MY case shows up as TR even though it was filed as RIR

Any more updates on this? I talked to my lawyer last week about this issue and I am waiting for her reply. The conversion deadline is the coming Friday. Well, what a great way to kick off a new year!

I did not get any more updates. My attorney is trying to do the needful. I really dont know what the needful is. I think its a data entry thing as the first defense. But if we don't communicate, it will remain as a TR and probably won't be looked at until the end. They won't give back any months lost by their mistakes. If you have an attorney, communicate through them and stay on top of it. The attorney should have knowledge to do the needful. I was reading another forum where somebody contacted their senator in Indiana and got this rectified ofcourse with the attorney providing some proof and sending to a contact person provided by the senators office. Don't ask me details as I don't have any.

As usual, I am not an attorney, so don't consider anything I said that will be legally correct. But sitting without doing anything will not correct anything by itself. If you can get an email id, send your case details and respectfully point out the discrepancy and request for correcting the data. For email ids, do a google search for @dal.dflc.us and you should be able to get an email id that be appropriate to send an email? Good luck and please keep posting experiences and yes keep checking online too if the status is getting corrected.

i need help

hi everyone...first i have to be sorry because i speak a little english im a turkish, im still waiting my green card almost 6 years i live ny.... last month i saw this website when i was looking about eta number..finally i find a clue i check my status and search result Processing Type RIR status IN PROCESS... i wonder you guys have a any idea when im geting my green card , am i needed to wait so long for that?:( i cant wait any much longer i missed my family i didnt see my family and my counrty in 9 years .. i think thats enough if i cant get my green card this year i will go back to my country.. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the same boat as you guy.. I talked to Lawyer last week,they said they gonna write letter to DOL regarding this error.. I hope it is just an error .. :(

My lawyer contacted the DBEC number listed in the web site. They wanted her to fax some evidence that proves that the case was filed as RIR. My lawyer has faxed the required evidence. So we are waiting for the response from BEC. Hopefully the online system will change from TR to RIR

Yes, I see some attorneys saying that you should use these two email addresses if you see mistakes like this.

sunn1000 said:
Looks like a lot of people are in my situation. There is only one generic email ID for the PBEC (info@phi.dflc.us) or DBEC (info@dal.dflc.us). Maybe we can try that. If they automatically converted our RIR petition to TR petition, aren't they supposed to send a NOF? Keeping my fingers crossed and hope that it is a typo in their database.

mnie the same case here.
i applied as RIR on aug. 2001.
since last week it says TR.
i checked with my lawyer and he decided not to do conversion.
he had similar case and got a call from dol stating that case was their error to change to process type.
my lawyer thinks mine could be same issue so he sent a letter stating to look at my case regarding process type error.
but havn't heard anything from them yet.

that's all.

whenwilliget said:
I'm back after 4-5 months :)

Same status here. I have a June2002,CA-EB3 RiR. Got an official communication in July06 that my application is denied & hereon it will be on TR. Stopped checking any forum/status sites.

Today, I got curious & checked all the sites that I know of. Nothing changed :) Same status. IN PROCESS as TR.
I am in the same boat as you. I have a Dec2002,DC-EB3 RIR. Got an official communication in June06 that my application is denied & hereon it will be on TR.
My lawyer sent the convert to RIR request on Jan. 19, 2007. No reply yet.
I am not sure whether the convertion applys to cases like us who originally filed as RIR.
Don't know when they will reply, the April 1 deadline is not far away.
Very frustrated......

01/24/2007: DOL Procedure to Correct Type of BEC Cases on Status Report Site

* The Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC) announces a procedure for employers or their authorized representatives to follow if they believe the case type as reflected on the Public Disclosure System (PDS) is incorrect (e.g., if it is listed as TR but they believe it should be RIR, or vice versa). In such an event, e-mail the general information e-mail box at the appropriate Backlog Elimination Center (BEC). The subject line of the e-mail must read "Incorrect Case Type - Case # [insert case number]." The body of the e-mail should explain why the employer believes the case type is incorrect. Any supporting documentation may be attached as a pdf. The BECs will review the case and reply as soon as possible based on the volume of requests. For the details, please visit OFLC site.

TR to RIR Conversion

Labor filed in TR in Mar' 2003. Sent the documents for conversion to RIR on Jan 17th 2007. Status changed online to RIR in process on Jan 19, 2007. Today the status changed to CERTIFIED. Good luck guys.

My case has been changed to RIR this morning as well. I'm crossing my finger hope it will get certified soon.

Vicky_m said:
mine changed back to RIR too. Still awaiting though.
wondering if you sent the RIR conversion or just sent an email due to dol mistake.
as my lawyer sent an email last january 21st regarding dol mistake but still in TR process type so wondering to know would be great.

thanks

coolz said:
wondering if you sent the RIR conversion or just sent an email due to dol mistake.
as my lawyer sent an email last january 21st regarding dol mistake but still in TR process type so wondering to know would be great.

thanks
My paralegal sent an email on feb 6th at noon to correct the mistake (it showed rir instead of tr). It was corrected by the next morning.

Online status shows certified

Just checked the web site and my case shows that its certifed. I'll be waiting for the letter from DOL. Thanks everyone on this board.

My case shows RIR after almost 2 weeks after my lawyer sent the e-mail to DOL. Waiting for certification !

Type changed back to RIR

I checked the status of my case this afternoon and the processing type has changed to RIR. Still InProcess.

My case is still showing as TR

My lawyer sent the email to info@phi.dflc.us on 1/23/07 regarding the incorrect case type: listed as TR but should be RIR. It is almost two months. There is no change yet :mad: . The lawyer told me to wait and refused to take further actions. Is PBEC really working on this issue? Does anybody is waiting like me endlessly? Your info is greatly appreciated.

MD: RIR but listed as TR
PD: 10/2002
Case#: P-05143-xxxxx
45day letter: 10/2005

My lawyer sent the email to info@phi.dflc.us on 1/23/07 regarding the incorrect case type: listed as TR but should be RIR. It is almost two months. There is no change yet :mad: . The lawyer told me to wait and refused to take further actions. Is PBEC really working on this issue? Does anybody is waiting like me endlessly? Your info is greatly appreciated.

MD: RIR but listed as TR
PD: 10/2002
Case#: P-05143-xxxxx
45day letter: 10/2005

Same here. My lawyer sent two letters. (5 weeks ago and 3 weeks ago.) Nothing is happening.

RIR but listed as TR

Same with my case too. It has been 2 months since we sent the ammendment request to change my case from TR to RIR as it was originally filed as RIR. No reply yet.

VA: RIR but listed as TR
PD: 4/2004
Case#: P-05171-xxxxx