Mumbai January P4 Discussion thread!

ud

does your Pkt 4 talk about the PCC ?
also , do we know if the Pkt 3 of previous CP ers . Nov / Dec
had any mention of this ? Maybe this refrence has always been there .. ?

Also , the CGNY says they will issue the PCC in 1 day .. i went there last week . My passport was issued in NY.

wantAgc

You said you dropped off your application last week. Did you receive your PCC yet?
I haven\'t yet received the P4. I thought, if its not too much of a hassle, I\'ll keep the PCC ready- buy- its never easy... Let\'s see..

ud

No i dropped it off for my wife at CGNY .
I was waiting to renew( make a new one ) in NY.
That way I ll get it in 1 day.

I got my new passport last week.

When I go to get my wifes PCC ( she said call after 30 days ), i ll get mine done the same day as well.

cud somebody post email confirmation from Mumbai consulate

Hi
Whoever got the confirmation from Mumbai consulate that "PCC from Indian consulate in US is enough for people staying in US for the last two years", could you plz post it in the newsgroups?
thanks

Jan 2002 interview dates out for Mumbai. I got appointment

My details:
AP2001
EB3
AC140 Packet reached on Nov 13, 2001
Interview date: Jan 18, 2002

Question about PCC for my Wife:
My wife is in India from last 2 months. As PCC stuff started after she left for India, I can\'t get PCC for her from SF Indian Consulate. Now Here is the problem:
Her passport issued from Delhi office, at that time we were in Delhi. Now she is in Bihar(my permanent residence). Her passort address show New Delhi\'s address. Now what to do? Does she need address updated on passport and get PCC from Patna Passport office? or She has to take PCC from Delhi passport office? Pls help...
AP2001

Where is the local police station

Is the local police station the one where my permanent address is or is it where I currently live? I\'ve not lived at my permanent address for over 7 years now. Please advise.

No Title

Mumbai consulate promised me date in first week of Jan after confirming twice so I purchased tickets. Now I learnt that my int date is Jan 22. I want to get my tickets changed and my agent said it will cost me $275 per person to change the date or $300 per person to cancel it altogether.
Is he ripping me off? Please advise. What should it cost?
Thanks
MJ1

Mj1 Here is the info

IluvGC "Travel agent rip off, How much to change date on tickets?" 12/17/01 7:07pm

IluvGC

My Details
Cat : EB2
PD : 02/01
P4 : Not Received
Med Dt : 01/28/2002
PCC : Applied at Chicago
POE : Chicago

Rest of the inf. is same as it appears.

Thanks,
Ashish

PCC communication from Mumbai consulate

I recd this email from Mumbai consulate. This may mean we only need PCC from Indian consulate here.
----

Indian Consulate in US.

MUMBAI, IV

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 11:53 PM
To: mumbaiiv@state.gov
Subject: Clarification on Police Clearance Certificate

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have an interview in the third week of January and would like to know the requirements for Police Clearance Certificate.
Do you need Police Clearance from:
a) Indian consulate in the US (since I live and work in the US)
b) Local Police authority in India
Do you need EITHER of the two or BOTH?
Since there is no clear communicator from your office, it is extremely
confusing as to what the requirements are.
Please advise.
Sincerely
MJ1

Also read

MJ1 "Changes in Mumbai Consulate" 12/18/01 8:41am

Now they will send visas by courier. This sucks man!!
MJ1

Can my friend collect P4 from Mumbai consulate?

What he need to do to collect my P4 from consulate?

MJ1

How many days after the interview are you staying in Mumbai? I ask the question because I read somewhere on this forum that from January, Mumbai consulate will not be giving us our IV approval papers on the same day. They will instead be mailing it to us at our local address (by courier). So, how many days minimum should we stay in Mumbai after the interview? My interview on Jan 23rd and I need to buy tickets soon (I can\'t take too many days off as I will have to go on a business trip in early feb).

Can we give the address of the local hotel in Mumbai where we had stayed ?

So in that way, we receive it in the next day?.
Please advise?.

ud, IluvGC, wantagc

From another post, it seems like only non-immigrant visas will be returned by courier and immigrant visas will still be handed out the same day.
Can somebody from Mumbai confirm this so that we will know for sure and can make travel plans accordingly?
Thanks
MJ1