Mutiple I-485 Filling thru spouse

potlavs

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,

My husband has applied I-485 for both of us under Eb2 Category in Month of June 2007.I 'am also on my H1-B and my Employer file for I-40 in EB3 Category,now since Eb3 is cuirrent for month of July my employer is planning apply I-485 for me too.We got our EAD cards thru my husband filling and our AP was also approved.Now can i apply I-485 thru my employer with my Husband as my dependdant will it cause any problem to our I-485 applied thru my husband emplyer .Please advise.

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks
potlavs

Hi ,

My husband has applied I-485 for both of us under Eb2 Category in Month of June 2007.I 'am also on my H1-B and my Employer file for I-40 in EB3 Category,now since Eb3 is cuirrent for month of July my employer is planning apply I-485 for me too.We got our EAD cards thru my husband filling and our AP was also approved.

Now can i apply I-485 thru my employer with my Husband as my dependdant
-------------------YES
will it cause any problem to our I-485 applied thru my husband
-----------Second I-485 filing is not going to cause any problem to pending I-485
emplyer .Please advise.

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks
potlavs
******on your second I-485 form you need to write your A# that is on your I-485 filing reciept and your Husband also need to write his A# on his I-485 form and his A# is on his I-485 filing reciept.

Thanks Ginnu for your quick and prompt reply ..How ever my lawyer told me that it not required for us to apply for the AP and EAD with my I-485 is thta true. Please advise

Almost same boat

1. My friend is having approved EA1B (Outstanding Professor & Researcher) I-140 and concurrently filed pending I-485.

He is also having pending EA1A and NIW I-140s.

Is he permitted to interlink multiple I-140s with single I-485 or he need to file additional I-485 for NIW or EA1A?

If he tries to inter link, is it practical? Some attorney say do not file multiple I-485 but some say interlinking is normally not successful.

2. He may have to change his job in future even before getting his green card.

If he need to make use of AC21, he should try for getting same or similar position. It may be hard to find same title job, but plenty of similar jobs are available but title and salary may be different (less).

He has already passed 180 days after approval of his I-140 and pending I-485. Does his employer has any authority to revoke his approved I-140? If so, does his pending EA1A and NIW I-140s can save his I-485 from rejection if it remains interlinked with multiple I-140s?

3. How long he can remain unemployed without becoming out of status or hurting in any other way if his I-140 is revoked or otherwise.

Appreciate your input.

******on your second I-485 form you need to write your A# that is on your I-485 filing reciept and your Husband also need to write his A# on his I-485 form and his A# is on his I-485 filing reciept.

I already had my I-140 pending and my Employer filed my and my wife's(as dependant) 485 on Aug 7th whereas my wife's employer filed concurrently 140 & 485 for her and me(as dependant) on Aug 8th.

None of the 485 forms on either side mentioned each other's info. So once we get all the receipts (two from my employer) and two from my wife employer, what to do next ?

My wife's lawyer said we can combine both applications any time, is it true?
how can we do that ?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Ginnu for your quick and prompt reply ..How ever my lawyer told me that it not required for us to apply for the AP and EAD with my I-485 is thta true. Please advise

dont apply a second EAD, it will be rejected (was rejected for someone in this forum). Second I-485 seems to be ok. In the best case USCIS will simply deny/cancel the second petition once the first one is approved, in the worst case they'll ask you to pick one and withdraw the other somewhere along the way.