my I-140 EB-1 A got approved

NIW@TSC

Registered Users (C)
Aftwer my NIW aproval. I have sent in another application for EB-1 EA (Extraordinary Ability), which has been appoved on March 11 at TSC. I recieve the appoval notice today. However, the online status still shows pending.

Thanks to EB1doc's encouragement.

Praise to LORD.

I 140 EB2 NIW RD Jan 18, 2006, AD Feb 8, 2006
I 140 EB1 EA RD Feb 21, 2006, AD March 10, 2006

I-485 Waiting ........... for current date

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi NIW@TSC,

Hearty Congratulations. I was reading your posts on your NIW petition. How did you address the lack of citations? My NIW was denied recently because of lack of enough independent citations. Please let me know. I am trying to gather as many opinions as possible as I am getting ready to file an appeal.

Thanks

Thanks. I just didn't mention it. I had worried about it.
I think I am lucky, because I am at TSC area.

Congratulations! I'm at TSC too and I'm preparing to respond to the RFE I got regarding the 3rd prong and the lack of citations. Have you got any RFE from TSC? if yes, what was it about and how did you respond to it? Please elaborate on this as it may substantially help me too. For my case, I got 9 new extremely strong "independent" letter from all over united states (top universities and government agencies) that I'm going to submit. Moreover, I have 3 new publications (all first author) that I'm going to include! but still not so many citations as my publications are very recent:( any suggestion?!??!?!

Thanks!

not really! It is almost 2 months I am waiting to hear anything from them as NIW with a VERY high good records. No news yet

sent u message

NIW@TSC said:
Thanks. I just didn't mention it. I had worried about it.
I think I am lucky, because I am at TSC area.

I have sent you a pvt message. Can you pl. reply to that.

Thanks for all the congrats. I really don't think I deserve all these, considering others with more achievements but still strugling.

So far, I only have 3 journal papers including 2 in press and one in my home country. So I have zero citation. However, I have about 20 conference papers, which I can't find any citations. No citation was one of my major concerns.

However, I have recieved lots of invitations for review and participation of international conferences and journal submissions. I have saved all these emails which have my name in salution. I mean not these just general calls for papers.

I have also received many emails asking about my works, some from industry, some from university students. I stated in my petition letter that these things show my influence. Garemani, I whish these may help.

As to the third prong, I addressed it from several points:
1. I am excellent; the labor certification doesn't address excellence.
2. I will serve the national interest better than average work with the same minimum qualifications.
3. My labor certification might get rejected, because there is enough workers with the same minimum qualifications within my areas. (Also, one referee mentioned my work is temporary)

Based on these, the conclusion is that the national interest will be adversely affected if a labor certification is required.

NIW@TSC said:
Thanks for all the congrats. I really don't think I deserve all these, considering others with more achievements but still strugling.

So far, I only have 3 journal papers including 2 in press and one in my home country. So I have zero citation. However, I have about 20 conference papers, which I can't find any citations. No citation was one of my major concerns.

However, I have recieved lots of invitations for review and participation of international conferences and journal submissions. I have saved all these emails which have my name in salution. I mean not these just general calls for papers.

I have also received many emails asking about my works, some from industry, some from university students. I stated in my petition letter that these things show my influence. Garemani, I whish these may help.

As to the third prong, I addressed it from several points:
1. I am excellent; the labor certification doesn't address excellence.
2. I will serve the national interest better than average work with the same minimum qualifications.
3. My labor certification might get rejected, because there is enough workers with the same minimum qualifications within my areas. (Also, one referee mentioned my work is temporary)

Based on these, the conclusion is that the national interest will be adversely affected if a labor certification is required.

Congrats!
What kind of resources did you make use of during your preparation? To my understanding you applied by yourself, right? Or did you hire an attorney?

Did you get shiny reference letters from your peers who stated that you and your work are both top notch? How many did you send to TSC? When you asked for a reference letter, did you mention about the reason for the request, I mean, did you say something like, "I need a nice reference letter because I will apply for green card through NIW. A mediocre one will not help me much so please make it shine a lot" or something like this?

You success encouraged me a lot. Some people out there believe that, for example, 6 articles in top journals and ~20 citation do not establish a strong enough case.

archilles said:
Congrats!
What kind of resources did you make use of during your preparation? To my understanding you applied by yourself, right? Or did you hire an attorney?

Yes, I did it myself. I spent $200 on several packages from several websites and I learned a lot from them. But I would say, none of them will work perfectly for you. You must digest the information and make it yourself. I have spent about whole month on the reference letter, petition letters. Lots of work.

Did you get shiny reference letters from your peers who stated that you and your work are both top notch? How many did you send to TSC?

Yes, my reference letters are excellent. I send 8 letters to TSC, 5 of them are independent.

When you asked for a reference letter, did you mention about the reason for the request, I mean, did you say something like, "I need a nice reference letter because I will apply for green card through NIW. A mediocre one will not help me much so please make it shine a lot" or something like this?

I offered them a sample letter. Most of them signed and returned to me with slight modifications.

You success encouraged me a lot. Some people out there believe that, for example, 6 articles in top journals and ~20 citation do not establish a strong enough case.

I think I am lucky. I don't deserve it. Praise to LORD.

NIW@TSC said:
Aftwer my NIW aproval. I have sent in another application for EB-1 EA (Extraordinary Ability), which has been appoved on March 11 at TSC. I recieve the appoval notice today. However, the online status still shows pending.

Thanks to EB1doc's encouragement.

Praise to LORD.

I 140 EB2 NIW RD Jan 18, 2006, AD Feb 8, 2006
I 140 EB1 EA RD Feb 21, 2006, AD March 10, 2006

I-485 Waiting ........... for current date

Hi Niw Tsc,
Congratulations!!!!. YOur case is very much encouraging and with how many publications you filed I-140 under EB2-NIW. what about the recommendation letters? did you use the same letter for EB-1-EA also? what are the major points you highlighted in your i-140 petition under eb=1=ea category?

madgu-gc2005 said:
Hi Niw Tsc,
Congratulations!!!!. YOur case is very much encouraging and with how many publications you filed I-140 under EB2-NIW. what about the recommendation letters? did you use the same letter for EB-1-EA also? what are the major points you highlighted in your i-140 petition under eb=1=ea category?

Yes. I used the same letter. The petion letter is slightly different. You need stick to the requirements

NIW@TSC said:
Yes. I used the same letter. The petion letter is slightly different. You need stick to the requirements

Hi NIW@TSC,

How many requirements you could fulfil out of 10 standards?
My I-140 got approved under NIW-Eb2. Do you think I might become eligible to apply under eb-1EA with the following credentials. Can I use the same letter that I got for my NIW. Incidentally none of the letter says that I am applying for NIW. The letters are 6 months old. I can get fresh letters and it should not be a problem.

1. 11 publications - 8 international and 3 indian journals
2. 6 letters of recommendations - 3 from US and 3 from other countries - all letters are very strong and different
3. couple of articles reviewed through my BOss-did not get an invitation from the journal directly
4. 3 years of post doc and now working as a research assistant with the same professor (I am on 6th Year)
5. 8-10 groups cited my published papers
6. before obtaining ph.d having work experience in industry for about 2.5 years
7. 10 conferences (including GORDON conference) attended and presented papers (oral/poster)

I need your feed back. did you file through an attorney or DIY?

Thanks in advance.

Congradulations NIW@TSC.
One question. For eB2 and EB1, you said you used the same ref letters from the same people. Did you get two copies or you submitted a copy of the original letter? How did you do that. Most people writing reference letters are reluctant to write asecond letter.
Thanks for the information in advance.

I have reviewed ton's of papers including journal and conferences, and served as program committee member of several conferences.

I also have one membership.

Plus publications. Those make me barely qualified for EB1.

madgu-gc2005 said:
Hi NIW@TSC,

How many requirements you could fulfil out of 10 standards?
My I-140 got approved under NIW-Eb2. Do you think I might become eligible to apply under eb-1EA with the following credentials. Can I use the same letter that I got for my NIW. Incidentally none of the letter says that I am applying for NIW. The letters are 6 months old. I can get fresh letters and it should not be a problem.

1. 11 publications - 8 international and 3 indian journals
Good for one.

2. 6 letters of recommendations - 3 from US and 3 from other countries - all letters are very strong and different

These are essential.

3. couple of articles reviewed through my BOss-did not get an invitation from the journal directly
Doesn't count

4. 3 years of post doc and now working as a research assistant with the same professor (I am on 6th Year)

5. 8-10 groups cited my published papers
6. before obtaining ph.d having work experience in industry for about 2.5 years
Doesn't count

7. 10 conferences (including GORDON conference) attended and presented papers (oral/poster)

I need your feed back. did you file through an attorney or DIY?

DIY

Thanks in advance.

good_y said:
Congradulations NIW@TSC.
One question. For eB2 and EB1, you said you used the same ref letters from the same people. Did you get two copies or you submitted a copy of the original letter? How did you do that. Most people writing reference letters are reluctant to write asecond letter.
Thanks for the information in advance.

When I requested letter, I asked for duplicated copies. If they only sent me one copy, I used colored copied one.

NIW@TSC said:
I have reviewed ton's of papers including journal and conferences, and served as program committee member of several conferences.

I also have one membership.

Plus publications. Those make me barely qualified for EB1.

Do you think I can give a shot at
Eb-1EA. Need your opinion and please evaluate my credentials since you have been through this process.

Thanks

Madgu,

I am not an expert. But I think it never hurt to try.
However, you must confident with your credentials. Ask youself can you meet at least three qualifications?

I think you have good publications and reference letter. But that's not enought. Try to find more evidence required by USICS.

NIW@TSC

madgu-gc2005 said:
Do you think I can give a shot at
Eb-1EA. Need your opinion and please evaluate my credentials since you have been through this process.

Thanks