My 485 got approved yesterday

Jaideep congratulations...

Keep up your faith and lift others up who are down. It was nice to see your post about volunteering and helping others. America and the world needs more of that.

Reply to CapeTownSomeDay:

Try it out. There is no harm trying as we have already tried so many things by calling IIO, begging to IIO, writing to senators, congressmen. I have been chanting for last 8 years and practising with SGI in India and now in USA for last 8.2 years.

It is "Nam Myo Ho Renge Kyo". For details on how to chant: you can either email me or call me at 972/333-7092 after evening. Details can be found at this link also:

http://www.sgi-usa.org/buddhism/bofnd.html#chanting
http://www.hindustantimes.com/2003/Jan/06/674_132619,00310001.htm

Hello Everybody

Wanted to share that I got mine and my wife's approval notice last saturday. We will go for stamping on thursday in Dallas. Good Luck to all of you.

Jai

kcdj

Hello Everybody

Wanted to share that I got mine and my wife's approval notice last saturday. We will go for stamping on thursday in Dallas. Good Luck to all of you.

Jai

kcdj

MORE DETAILS PLEASE, PD/RD/FP ETC..Whether you are EB3/FB??..

Hello Everybody

Wanted to share that I got mine and my wife's approval notice last saturday. We will go for stamping on thursday in Dallas. Good Luck to all of you. Details are on first post of this post. kcdj is another id I had created before but never used before and my cookies were enabled, so it did not ask me again to sign on.

Jaideep

Clarification needed

Is getting stamp included an interview with an INS/BCIS officer?
Is getting stamp means you are having an interview?

Is case approved before an interview?

I am so confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
eja:

Is getting stamp included an interview with an INS/BCIS officer? Ans: The courtesy letter does not say it is an interview.

Is getting stamp means you are having an interview?
Ans: The courtesy letter does not say it is an interview.

Is case approved before an interview?
Ans: Yes. I got approval letter on saturday for my I-485

Jaideep, thanks for the answer.

I guess sometimes people call the stamping process as an "interview".

when you're asked to come in for an interview, that's not an approval. an approval letter and subsequent stamping states clearly that the petion has been approved and you need to come in so that your passport can be stamped.

whereas in an interview letter, no such promises are being made that your case will be approved. basically, all the wait culminates into that 15 - 20 minutes interview where you'll either be approved or rejected.

Wanted to share with my immigrant-karma brothers that my passport got stamped today and my wife's too. If you are in dallas, please go at 3 AM. I went at 4:30 AM today and there were 76 people in front of me. It was very straight forward and easy. Officer looked very surprised looking at my approval notice and he asked me when did I get that? I told him May 24th. We got out from there at 9:00 AM.

Keep the faith - Jaideep