My Interview Experience in Charlotte, NC

Gatedgal

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

I had my interview at 12:20 pm earlier today and i passed it :) My oath ceremony will be at 1:00 pm tomorrow. I feel so good that i celebrated this happy day by myself :) :p

I got there around 11:20 and they told me to come back around 11:50. I did as i was told and waited in the car, went over the civics question for the last time. I went in the appointment waiting room around 11:50 and waited there for 40 minutes. The officer was nice but he was very meticilious. I raised my right hand and swore before i was seated. He asked me those questions on the form one more time. (yes and no questions). Then i finally took the test. He stopped as soon as i got 6 of them right. I took an unreal writing and reading test. He made me write " We are a happy family" lol. and i passed the test! He wanted to see my green card, marriage certificate, and other documents that was listed in the letter. I brought our wedding pictures just in case and he was amazed after seeing our middle eastern traditional wedding pictures hehe. He asked what my plans were after the naturalization and i told him that i wanted to become a fighter pilot and do my PhD in the meantime if i can. He wished me good luck and congratulated me. I asked him if there was any chance that he could schedule my oath ceremony tomorrow, and he did it! otherwise, they usually schedule for the next week if your interview is in the afternoon. I am so happy! I will miss the work tomorrow but who cares. i am here in my room, overlooking the SouthPark Mall. This is just a great day.

Thank you very much all for your continuing support and being there whenever i needed help. I will do my best to help others. :)

Hello everyone,

I had my interview at 12:20 pm earlier today and i passed it :) My oath ceremony will be at 1:00 pm tomorrow. I feel so good that i celebrated this happy day by myself :) :p

I got there around 11:20 and they told me to come back around 11:50. I did as i was told and waited in the car, went over the civics question for the last time. I went in the appointment waiting room around 11:50 and waited there for 40 minutes. The officer was nice but he was very meticilious. I raised my right hand and swore before i was seated. He asked me those questions on the form one more time. (yes and no questions). Then i finally took the test. He stopped as soon as i got 6 of them right. I took an unreal writing and reading test. He made me write " We are a happy family" lol. and i passed the test! He wanted to see my green card, marriage certificate, and other documents that was listed in the letter. I brought our wedding pictures just in case and he was amazed after seeing our middle eastern traditional wedding pictures hehe. He asked what my plans were after the naturalization and i told him that i wanted to become a fighter pilot and do my PhD in the meantime if i can. He wished me good luck and congratulated me. I asked him if there was any chance that he could schedule my oath ceremony tomorrow, and he did it! otherwise, they usually schedule for the next week if your interview is in the afternoon. I am so happy! I will miss the work tomorrow but who cares. i am here in my room, overlooking the SouthPark Mall. This is just a great day.

Thank you very much all for your continuing support and being there whenever i needed help. I will do my best to help others. :)

Congrats and God bless! I think you probably set some kind of record by completing the entire process in less than 3 months. :)

I prayed for this every single day. God knows. Its not really all about expediting it. I saw military members there today and wives who expedited their processes but took more than 6 months. I just believed, prayed and called every single day :)

I had my interview at 12:20 pm earlier today and i passed it :)

Hi Gatedgal,
Congratulations on your successful interview?
What's the name of the form they gave you after the interview? What does it say exactly? Does it say that you've successfully passed the interview?

suresh_colo

it says i passed the history, reading and writing test. And it says congratulations. you will be scheduled for oath. After that, we waited in the room for our oath letters and our names were called and got the oath letter.

Thank you :)

Just simply fantastic!!! By the way did they want copies of the marriage certificate and all the other docs? I think we got the same interview letter. I am not sure if it is standard for family based applications. In any case I sent them copies of the marriage certificate , passports, birth certificates etc with my file when I applied in January. So should I bring more copies or the originals or both? I am hoping to be not too far behind you!

Bring everything with you just in case. You need to bring original documents. Also bring bills, tax returns, and such just to be on the safe side. I cant wait to hear your interview experience :) Hopefully you will have your oath same day but if you cant, ask for the day after.

Congratulations Gatedgal..Happy to see your journey is almost over..you have a great outlook..keep it up and it will lead you to fulfill your dreams !!

What were the other docs?

Hey congrats on your interview.

What were the other documents that were asked beside the marriage certificate.

Also the interview , is it a verbal interview or a written like an objective cause my SIL had the interview a year back and she had an written test.

And also wanted to know if after the fingerprinting is done, do we get a letter from the USCIS about the fingerprinting approved.

Verbal interview for civics questions followed by a reading and writing test.

You will get the list of the evidence with your Interview Letter. It depends on how you acquired your green card. Mine was based on marriage therefore i had to bring my marriage cert, husbands birth cert, passport, my passport, green card, and tax returns.

thank you synn_r. I hope you have your citizenship soon