My case has been approved

classy

Registered Users (C)
After my wife's RFE was received last week, today both my wife and I got approved. Thanks everybody in this great forum.

Eb1; I140/I485 RD Sep 2003; I140 AD Jan 2004; 485 AD: 3/21/05. RFE for wife (bona fide marriage); RFE Rec'd 3/15/05.

congrats Calssy !!
Did you get your approval in mail (USPS) or via e-mail. Also how many times did the LUD change for you.

Thank you. I got the notice via email. 3 times for me and 4 times for my wife. My wife's LUD changed 3 times, including the one on receiving the RFE. It stopped one day (Friday) and then changed to final approval.

gcme said:
classy,

Does your wife has the same RD (Sep 2003) as you?

Gcme, no my wife's RD is very late. I added her late last year when she joined me. The process time is not affected by dependent's RD.

classy,

Did you send any special letter to USCIS to attach your wife's case to yours? I am just curious because I added my spouse case (my ND: April 2003) in late Dec 2003, for some reasons my case got approved but my spouse's case is still pending.

Just try to find out if I did something wrong :(

Thanks for your inputs.

gcme,

I did it thru attorney. But for sure the two cases are linked together. Otherwise you don't even have a reason to file I-485 for your wife. Ask your attorney to send an inquiry, or file an AP/EAD.

GCME,

Don't even try to explain INS actions.They usualy don't make sence
We have filed together with my wife.We were married way before the green card process started.I got my I-485 aproved on Feb,28 2005 and her's still pending.(I-485 ND dec 5,2002 both )
I asked the IO about my wife's case when I went to stamp my passport.
She said that every case is diferent..blah...blah.

Just hang in there and try to keep your mind of this assholes.
We are all dealing with underpaid,overworked,lazy goverment employees and we can't do anything about it!

Ironically, today I received email from FBI about my name check inquiry sent 4 months ago. They said my name check was complete in Oct 2003, couple weeks after I filed 485.

classy said:
Ironically, today I received email from FBI about my name check inquiry sent 4 months ago. They said my name check was complete in Oct 2003, couple weeks after I filed 485.
How do you send an enquiry to FBI...what is the email address and any format for the email you suggest?
also, is it necessary to do this....? how is this connected to fingerprinting? if everything goes properly when do they do the name check?

name check and FP are separated process. for my case name check was done 2 weeks after I submitted 485. I don't think it is necessary to check this status by yourself. However if you want to wait, you can try to send email. There are a lot of posts about it (email address, letter format etc) on this site.