My friend got fired after the second finger prints.

GreenCardNotYet

Registered Users (C)
My friend got fired after the second finger prints. :eek: The employer sent a letter to immagration that she fired him. The work permit expires next May.
Now he has to find a new job.

I have two questions:

1. Can anyone tell me what's the time limit he has to find a job within?

2. From what stage does he freshily restart? From the second finger prints or another work permit?

Thank you for your info in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming his I-140 is approved he should be able to use AC-21 to switch jobs (it won't matter if the original sponsor tries to revoke this). He should find a job as soon as possible (one that matches the job for which the LC / I-140 was done). If the USCIS decides to confirm his employment (probably likely if the I-140 was "revoked") he'll need to show that he has a new sponsor at that time. In theory, he doesn't actually have to start working until after the GC is approved though.

Also, I'm assuming he's working on an EAD currently? If not, he'll need to get one (or transfer his H visa if that's possible at this point).

If he finds a job in time, he shouldn't have to restart anything. His I-485 should be processed within the next year or so (possibly sooner, especially if he's already done FP2). Again, if they get to his I-485 and generate an RFE or transfer it to the local office for processing, he'll need to have an appropriate job lined up at that time.

ETA

Dude...give some details about your friend

If you feel you could help your friend......it would be nice if your present a clear picture with little more details. Rather than people like us writing a whole story describing all scenarios.
Give details like:
485 RD/ND
EAD applied ??
140 approved or not

-gc0902

I thought it's petty much self explanatory but maybe I wrong.

RD/ND September 2002
I-140 approved last year
Current EAD expires next May

What's the worst case sinario for him, excluding the case he might not find an appropriate job?

At this moment, since his I485 is employment based, he needs to have a job which supports his I485 no matter what. In case if INS sends an RFE's, he needs to show to INS that he has found a job with similar job title and description and the employer is willing to support his I485. If he couldn't respond to the RFE within stipulated time using AC21, then his GC will be denied without question as his present sponsorer has withdrawn the support.

So he has only one option is to find the Job as quickly as possilbe and prove it to CIS that he is eligible for AC21.

GreenCardNotYet said:
What's the worst case sinario for him, excluding the case he might not find an appropriate job?

when we applied for Green Card, we have to be very good with company. even though we dont agree in some situations with them. I knew that, some of the employers will take advantage of situation, since they knew that we wont go anywhere and tolerates the non-sense, whatever they do.

Companyies wont revoke I-140 generally, if you normally laid-off, unless they have really worst relationsship with you. Some companies will support the employees, till your GC completed, if you work with them atleast 2 to 3 years. I was with company for 4 years and was laid off in Dec'2003. I got RFE on my I-140 recently. I contacted them, they immediately responded to RFE and instructed company attorney to send positive reply for RFE. I got my I-140 approved.

My X company is software development company and did laid-off 90% of employees in NJ branch, since they did not get any projects here. I am one of the victim. Company did not get new projects since a lot changes in Higher management. Company is doing overall very good with still 400 employees and good bank balance sheet.

Why I am telling my story is, just advice the all applicants to maintain good relationship with company till you get your GC.