My Citizenship experience - Related to Alien file not received and infopass

AShak

I filed N400 for me and my wife, receipt date April 27th 2009.
- First interview for both of was scheduled for 30th June 2009, I rescheduled it due to our Vacation plans.
- We both got rescheduled for 26th August 2009, We went to LA office for an interview and my wife passed interview and became citizen in Sept 209
- I had to come back without interview, Immigration office told me that they have to received my alien file so and they will reschedule my interview as soon as they find my file.
- Interview rescheduled for 8th Dec 2009, I went to LA office and same story they have not received my alien file, I talked to immigration officer and told her my story, she asked me to wait while she investigate my case, she came back and told me that by mistake my file was sent to NY office and she will put a request to send that file to LA office overnight and someone will call me within 2 weeks.
- No Interview call from LA office, I called USCIS twice,when i called 2nd time i felt that Immigration officer was rude he told me that take an Infopass and goto LA office, that will be better, I think he gave me good advice.
- I got infopass appointment at 7:15 AM on 16th Feb 2010
- I went to LA office
Room # 1001- Officer looks at my records , went inside came back after 15 min and asked me to fill a green form and goto Room 6521
Room # 6521 - I explained my story to him , he asked me have a seat he will try to locale my file, i came back 15 min and told me that he found my file, and took me to room 6532 and told me that they might take my interview, 1 hrs wait then IO calls my name she gave me my green paper back and asked me to goto Room # 6525 because my file is there.
Room # 6525 - 30 Min Wait then Immigration office called me , I followed her to her office, she said I have your file and apologized that i have to wait so long and asked me if i am ready she will do my interview else reschedule it, I said i am ready for the interview, it was my 3rd visit to LA office.
6 simple question and done !!!!, I passed the interview, waiting for oath.

I hope this will help someone like me.

:)

Congratulations. You should contact USCIS ombudsman's office and let them know of the ridiculous service USCIS gave you.