My experience with travel on advance parole

I had the different experience at port of entry (LAX). I had H1B visa and AP both but officer said he is not going to use H1B visa since my 485 is pending. I tried to explain but he didn't budge. Finally he took a copy of AP and stamped original and gave it back to me. Also, he said my company must be running some kind of scam... That was bull man. It is my choice to use Visa or AP. Anyways I have talked to my HR/Immigration dept and they are looking into it... anybody had similar exp...

I received three copies of AP, at JFK I showed them only one, officer stamped it, did not ask abouth the other two, stapled a I-94 stating paroled for 1 yeared from the date of entry.

Yea, same thing happend for me as well. I showed just one at JFK and they gave it back after stamping on it.

We travelled and came back on AP last week. The officer took one copy of AP and stamped two copies APs and gave it to us.

Thanks,

First time AP

Hi All
I am currently waiting for the infamous background check on my I485 application for 2yrs now. Its been 3 yrs since i left US and wish to visit my family members. I entered US on student visa and my wife is US citizen. I want to visit my brother in Australia in summer and my parents in India in winter. Does AP allow us to visit countries other than our native ocuntry? Also is there a need for some strong reason to apply for AP( Visiting family is valid enough?). And how many entries (different countries) are valid in multiple entry AP.
I've read at places that ppl who entered on student or tourist visa and married US citizens are subjected to more thorough search and investigation on re-entring US on AP. Is it safe to leave US on AP or rather wait for green card to arrive? ALso how long does the whole process takes?
Regards
Pal

Guys,
I have am traveling with AP next week but I havent received my EAD card yet. A friend of mine saying that it is necessary to have EAD when I want to enter the USA. Is this right? Was anybody questioned about EAD after entering on AP?

Thanks for the info
Reza EB2-NIW

Ok help me understand one more thing...

Here is the scenario..

I have a H1 not stamped till DEc 2008. I travel outside US and come back on AP on Nov 2007. After coming I am working for the same employer.

--Now from Nov 07 to Dec 08 what will be my status??? H1 or Parolee.
--If H1 then its fine but if PArolee then do I have to file for H1 again even though my H1 expires in dec 08 and I have a year more.
--If my status is Parolee then how can i work on H1.

Confusion confusion!!!!

Ok help me understand one more thing...

Here is the scenario..

I have a H1 not stamped till DEc 2008. I travel outside US and come back on AP on Nov 2007. After coming I am working for the same employer.

--Now from Nov 07 to Dec 08 what will be my status??? H1 or Parolee.
--If H1 then its fine but if PArolee then do I have to file for H1 again even though my H1 expires in dec 08 and I have a year more.
--If my status is Parolee then how can i work on H1.
No confusion. Your status is parolee and you can work on H1. H1 works as an authorization to work, not status.

Dear All:

Whether your citizenship has finally been approved, your case is pending or you are getting started, you know the need for reform in the stalling process that can take for years. Many of you are already aware of the "Citizenship Promotion Act" introduced by Senator Obama on March 7, 07. This bill limits the increase in the immigration fees, but most importantly delineates time frames for FBI name check, which has a backlog of 300,000 and are reviewing cases "manually". I have started a petition in support of the bill. Please be informed that the bill also supports applicants of permanent residency in their name check process as well. WE ALL NEED TO SIGN IT AND ALSO PASS IT ON TO ALL OF THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS WHO ARE OR HAVE BEEN ENTANGLED BY THE OVERDUE IMMIGRATION PROCESSES. THE MORE SIGNATURES WE HAVE, THE MORE WE WILL BE ABLE TO OBTAIN ADVOCACY FOR THE BILL BY THE CONGRESSMEN AND SENATORS.

PLEASE SIGN AND PASS FORWARD FOR ANYONE AND EVERYONE TO SEE.
http://www.petitiononline.com/nc082505/petition.html
BITA

my experience on AP copies

Hi All,
Just sharing my experience with the AP process. I had recieved 3 copies of the AP since when i filled out the form i wrote i need to travel multiple times. When i went to India i just carried only 1 copy. On my entry back to USA, the officer asked me for the other 2 copies. I told him that i thought i just need to carry 1, why do you need the other 2 they are for my next trip. I told him the copies are at home.
He told me to carry all copies next time. He stamped my AP and wrote Paroled until Sept xx 07.. (till the date my AP expires). Then he went to a copy machine and made a copy of my stamped AP and gave me back my original.
He told me to carry this stamped copy if i travel out...
What i understand from this is that 1) He already gave me Parole entry permission till the AP expiry period.... so i can use the same document and don't need the other 2 copies.
2) He takes away 1 of your copies so that he does not have to go to the copier and make a copy.
Any suggestions, comments...

Guys,
I have am traveling with AP next week but I havent received my EAD card yet. A friend of mine saying that it is necessary to have EAD when I want to enter the USA. Is this right? Was anybody questioned about EAD after entering on AP?

Thanks for the info
Reza EB2-NIW

My wife (dependent) went to India for a 3 months trip and came back last friday(March 9th 2007) and at the port of entry in Newark, after showing her AP, she was asked EAD. Luckily she had it so she showed it. I dont know if EAD is needed or not, but this is what has happened.

Perm User.

As I understand it, EAD is NOT required for reentry with AP but it is a safety valve. The US wants the productive persons who benefit this country, not the unemployed ones (simply because they have a lot). The EAD, to great extent, prove that you are working or at least eligible to work. Travelling without EAD MAY put you at risk. Personal opinion.

trip from India/Phily Airport POE

I entered the U.S (POE : Philadelphia airport) using AP last week. I have a valid H1 approval form but my visa stamp in the passport has expired.

The officer at the counter saw my AP and asked me if I was on H1. I said yes (he did not ask for the I-797 approval form). He fingerprinted me and took my picture. He then asked me to proceed to the secondary inspection room. I gave the three AP copies to one of the officers in the secondary inspection room. He asked me which company I worked for. He took one of the 3 AP forms and returned two of them back to me - one stamped and the other unstamped. He told me to carry both of them next time I travel. He also stamped my I-94. I was in the secondary inspection room for less than 5 minutes.

Yesterday, I noticed that an U.S. entry date was not stamped in my passport. Will this create any problems? I will be travelling to India in two months. Does the fact that my passport does not have an U.S entry date create any problems at the immigration counter in India?

Thanks.

auro02

Dear AURO02,
Do we need to fill out a new I-94 form when we enter USA as Advance Parole? When I left U.S. I gave my I-94 forms to the airline officer. I had two I-94 form; one was related to my enterance as student in 2002, and the second was related to my H1 approval notice. I will be back around May 2nd and this info will be helpful for me.

Thanks,
Reza

Reza,

Yes, we will have to fill a new I-94 form. The immigration officer at the POE will stamp the I-94 and it will read "Paroled until xxxx date".

Auro02

Travelled on AP

I have been out of the country on AP and traveled thro' Frankfurt and didn't hold a transit visa.

Frankfurt: While going, I was able to roam in airport and always verified boarding pass and passport and no other doc but while coming back just constrained to one big lounge and didn't allow anyone to roam in airport.

at Destination Immig clearance, they asked do u have AP as my visa was expired? and he was not even bothered to see AP or EAD just my passport got stamped.

At US POE, I filled out I-94 and mentioned as AOS as no valid visa, and I gave him one copy of 512 (I got only two AP docs). Asked me who is sponsoring the GC, (I just replied my company XYZ). He stamped my passport/I-94/AP for another year and said you can carry this next time onwards. Nothing more.

What will happen when they don't allow to enter into US on AP? How can we take care of vacating the apartment or selling car etc..