My DCF Experience

ratrat said:
Contents of packet 4:

1) Cover Letter and Appointment Letter (To be presented at the time of interview as proof of appointment)

2) Instructions on how to organize the documents. It notes that documents should be listed in the following order:

- Appointment letter
- DS 230 Part 1 and Part 2
- Marriage certificate and wedding photos
- Birth certificate of beneficiary
- I-864 from petitioner
- 1040/W-2 of petitioner from the last three filing years
- 2 photos of beneficiary
- Proof of relationship (wedding invitation, letters/emails, telephone bills)
- Police certificates
- Medical report

3) Fees to be paid - details on how much and who to get the DD's made out to.

4) Instructions on obtaining police clearance certificates and medical report.

5) Medical examination form.

Ratrat

Arent they supposed to send DS230 part 1 in packet 3?
Does this mean that they send that form back or are we to include a copy when going for the interview?

Dcf

Hello USers
Today is the day that my wife arrivied at Charlotte. I would like to Thank you all of you that help me out and still help each other by useing this form. This is wonderfull source to navigate for immigration.

It took us about completly 3 month to process our case. As you can see my Timeline bottom.
I would like to say Good luck to my firends who still waiting for their spouse pending cases.
IF you guys have any question or any concern please feel free to email me or leave a message. I will be check this form often so if i see any post i will definatly response your post.
Take care
Nd good luck

question for ratrat

do u think there is a diffrent procedure for filing DCF for parents then filing for spouse. i am USC currently waiting for 60 days tobe over in july 3 week then i am heading DELHI to file for my parents. also the processing time is faster for filing for paents then filing for spouse.

also in my passport my middle name of my father is shorter then in his passport actully what happen is during my naturlization interview they ask me if i wanted to shorten my middle name by cutting off KUMAR behind my fathers name and i said thats fine. now my passport was under without his long middle name and his passport still shows with KUMAR do u think at the embassy i would have any problem??

if anyone knows please answer?

sorry to post my question here but it seems like people read this thread more then others threads.

deepiceman said:
Arent they supposed to send DS230 part 1 in packet 3?
Does this mean that they send that form back or are we to include a copy when going for the interview?

Yes we sent back DS230 Part 1 back with Packet 3 but my husband is also taking another copy with him to the interview just in case...

They do not send your original DS230 Part 1 back to you...

Ratrat

SHRENIKISCOOL said:
do u think there is a diffrent procedure for filing DCF for parents then filing for spouse. i am USC currently waiting for 60 days tobe over in july 3 week then i am heading DELHI to file for my parents. also the processing time is faster for filing for paents then filing for spouse.

also in my passport my middle name of my father is shorter then in his passport actully what happen is during my naturlization interview they ask me if i wanted to shorten my middle name by cutting off KUMAR behind my fathers name and i said thats fine. now my passport was under without his long middle name and his passport still shows with KUMAR do u think at the embassy i would have any problem??

if anyone knows please answer?

sorry to post my question here but it seems like people read this thread more then others threads.

Hey

Did you see my other reply to you (in your other thread):

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=178498

You can contact INS.Ndi@dhs.gov with any questions you may have - they are quite helpful and respond pretty quickly...

I am not sure if the processing time is any faster for parents versus spouse...after all, the process is pretty much the same - in any case, the whole process currently only takes 2-3 months so it's not a bad wait time at all for anyone...

I don't think the passport names should be an issue - your birth certificate (if it has your dad's full middle name) should be presented as evidence of your original name...

Ratrat

keyun21 said:
Hello USers
Today is the day that my wife arrivied at Charlotte. I would like to Thank you all of you that help me out and still help each other by useing this form. This is wonderfull source to navigate for immigration.

It took us about completly 3 month to process our case. As you can see my Timeline bottom.
I would like to say Good luck to my firends who still waiting for their spouse pending cases.
IF you guys have any question or any concern please feel free to email me or leave a message. I will be check this form often so if i see any post i will definatly response your post.
Take care
Nd good luck

Congrats Keyun21!! Wonderful to here that your wife is here now...

Quick question - what kind of questions did the officer ask your wife at the interview? What documents did they ask her to show?

Thanks!

Ratrat

On June 17
she went to Bombay Embassy 7am. TOo many people in line.
After wait for hour, she able to get in to building at 8:30 and her appointment was at 9:15am. Security check was headech. She took our wedding album in the bag that we got it from our photographer. Officer told her to carry album her self and take the bag out of it. she did. Finally they are checking her bag. I mean she took her paper in Plastic bag so its not a big problem but if you carry paper in folder or some other form or bag they want let you take inside. So finaly she made at 9am. She wait for while and her name was announced. She went to window # 13 to submite her paper. Guy at the window, he was translater and told her to submit her paper and then he gave pink slip which is visa fee to paid at cashier counter. My wife ask him what about interview. He said first you go ahead and pay fee and then we will call you at Window # 9.
She paid her visa fee ( that means you got yr visa ). Wait another hour. Her name was announced on window 9. she went window 9 and there were two people one was american officer and another one was translater.

Here interview start. and the question is as follow:
= What is your housband Name?
= what kind of work does he do?
= when did you get married?
= where did you get married?
= Give me the name of marriage Hall(building)
= how many brother/sister does your husband have?
= What is your mother-in-law name and what she do for living? ( i submite joint sponser thats why they ask her)
= Do you have any childern?
= Are you going to USA by yourself or you are going with someone else or your husband will come here and pick you up?
= what is your goal or what is your future planning in US?
= What you do now?
= What kind of education do you have?
= When you are planning to leave India?( i dont know why they ask her )

And thats about it. They didnt ask some of the question like do you guys talk on phone or your honeymoon photo. or wedding album.
She took everything with her but they didnt ask any of those.

Also they return the picture that we submited at New Delhi embassy.

Now, she is in USA and i have one question for you guys.

Once she done her immigration at Newark,NJ the officer was on Duty stamped a addmission stamp. but i thought they also stamp greencard stamp which i thiink we call 551 or 155 not sure the number. bcz she also observe that all the immingrant arriaved that day had the same thing.
FYI she cam as IR1 visa.

IF anyone have any info please let me know I would be appriciated your kind help.