MUST READ: Strange EAD issue ?

peace0901

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
Our case was transfered from VSC to Local office in Minnesota.
We had our interview.
One of our Finger prints came out as 'unclassified' and the immigration officer said >> we have to get police clearance certificates from all the cities we lived since arriving in US (8 years back).
The INS officer told that he would issue a temporary green cards (mail to us) as soon as he recieves the police certificates. (Is this strange? ....temporary GC!!! never heard ????)

Our current EADs expire early December and we ran into problems previously (check my higly visited post in November, 2003). We dont want to make the same mistake again and would like to apply for an EAD .....

Problem #1: since the case is tranfered to MN from Vermont (VSC) where do we file our EAD application ?

Problem#2: From what I understand EAD applications are filed ONLY at Service Centers.....BUT my file at present is not at any service center, but is at a Local BCIS office. Can I send my EAD application to local office ???

We seem to be in a NO MAN's LAND right now.
Anyone faced same situation before? please suggest what to do ?

ALSO, is e-filing faster or paper filing faster for EAD application.
For obvious reasons I am leaning towards filing a paper application......
thnx a lot

I am going to share my interview experiences soon.....

peace0901 said:
Folks,
Our case was transfered from VSC to Local office in Minnesota.
We had our interview.
One of our Finger prints came out as 'unclassified' and the immigration officer said >> we have to get police clearance certificates from all the cities we lived since arriving in US (8 years back).
The INS officer told that he would issue a temporary green cards (mail to us) as soon as he recieves the police certificates. (Is this strange? ....temporary GC!!! never heard ????)

Our current EADs expire early December and we ran into problems previously (check my higly visited post in November, 2003). We dont want to make the same mistake again and would like to apply for an EAD .....

Problem #1: since the case is tranfered to MN from Vermont (VSC) where do we file our EAD application ?
----- as your file is with MN you need to file EAD with MN
Problem#2: From what I understand EAD applications are filed ONLY at Service Centers.....BUT my file at present is not at any service center, but is at a Local BCIS office. Can I send my EAD application to local office ???
---yes
We seem to be in a NO MAN's LAND right now.
Anyone faced same situation before? please suggest what to do ?

ALSO, is e-filing faster or paper filing faster for EAD application.
---- paper filing is better, you can visit local office and file EAD or send papers for EAd by mail.
For obvious reasons I am leaning towards filing a paper application......
thnx a lot

I am going to share my interview experiences soon.....

Good Luck!!