• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My daughter does not want to get immunised for visa

Bobsbees

Registered Users (C)
I need to arrange the medical for our DV visa. My 18 yo daughter however has never been vaccinated and does not plan to be vaccinated for the visa. Does anybody have any experience with getting a waiver for immunization?
Thanks
Bob

I need to arrange the medical for our DV visa. My 18 yo daughter however has never been vaccinated and does not plan to be vaccinated for the visa. Does anybody have any experience with getting a waiver for immunization?
Thanks
Bob

You asked this same question in December and were given good accurate advice. Given the time that has elapsed I would imagine you have not helped yourself with the additional time lost, since the waiver takes a long time to get.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?563389-Inoculation-requirements&highlight=vaccination

Thanks
Bob

This should help:

http://www.uscis.gov/news/questions-and-answers/vaccination-requirements

Q. Can I be forced to be vaccinated for immigration purposes?
A. If you refuse to receive the vaccines required for immigration purposes, as mandated by the immigration laws of the United States, your application for legal permanent resident status may be denied.

Q. What will happen if I refuse to receive one or all of the required vaccines?
A. Tell the civil surgeon if you do not wish to receive the required vaccines or a particular vaccine. You should also tell the civil surgeon the reason you do not wish to receive the vaccine(s). In this case, a waiver may be available to you, but only under the following circumstances:

You are opposed to vaccinations in any form– that is, you cannot obtain a waiver based on an objection only as to one vaccination
Your objection must be based on religious beliefs or moral convictions; and
The religious or moral beliefs must be sincere.
The form used to apply for a waiver depends on the adjustment category under which you are seeking legal permanent residence status. For example, refugees and asylees seeking adjustment of status should file Form I-602, Application by Refugee for Waiver of Grounds of Excludability. Individuals seeking adjustment of status as a result of an approved Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, or Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, would file Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility.

Also are you saying that your doughter has never been immunized at all? I mean polio, hepatitis, etc. ? There's some pretty ugly stuff still out there.

Thanks. Britsimon, I was asking for a 2nd opinion from anybody who had been in this situation.

It's rare, and it's rare because it's risky. I doubt many if any current posters here have done this. Didn't the previous thread point you to some previous experiences that had been posted before?

And all USCIS needs is an outbreak of something traced to an immigrant who received a waiver...

Bob I think it's going to come down to if your daughter wants to go to America or not, cause more than likely her application is going to be rejected as a result

As she has never been immunised at all does that mean you are not going to get the flu vaccine or hep injection either ?

Thanks. Britsimon, I was asking for a 2nd opinion from anybody who had been in this situation.

Here's my advice to you. If you are already in the US, it is risky. If you are outside the US, forget about it. Remember my friend, they don't owe you (or any of us) a green card.

Here's my advice to you. If you are already in the US, it is risky. If you are outside the US, forget about it. Remember my friend, they don't owe you (or any of us) a green card.

+1

You've got to be willing and ready to dance to the tune being dictated by the piper!