MY case shows up as TR even though it was filed as RIR

sunn1000

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

Happy New Year!

My attorney filed the LC case in July2002 from NY as RIR after doing recruitment. It has been pending in PBEC (P-05125-XXXXX). The case type was showing up as "RIR" even in the H1B7yr email request in May 2006.

But, when I checked my case status at the DOL website today, it shows up as "TR" even though it was filed as "RIR". Does anyone know whom I should contact to fix this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :confused:

Same Issue

Hello,
I am in the same boat as well. I talked to my lawyer and he sent a fax and email to the Phily backlog center. Not sure what else to do. This whole thing sucks. The irony is the the company applied for LC for me and one more colleague at the same time, same paperwork, same job, same acad credentials from same US Univ.

His labor got approved a few months back as RIR.

I am still in this state. Bad Kismet I tell you.

Hope something pans out.

LR :(

Same here

I've already posted in the other thread, the same thing happened to me.
And it seems lots of folks are affected.
So don't despair just yet.

sotiredofwaiting said:
I've already posted in the other thread, the same thing happened to me.

I got a response from the 7yr extension maibox, everything seems to be fine, they show my case as RIR, so only their web system is screwed up.

Don't give up the hope.

Please please help

I have applied for labor certification and was accepted for processing on March 11, 2004. The application was RIR and the job requirements were either (1) bachelor plus 4 years experience in a relevant filed, or (2) master plus 2 years (master preferred). My employer received receipt notification and continuation option letters on May 17, 2006 and responded back immediately. My first question is how would I know if my application qualifies for an EB2 or EB3 category. My second question is when I check my case status with the DOL online “Backlog Public Disclosure System”, I get a case status “IN PROCESS” and processing type “TR-Traditional Recruitment” although it was “RIR-Reduction in Recruitment”. Do I need to contact them?

Many thanks guys/gals (a quick response would help me be able to sleep)

I am in the same situation

filed as RIR. now the online system show TR. what to do now? please provide guidance.

I have a feeling that there is an error

Vicky_m said:
filed as RIR. now the online system show TR. what to do now? please provide guidance.

Or, I am trying to convince my self. Assuming that they have changed the case from RIR to TR (although they have not notified my employer of RIR denial). Does this mean that my employer need to recruit for the job? I work for a state agency and I know it would be almost imossible to convince them to do that.

Fingures crossed. Please God... :confused:

mine too, I filed as an RIR, it shows TR, and the case status doc that they send me also shows TR which I did not notice. I will have to let my attorney know as ASAP, contact your attorneys ASAP and see what can be done. Do post any progress back in this thread.

No attorney

seahawks said:
mine too, I filed as an RIR, it shows TR, and the case status doc that they send me also shows TR which I did not notice. I will have to let my attorney know as ASAP, contact your attorneys ASAP and see what can be done. Do post any progress back in this thread.

Dear seahawks,

I did not receive a case-status letter, but rather a receipt notice and the continuation option letter. As I mentioned in my last post, I work for a state agency, which means I get paid next to nothing. Wife is on H-4 and cannot work. Have two kids (one with disability). I could not afford an attorney. I prepared all the paperwork and my boss signed. Have two masters (GPA = 4.0) and halfway to a PhD. Employer takes advantage of the situation and I literally give work in quality and quantity equivalent to 4 FTEs. Is there a number to have my employer call and investigate?

Thanks for the follow-up and god bless.

I am not an attorney, so whatever I say is not legal advice in any kind. If you had filed Labor in the RIR category, you should probably talk to your employer to see if they received any communication related to prevailing wage or anything of that sort. Otherwise, there is an email address in this link depending on which center did your case go to.

http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/pdf/backlog_faqs_12-22-06.pdf

I don't know if your employer need to send an email to the address provided to convert to RIR or send an email explaining the situation since you have not heard anything.

Email Rajiv Khanna or Murthy and see if they have any opinions, post your experience. Remember there is a January 20th deadline for converting from TR to RIR, I really dont know how that will apply to people like us, who filed for RIR, they never told us anything, but in their system shows as TR. It could be a data entry error, or they must have decided to change it to TR without letting us know, either way you cannot keep quiet. Let the backlog center know! I will post whatever my attorney is doing here, once the get back to me today.

Looks like a lot of people are in my situation. There is only one generic email ID for the PBEC (info@phi.dflc.us) or DBEC (info@dal.dflc.us). Maybe we can try that. If they automatically converted our RIR petition to TR petition, aren't they supposed to send a NOF? Keeping my fingers crossed and hope that it is a typo in their database.

As of Jan 12th RIR shows as TR

This is horrible! My lawyer hasn't recd any notification about this change. She has sent them an email asking for clarification. If my case is really converted to TR, what does this mean for me? Also, does the January 20th deadline for converting from TR to RIR apply to my situation.

------------------------------------------
PD : Mar 25, 2005
Case Type - RIR
45 day letter recd : May 2006
45 day letter replied : May 2006

sunn1000 said:
Looks like a lot of people are in my situation. There is only one generic email ID for the PBEC (info@phi.dflc.us) or DBEC (info@dal.dflc.us). Maybe we can try that. If they automatically converted our RIR petition to TR petition, aren't they supposed to send a NOF? Keeping my fingers crossed and hope that it is a typo in their database.
I am in a similar situation, but weirdly different:
Original case was filed as RIR in Dec 2004, case closed in error by DOL claiming they did not receive 45-day letter but subsequently reopened, and the screen shot of the reopening notice showed the case still as RIR in Jul 2006.
Then again accidentally closed when DOL had that screwup assuming I had filed perm (I had not), but reopened in Nov 2006. Online status shows RIR and Data Review.
So, I'm thinking finally everything is fine.

BUT today my lawyer tells me has has to convert to RIR. I was shocked! So they must have somehow converted it to TR and I had no idea! Dont know how my lawyer found out, he tells me basically nothing. Online status still showing as RIR. Am I going crazy, or is my lawyer?

Please post any news that sheds light on this

Just got a reply from my lawyer. There was a mistake in the application and so, the RIR was denied and got converted to TR. So, please check with your attorney and/or contact the BEC to see if it was intentionally changed to TR like mine was done. I will post progress in this link. Good luck everyone.

Same status here too

I'm back after 4-5 months :)

Same status here. I have a June2002,CA-EB3 RiR. Got an official communication in July06 that my application is denied & hereon it will be on TR. Stopped checking any forum/status sites.

Today, I got curious & checked all the sites that I know of. Nothing changed :) Same status. IN PROCESS as TR.

forgot one thing

oops .. forgot one thing ..

Wanted to try the luck of being silent (usually silent readers get their case certified. :D ) .. didnt worked for me :(

In the same boat..

Mine was filed RIR. The status shows TR. Hoping that this is just a reporting error in the web tool.

TR even filed as RIR

Same thing happened to me, I was filed as RIR type and right now online show TR, the lawyer did not receive any notice. I talked to him, he suggest I should wait not convert to RIR since we did not receive the notice, the deadline is there, what should we do?

PD:02/07/2002
State: MD
Type: RIR