Murthy Rumours

TheRealCanadian

Volunteer Moderator
Sheela Murthy is my attorney, and I have sent an inquiry to her office regarding the rumours that are coming out, if she could confirm them. The chat transcript from 7/7 is still not posted on her site, so I cannot independently verify the claims.

I don't want to get too optimistic, since the INA requires that all EB immigrants have a job offer when the I-485 is approved. I don't know how far BCIS can get around the statutory requirements - and trust me, you don't want them to set a precedent, since they will then be able to ignore the law when it hurts you.

Efran Hernandez is one of the BCIS head office folks setting policy in the area of EB immigration. He has always had a reasonable (and slightly liberal) view of interpreting the law, so we'll see what comes out on 7/11.

I will keep you informed when I haar back.

TheRealCanadian,

I was waiting for your response as I was sure that it was going to be the most reasonable one.

To be honest with you ...the new regulation sounds absurd ......this indirectly translates to this ..

No matter how long one has been on beach ....no matter what one is doing ...as long as the I-140 is cleared, one will get approved ....this is impossible ...

Also ...the delay in processing cases is occuring not because the process takes time as once all the req. docs are in place ...a typical case would take not more than an hour to adjucate.

The backlogs are so big that just to touch a person's case .. a year goes by ...

To solve this problem ...they will have to hire more people and "more" here may mean doubling the current staff at the least ...which I am not sure will happen ...

Maxx.

Murthy told this in her weekly chat yesterday. I think it is related to revoking I-140 not about the automatic approval or reduction of time of I-485. All the AC-21 rules are going to be the same. Only thing employer will not be able to revokes I-140 after 180 days of I-485. Other things are going to be the same. That’s is my understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by jay_gc2001
What kind of rumors you are talking about? will you pl. clearify it?

The "wait 180 days, and your GC will be automagically approved" stuff we're hearing this week. From my experience, there may be a grain of truth at the bottom of this, but I don't think anyone should get excited until we see this memorandum from BCIS.

I'm an August 2001 filer who still isn't approved, so I hope I will be significantly aided by this memorandum. However, I've seen enough stuff go down in US immigration law since 1997 to know that you should never get your hopes up too far.

Of course, I don't want to completely put the kibosh on this, as was my first instinct. I think back in 1999 when the EB priority dates for India/China went to current for six months I called it a hoax, and ended up with egg on my face. Strange and good things may happen, but let's all be cautious and reasonable.

Originally posted by tammy2
Murthy told this in her weekly chat yesterday. I think it is related to revoking I-140 not about the automatic approval or reduction of time of I-485. All the AC-21 rules are going to be the same. Only thing employer will not be able to revokes I-140 after 180 days of I-485. Other things are going to be the same. That’s is understanding.

That would seem to make the most sense.

Interesting

... just saw the Murthy Chat transcript.

http://www.murthy.com/chat0707.html

If what Sheela said is what she meant, this may be a LOT broader than what tammy2 is claiming. The question in my mind is, "If this just related to I-140 revocation, why does that topic never appear in the question or the answer?"

Let's see what Murthy's office tells me.

:confused:

Nothing more to explained after reading the chat script, only thing we all can do is wait for July 11 for the memo to be issued.

To educate(or to get attention of )everyone about his new memo, there are various threads for the same issue.