My Chinese friend is stuck in China by US embassy

Cl_Asylee

Registered Users (C)
He works as a researcher in a university here in USA. He went for vacations and when he went to the US embassy in Beijing to renew his H1 visa he was told he has to go through a security check first. He has been waiting for more than a week and does not know when he will be giving the visa.

Any ideas or similar experiences? Will he get the visa?

One of my colleagues from China went for a vacation in Nov 2008 to China and applied for a H1B renewal. His H1B renewal took about 8 weeks to complete and our company was following up through the lawyer in the meantime. He finally got his renewal and was only able to come back to the US end of Jan 2009.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your comment msamina,

I just hope he can get his H1B visa renewed even if it takes 8 weeks. Is there any chances he will not giving the visa?

I doubt there will be any problems if all the things are in order. It just seems like the processing time is longer.

He works as a researcher in a university here in USA. He went for vacations and when he went to the US embassy in Beijing to renew his H1 visa he was told he has to go through a security check first. He has been waiting for more than a week and does not know when he will be giving the visa.

Any ideas or similar experiences? Will he get the visa?

Everyone in the research field are going through the same experience. My cousin and her husband went to India in Dec 2008 to get their H1B visa...it took 7 weeks for them to get their visa. 2 of their friend had a similar experience.