mutiple employers while on h1b

anildel

Registered Users (C)
One of my collegues who is in 6th year of his h1b and still stuck in labor backlog reduction center has decided to work for two employers. Both employers will have h1b and he will be working monday - thursday for one and friday with extended hours for another.

As fas as I know h1b employee can hold more than 1 h1b sponsorships but can work only for 1 employer at any point of time.

Can someone confirm if the rules allow woking for multiple employers.

Thanks

He can work for more than one employer provided he must hold "concurrent" H1 from the employers wherever he is going to work.

Company A - principle H1, For comp B - get concurrent H1 from B, Comp C- Get concurrent H1 from c.

anildel said:
One of my collegues who is in 6th year of his h1b and still stuck in labor backlog reduction center has decided to work for two employers. Both employers will have h1b and he will be working monday - thursday for one and friday with extended hours for another.

As fas as I know h1b employee can hold more than 1 h1b sponsorships but can work only for 1 employer at any point of time.

Can someone confirm if the rules allow woking for multiple employers.

Thanks

Rajeev Seth said:
But I think the max total hours you can work is 40 per week.

Thats not true. For H1, you must work on average of 40 hours per week (leeway for holidays, sick days, etc)

FOR MULTIPLE CONCURRENT H1 HOLDER MUST WORK = 0R > 40 HOURS.

THERE IS NO MAXIMUM HOUR LIMIT PER WEEK FOR CONCURRENT OR ANY H1

Rajeev Seth said:
But I think the max total hours you can work is 40 per week.