....World war I
5. We elect president in ...'November' ..

Read "Who is our first president" ....

Write..."Washington is our first president".

Wish you all good luck guys...thanks for your help...

rgds
sri

you passed the interview. Congrats!

you get citizenship when you get oath letter, and go to oath, take the oath and get naturalization certificate.

My experience:

Entered the building about 7:40am, my interview was at 8:05am. I went to the 2 floor where I was checked in then was told to go to the 3rd floor. I waited about 15 minutes then my name was called, the IO was a young-ish guy, looked nice…but boy was I wrong! As he called my name he kept walking away, I had to tell him right here! to let them know I was following him, he DID NOT looked at me once . Went in his office then he right away asked to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth…sat down then asked me for my passport, ID and GC. He started looking at my file over and over and over…..it was never ending I was just sitting there wondering when this was going to end HAHA. Again he DID NOT look at me. All of the sudden he said “When was the declaration of Independence adopted?” I kinda jump because I was not expecting him to talk at that moment. The he went on:

Name 1 of the longest river?
What do we call the first 10 amendments to the constitution?
We elect the president for how many years?
In what month do we vote for President?
What is the name of the speaker of the house of representatives now?

Those were my six questions, then I had to read “What month is Thanksgiving?” or something along those lines, I had to write: Thanksgiving is in November.

He then asked my DOB, Address etc, saw that I had 2 tickets and asked for RECEIPTS – this is great info for those who have them please take proof of payment with you just to be safe. He had me sing my pics and what it looked like a OATH form, I read the top and that’s what it said, it had my name, DOB and my phone as far as I could see. He then said he would be back in a minute. Came back asked for a dismissed cased I have, I had already sent more than enough documents/disposition with my application and he had them because he kept looking at them, then said to wait that he would be back in a minute –again-. He came back and did something on his PC then handed me a form saying I had passed the test but a decision can’t be made ALSO another form saying I had 30 days to send additional evidence because what he had didn’t clearly say my case was dismissed, at this point I was telling myself wow I didn’t see that coming but then again it is his discretion to ask for those papers, so I asked him that if I was ok after sending that based on his experience and he said YES just send this on the mail and it should be ok. I’m thinking that because it was a Florida disposition and it was different than GA what he is used to he probably didn’t know enough and wants to make sure I don’t owe anything and that my cased is long closed haha. I didn’t see this at a big deal, but I don’t have a choice right? =)

Now my question is, if he had me sing my pics and the oath form does it mean that I’m ok that he is just waiting for those additional papers? Or do they have everyone do this even when they deny them? I mean I don’t want to me negative but I was just wondering because I think that he wanted to make SURE that everything is in order for me to get approved , he was probably covering his butt in other words lol to go ahead and approve me.

Now I have a friend of the family lawyer getting everything together for me since I live in a different state now and I also want to make sure they get EVERYTHING they need, I feel good about this! I will keep you all posted. If any of you have any questions about the DO etc please feel free to ask haha I was all eyes and ears =)

mimi - sorry to hear that - however please note that you have a great skill in narration - you ever thought about writing stories or books?

Mimi,
this sounds like the same person i got during mine own interview.. same non acknowledgment, same silence, same awkwardness. same need for info. just send him the things and you would be ok. it does put a delay on ur case though!

Mimi,
this sounds like the same person i got during mine own interview.. same non acknowledgment, same silence, same awkwardness. same need for info. just send him the things and you would be ok. it does put a delay on ur case though!

Wow that's crazy, too bad we got "that guy" LOL but let's hope for the best, send him all he needs just like I will be doing ;)

mimi,

You should be okay. Just remember to send me one of those drop dead ladies from cuba...:)

HEY HEY! "I" was there! I'm a good looking girl, I've always got attention from guys...this is probably the only guy that has ever ignore me! haha

mimi - sorry to hear that - however please note that you have a great skill in narration - you ever thought about writing stories or books?

Haha I might consider writing a book about citizenship exeperiences, I will collect all of the ones here and write a book...haha I won't share the profit ;)

Finally after trying to get ALL the documents needed to send back to Atlanta today they received everything so wish me luck and hopefully I will be getting an oath letter soon =)

****I can't update my signature for some reason, sorry UGH!****