My DCF Experience

Even though Chennai is the busiest, they are very efficient and process immigrant visas pretty fast. I don't see a reason why ratrat's husband wouldn't get a June interview.

Good luck to you and keyun.

Thank you phillydude and Ratrat provideing such a nice information. Ratrat..i thought the same way when i read that Yellow page given by consulate office at delhi. Its says that for less then 2 yrs will received conditional Greencard so now my dought is clear. And like philydude said it Chennai consulate is working very good on CR/IR visa. So now i m hopeing for my interview on June too.
Let me go back to work...talk to you guys later. and see if i can get some more info...
thanks you guys

Packet 4 question...

Hey

I just want to make sure I have this right - on the day of the Packet 4 interview, if the petition is approved, they retain the spouse's Indian passport?

This passport comes with the CR1 visa attached?

Once you enter the US, how long until the actual greencard arrives?

Thanks!

Ratrat

packet 4 is sent after consul receives packet 3. interview is soon after and they retain the passport. wife got gc (physical card) in 2 weeks after arrival to us

Justed wanted to let you guys/gals know that my wife got her CR1 visa approved. The passport was delivered the next day (today). Finally an end to all the craziness!

Yes, other than Rahul's experience, I have also found out from other immigration web sites that the physical GC arrives within a month.

Rahul,
How long did the SSN take?

Thank you all for your support.

PD.

Congrats Phillydude
Just want to know that which embassy did your wife received her CR1 visa. Also, if you know or you will..what question does consular officer asked your wife. Could you post your wife experience later on so person like me can have some info about visa interview.
THank you

PD,
Congrats. Great going. Pls post ur detailed timeline. Physical GC we got under 1 month (along with a separate welcome letter). SSN in 2.5 weeks (we checked to receive it automatically in the packet 4 form)
Great going

Time line and interview questions

Timeline:
10/21/04 Mailed I-130 to VSC
10/22/04 12:31 PM VSC receives I-130
10/25/04 Case entered into VSC computer system and NOA1 created
10/28/04 Check clears and I get my case ID
10/29/04 Received NOA1 in the mail
11/19/04 Touched
11/22/04 Touched (A lotta touching going on!)
11/24/04 Case approved (online and email)
11/29/04 Touched
12/02/04 Received NOA2 in the mail
12/03/04 NVC receives and assigns case number
12/20/04 DS 3032 and I 864 Fee bill mailed (post mark date 12/23)

12/24/04 - 1/1/05 - Out of town

01/03/05 Mailed DS3032 and I 864 Fee bill back to NVC
01/04/05 11:08 AM DS3032 delivered at NVC
01/05/05 05:56 AM I 864 Fee delivered at St Louis MO.
01/08/05 NVC automated system acknowledges acceptance of DS 3032.
01/10/05 NVC generates IV Fee bill
01/15/05 Wife receives DS3032 mailed by NVC
01/22/05 Received IV Fee Bill (dated 1/9 and post mark date 1/18).
01/24/05 Mailed IV Fee Bill to St Louis, MO.
01/26/05 03:57 AM IV Fee Bill delivered at St Louis, MO.
01/26/05 NVC acknowledges I 864 Fee bill payment (via email).
01/31/05 NVC generates I 864 - Affidavit of support.
02/05/05 Received I 864 (Post mark date 2/3/05)
02/10/05 Mailed I 864 back to NVC
02/11/05 NVC acknowledges IV Fee bill payment
02/12/05 8:58 AM I 864 delivered
02/14/05 NVC generates DS230
02/18/05 Received DS230 (Post mark date 2/16/05)
02/19/05 Mailed DS230 to NVC
02/22/05 11:48 AM DS230 delivered
02/24/05 NVC acknowledges DS230 by updating automated system
03/07/05 Case complete
03/18/05 Case forwarded to Chennai consulate
03/25/05 Letter received from NVC about case completion

04/01/05 Wife receives packet 4 with interview date
04/14/05 Completed medical
05/06/05 Interview - Approved
05/07/05 Passport with visa delivered.

Questions asked at the interview: How did you get introduced? When did you meet? What happened between the time you first met to marriage (sequence of events)? How many times did your spouse visit you? When was the last time he visited you? Have you been to the US before? When did you get married? Husband's name? Age difference? Husband's date of birth? Have any one of you been married before? Any kids from previous marriage? Their age? These were the ones which the Indian CO asked. Later on the American CO asked a subset of the previous question and his final question was to name wedding hall (Kalyan matap).

SomeOne Help PLS

I am in India and my husband is in NJ.
He has to file my I-130 and I can't understand somethings about it.
Please help.

1. I understand that the G-325 A has to go with the I-130 at the time of application. Now how many G-325A forms have to be sent.
Is is two? One for me and one for my husband?
Would that mean, a total of 8 pages, 4 about me and 4 about my husband?

2. I think my husband would be the applicant and I would be the beneficiary. So where do I sign on the G-325A. Because it requires the applicant's signature everywhere!!

3. What all in the G-325A has to have information about me? It only wants the applicant's information everywhere!!!

4. What has to done about all this, and also tell me, if it must have my sign anywhere, the only option i have is, to download the forms here in India, sign them and send them. Is that right?

Everybody help pls.

Questions about G-325A.

Rahul/phillyDude,

As you have done this maybe you can clarify few things.

1. My wife to be wants to use my family name after marriage. When she is filling G-325A, can she write my family name in the family name section and in section which says "All other names used", mention maiden name and name from previous marriage? Will our marriage certificate in India be enough to prove her name is changed to my family name or do i need any other documents?

2. When I (US citizen) am filling my G-325A, as i am going to be in India for over 60 days for filing DCF, in the section asking "Applicants address for past 5 years", do i need to mention my address in India in the first row ( from the day of my entry into India to Present) and then mention my address in USA?

How have you guys addressed these sections in the G-325A?

Regards,
ums

Congrats Phillydude!!

With regards to the G325-A:

1) I sent all 4 pages and again filled out all 4 pages for the DCF. They may only need/accept 1 page, but take all 4.

2) You have to fill out and sign one set of forms, your husband has to fill out and sign the other set - courier it to him.

3) In your G325-A - YOU are the applicant - so it would be the information about YOUR parents, etc. Also, don't forget to take the 50X50 front facing photograph of yourself...

4) Ums, I think the marriage certificate should be enough for the name change - was there any gazette notification or anything that she did - proof of that will help too...

5) I did not mention my address in India for the 60 days I was there...

Has this happened to anybody?

OK I got a letter in the mail today from the NVC that my ORIGINAL Vermont application (which I withdrew) has been approved...

UGH!!!!

Has anyone else received this letter - do I have to call the NVC and withdraw the application again?

Has anyone had success contacting an operator at the NVC - I tried but they kicked me off due to the heavy volume of calls...

Craziness...

Ratrat

ratrat said:
OK I got a letter in the mail today from the NVC that my ORIGINAL Vermont application (which I withdrew) has been approved...

UGH!!!!

Has anyone else received this letter - do I have to call the NVC and withdraw the application again?

Has anyone had success contacting an operator at the NVC - I tried but they kicked me off due to the heavy volume of calls...

Craziness...

Ratrat
You and your husband should get DS 3032 within the next few weeks. There is an option that you can check so that NVC will discontinue your process. Just mail that in, don't have to waste time to call USCIS or NVC.

mpacnj said:
I am in India and my husband is in NJ.
He has to file my I-130 and I can't understand somethings about it.
Please help.

1. I understand that the G-325 A has to go with the I-130 at the time of application. Now how many G-325A forms have to be sent.
Is is two? One for me and one for my husband?
Would that mean, a total of 8 pages, 4 about me and 4 about my husband?

2. I think my husband would be the applicant and I would be the beneficiary. So where do I sign on the G-325A. Because it requires the applicant's signature everywhere!!

3. What all in the G-325A has to have information about me? It only wants the applicant's information everywhere!!!

4. What has to done about all this, and also tell me, if it must have my sign anywhere, the only option i have is, to download the forms here in India, sign them and send them. Is that right? Everybody help pls.

1. Its 4 copies per person. Even though all pages look similar, there are infact different. Look at the bottom of each page there is a number. 2. You need to sign your set of G-325A. 3. For your set of G-325A, you are the applicant. Therefore, all information should pertain to you. 4. Yes, they need your original signature.

ums said:
Rahul/phillyDude,

As you have done this maybe you can clarify few things.

1. My wife to be wants to use my family name after marriage. When she is filling G-325A, can she write my family name in the family name section and in section which says "All other names used", mention maiden name and name from previous marriage? Will our marriage certificate in India be enough to prove her name is changed to my family name or do i need any other documents?

2. When I (US citizen) am filling my G-325A, as i am going to be in India for over 60 days for filing DCF, in the section asking "Applicants address for past 5 years", do i need to mention my address in India in the first row ( from the day of my entry into India to Present) and then mention my address in USA?

How have you guys addressed these sections in the G-325A?

Regards,
ums
1. You actually have 2 question here :) However, answer is YES for both. 2. Yes.

phillydude said:
1. You actually have 2 question here :) However, answer is YES for both. 2. Yes.

PD,

Thanks! Looks like 2. can be yes or no. Ratrat did not write her address in India and seems it was fine. As i am going to be at 2 different addresses 30 days each, i wanted to aviod putting address in India. Don't want them to send any documents at any of the Indian address by mistake.

Hmm my husband still did not receive any interview letter and they haven't even updated the website yet - should I be worried?

Are they normally extremely prompt about posting the next months' dates on the 10th?

Ratrat

ratrat said:
Hmm my husband still did not receive any interview letter and they haven't even updated the website yet - should I be worried?

Are they normally extremely prompt about posting the next months' dates on the 10th?

Ratrat
If your husband has not yet received a letter yet, I'm afraid he might have missed the June schedule. Good luck!!

Expedited Passport

All those who applied for an expedited passport, tell me this pls............

They ask for a reason on the application form, for why we want to get the passport expedited.......what did you people write?

And did you give any supporting documents?