My interview at Milwaukee yesterday

packer_fan

Registered Users (C)
Me and my wife had our interview at Milwaukee yesterday. We went 30 minutes before the interview. My wife had her interview first. The immigration officer just asked for drivers licence and green card. Verified the information on N400 and gave her the test. She got the approval and form N652. I was called next and it was a different immigration officer who interviewed me. It was exactly the same for me too. I also got the approval and N652. Both me and my wife were told that we would be receiving the oath letter by mail.

Though the interview was very smooth, it was a minor disappointment that they did not tell us the oath date. I think when PP4U went for his interview, they told him the oath date at the end of the interview. Now we have to wait for the oath letter. It may be because our interview was at 2:30 PM. Anyway we are happy that the interview went off well.

As me and my wife were interviewed by different immigration officers, would we get two different oath dates? Anyone with similar experience, please let me know.

Packer_fan

Timeline:
N400 RD Nov 18th 2005
FP done Jan 20th, 2006
Interview ND Feb 02 2006
Interview done March 20th 2006
Oath ???

Did the officer give you (or your wife) a result sheet? Did the officer indicate if all your background checks were complete?

OCworker,
I did not ask about the oath as I did not want to come across as too anxious. But should I have asked?

brb2,
Both me and wife were just given the N652 (1 Sheet) with a X marked against:
You have passed the english and the history test
Congratulations. You have been recommended for approval.

What is a result sheet? I did not ask about the background checks as I assumed that they would not have recommended our case for approval without completing the background checks. Is my assumption valid or am I wrong?

packer_fan said:
OCworker,
I did not ask about the oath as I did not want to come across as too anxious. But should I have asked?

brb2,
Both me and wife were just given the N652 (1 Sheet) with a X marked against:
You have passed the english and the history test
Congratulations. You have been recommended for approval.

What is a result sheet? I did not ask about the background checks as I assumed that they would not have recommended our case for approval without completing the background checks. Is my assumption valid or am I wrong?

the result sheet is the n652. your assumption is correct. they would not put a X marked on the section "Congratulations...." if your background was not cleared at the time of interview.

if i were you, i would ask for the date. afterall, i see there is no harm to ask a question as "I wonder when I would be able to attend the oath...etc". i guess the worst case you would face is

officer: "Sorry, I do not have the answer for you yet."

OCworker,
In hindsight, may be I should have asked about the oath date. I was taken by surprise that the interview was over in less than 10 minutes.

If anyone has attended the interview at Milwaukee or received the oath letter recently, could you please post your timeline?

Thanks,
Packer_fan

Even though I am from the Washington DO, here too they have started to conduct interviews on one weekend a month (this Saturday was the start). I had a Saturday 8:50 am interview and all the people who got interviewed before noon got the same day Oath (yes even on Saturday). There were total 51 Naturalized Citizens including me past Saturday.

People who were interviewed after 12:00 got Monday Oath days. Point to note is that everyone was getting the Green Oath Forms. May be because it is a big DO, the Oath ceremonies are conducted every day and they schedule Oaths right after the IV, instead of sending the date by mail.

Not sure if this helps you, just wanted to point out a trend.. seems different from the Milwaukee DO. Good luck

Hi packer_fan
Did you and your wife both have the same Interview time - 2:30 pm?

Thanks

Me and my wife had our interview at Milwaukee yesterday. We went 30 minutes before the interview. My wife had her interview first. The immigration officer just asked for drivers licence and green card. Verified the information on N400 and gave her the test. She got the approval and form N652. I was called next and it was a different immigration officer who interviewed me. It was exactly the same for me too. I also got the approval and N652. Both me and my wife were told that we would be receiving the oath letter by mail.

Though the interview was very smooth, it was a minor disappointment that they did not tell us the oath date. I think when PP4U went for his interview, they told him the oath date at the end of the interview. Now we have to wait for the oath letter. It may be because our interview was at 2:30 PM. Anyway we are happy that the interview went off well.

As me and my wife were interviewed by different immigration officers, would we get two different oath dates? Anyone with similar experience, please let me know.

Packer_fan

Timeline:
N400 RD Nov 18th 2005
FP done Jan 20th, 2006
Interview ND Feb 02 2006
Interview done March 20th 2006
Oath ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Does any one know where is the oath ceremony usually conducted in milwaukee and some latest time frame for 2009 oath for milwaukee would be great...

Does any one know where is the oath ceremony usually conducted in milwaukee and some latest time frame for 2009 oath for milwaukee would be great...

The Milwaukee Oath cerenomy is usually held at the courthouse in the Federal building on Wisconsin Ave. Last year before the elections they were holding ceremonies at the district office on Knapp St.

Edit: The ceremonies are usually held two days per month.

Last edited by a moderator: