My interview experience

Punjabi_Munda

Registered Users (C)
Today was my interview and let me tell you it was a breeze. My appointment was at 1:30. I got there at 1:10, they called me in at 1:35 and I was done at 1:55. She took me in and asked me to raise my hand and put me under oath. After that she asked me if I was ready for the test. I told her I have been looking forward to this for years, oh yeah I'm ready. I got the first six questions right so she stopped right there. She asked me if I was an asylee, I said, "yes". Then she mentioned that you went back to (the name of the country, my home country) twice and to Canada once, did you go anywhere else besides that? I said, "no". then she went over my application. Asked me if I wanted to change my name? I said, "no". she made me read an English sentence and then write a sentence. That was it.
She gave me the approval letter N-652 and told me that I'll receive the oath letter in the mail.
I showed her my old passport, my new passport that I got after I received my green card. I showed her my travel document. She told me that all I'll need to bring to the ceremony will be travel document and my greencard.
She knew I went back home twice, I had all the documentation ready in case she questions, since my trips were for valid reason but not even a single question.
So boys and gals, keep your chin up and I wish you all the best when your time arrives.
Its time to pop open a bottle of bubbly :)

Congrats Punjabi Munday... balley balley... :)

enjoy your life being a citizen.... and yeah you can open a bubbly since ramazan is over... haahaha.. :D ;)

Hi guys. This is my first message here. I need your advice. I'm colombian, and I want to go on vacation to my country. I have Asylee status, but I don't have my GC yet; however, I have my Refugee Travel Document. Do you think, guys, that I should visit my country using this document????

I'd like to read EVERYTHING you think about it.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys. This is my first message here. I need your advice. I'm colombian, and I want to go on vacation to my country. I has Asylee status, but I don't have my GC yet; however, I have my Refugee Travel Document. Do you think, guys, that I should visit my country using this document????

I'd like to read EVERYTHING you think about it.

Thank you.

if you visit your country now before you even get your green card, your asylum status will be revoked

John,

I don't think that's totally true. I know someone from the Spanish forum that traveled to his country with a Refugee Travel Document, and he is now a Permanent Resident.

His asylum status was not revoke, or actually it was, because he is now a PR.

So please, don't misinform people.

Your statement is not completly true.

Well, I just read your opinion Colombian PR. I'd like to know what the rest of the people of this forum is thinking about this matter. Should I travel to the COP without GC and with only the Refugee Travel Document?????

Thank you, Colombianita/o for answering, anyway!!!!!

Here is the answer, one case may be different to the next and you may or may not have any problem going back to your COP now.
Only after you come back that you will know. Remember this though, your asylee status is granted for an indefinite period which is not permanent residency. I don't mean to scaring you but i simply don't think anyone in this forum could tell for certain at this moment what the outcome of your travel to your COP will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
John,

I don't think that's totally true. I know someone from the Spanish forum that traveled to his country with a Refugee Travel Document, and he is now a Permanent Resident.

His asylum status was not revoke, or actually it was, because he is now a PR.

So please, don't misinform people.

Your statement is not completly true.

Elsa, ahora no vaya a insultar al pobre John. Que si el tiene una opinion distinta a la suya es totalmente respetable!!!

ViaPalermo and John Smith.:

Thank you for answering. The thing is that there are a lot of people that constantly argue that I’m able to travel anywhere (including the COP) whenever I want. They say than even in the case that I have GC (AS6, AS7), I can travel to my country 5, 6 or 7 times if I like to. Is it true that, even having my GC in my pocket, the risk of being deported when I’m entering to the US exists?? What do you think?? because “Colombian PR” says that I can do it whatever and whenever I want.

Today was my interview and let me tell you it was a breeze. My appointment was at 1:30. I got there at 1:10, they called me in at 1:35 and I was done at 1:55. She took me in and asked me to raise my hand and put me under oath. After that she asked me if I was ready for the test. I told her I have been looking forward to this for years, oh yeah I'm ready. I got the first six questions right so she stopped right there. She asked me if I was an asylee, I said, "yes". Then she mentioned that you went back to (the name of the country, my home country) twice and to Canada once, did you go anywhere else besides that? I said, "no". then she went over my application. Asked me if I wanted to change my name? I said, "no". she made me read an English sentence and then write a sentence. That was it.
She gave me the approval letter N-652 and told me that I'll receive the oath letter in the mail.
I showed her my old passport, my new passport that I got after I received my green card. I showed her my travel document. She told me that all I'll need to bring to the ceremony will be travel document and my greencard.
She knew I went back home twice, I had all the documentation ready in case she questions, since my trips were for valid reason but not even a single question.
So boys and gals, keep your chin up and I wish you all the best when your time arrives.
Its time to pop open a bottle of bubbly :)

My friend, you did it!!!! after so many years sharing with you in this forum.

Remeber those days with the 10K cap? When some of us were predicted to be able to apply to be USC in 2016? Remeber Shamshon, Gilbert, wirelesssprint, jackolantern, and many others? some of them still around like Paramivr, John Smith, Lazer, etc.

Life is made out of cycles and it looks like we're closing another one.

Happy for you my friend, I hope to pop my bubly soon!!!:D
Good luck and don't drink too much be careful with the hangover in the Oath Ceremony!!:D