My Attorney told me I had been denied......

Wolfang

Registered Users (C)
she sent me a letter stating that even thou my I130 was approved in April my I485 and my EAD weren't because they dont have my medical.She is advising me to re-apply:confused: online status was changed when I 130 was approved will they change the online status for I 485 and 765 as well??? thanks in advance for any feedback..:eek:

I130 rec date 9/21/06 msc
I485 rec date 9/21/06 msc
EAD rec date 9/21/06 msc
rfe "only medical" according to my attorney mailed out in nov/06

You should ask for your money back, if you paid your attorney.

Your Attorney should have known to include the Medical.

she sent me a letter stating that even thou my I130 was approved in April my I485 and my EAD weren't because they dont have my medical.She is advising me to re-apply:confused: online status was changed when I 130 was approved will they change the online status for I 485 and 765 as well??? thanks in advance for any feedback..:eek:

I130 rec date 9/21/06 msc
I485 rec date 9/21/06 msc
EAD rec date 9/21/06 msc
rfe "only medical" according to my attorney mailed out in nov/06

I think your attorney throwing an excuse because he never filed the application. I don’t think CIS would rejects cases just because you didn’t include the medicals, they rather send you a letter to mail the medicals

Did you mail the medicals in response to RFE? Did you get a proof of USCIS getting it? did you get any notice?

Fire your attorney (if she didn't) and try to get your money back. In any case, it may be cheaper to file a motion to reopen (get a different attorney, if you don't do it yourself).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think your attorney throwing an excuse because he never filed the application. I don’t think CIS would rejects cases just because you didn’t include the medicals, they rather send you a letter to mail the medicals

they DID send him a letter - that's the RFE in November. And USCIS does deny cases if you don't respond to RFE.

yeah you are right. I didn't see the RFE part on the medicals in the signature. Well I guess if you don't reply within the time frame they would deny. Like Lucy said your best bet is to file a motion to reopen the case

Good luck

yeah you are right. I didn't see the RFE part on the medicals in the signature. Well I guess if you don't reply within the time frame they would deny. Like Lucy said your best bet is to file a motion to reopen the case

Good luck

What a wanker lawyer just saying BS. USCIS would always RFE (request for evidence) if anything is missing. Dont let your lawyer get away with this. Ask for proof that states that your applications were rejected based on the fact that medical was missing.

Yes he/she should re-apply for you and dont pay a penny!!!!

Let's start being more careful, according to new USCIS policy cases can be denied instead of having an RFE issued at the IO's discretion if there is sufficient missing initial evidence with the original submission. This went into effect a couple of weeks ago.

But in the OP's case definitely an RFE was issued and the lawyer should have acted on it.

Let's start being more careful, according to new USCIS policy cases can be denied instead of having an RFE issued at the IO's discretion if there is sufficient missing initial evidence with the original submission. This went into effect a couple of weeks ago.

But in the OP's case definitely an RFE was issued and the lawyer should have acted on it.

Whats the point going to a lawyer then. He/she should make sure nothing is missing!!!!

my atty is a thieve...at least I think so

after rd she told me that the rfe was the medical so I did the medical and then she told me that there is not receipt # or anything, since it is consider part of the I485 and/or I765 and that it is taken care of., I dont believe her, she either never sent it or the denial is for something other than medical or they have not yet denied it or approved it and she is trying to get more money from me since i already paid her :(

she told me that there is not receipt # or anything, since it is consider part of the I485
of course, there is a receipt number, you are supposed to mail it in with something. You could attach a copy of your notice of receipt for I-485. She probably never sent it.

That's why it's better to do everything yourself.

if there is a deportation order - yes, you have a big problem. File a motion to reopen fast!

my I130 was approved therefor I dont think I am under deportation proceeding please correct me if I'm wrong

Just make an infopass appointment. Then go back to your lawyer and tell everything if she was lying to you.