Mumbai January P4 Discussion thread!

I-134 Questions

Do I need to carry an official statement from the Bank as mentioned in the I-134 instructions or is the monthly statement good enough? I\'m trying to get one from my bank but they don\'t seem to be responding well to it. Also, do I need a similar statement from my broker for my brokerage account? What about US Treasury Bonds, can I just carry photocopies of the same?

skarekat

You can take bank statements from the last three months.
The bureaucracy in the banks is just too much. My bank is asking me $15 for a statement! Thats ridiculous!
I will carry statements from last three months. That does the job.
Statement from brokerage account will help. Also you can take print-out of your account info online as proof. US Bonds- copies should do.
I am told that your salary is enough as affidavit of support and additional things are hardly ever asked for, unless you have six kids or something ;)
Do you know if 401k can be counted towards stocks and bonds. Though not liquidable right away, one can get a loan against them if need be.
Good luck
MJ1

MJ1: Thanks for the info...

When I called my bank they said that they would charge $3 per statement, which was fine by me, but later they said that they need to do some (God knows what?) research for which they would charge me $25/hour. That\'s when I decided more or less to ditch that official statement. Yeah, I was thinking of carrying recent monthly statements for my bank and brokerage accounts.

DS-230 Part II Item no 29 & 33

I have few doubt about DS-230 II form . Pls guide me...
Item 29: Who is petitioner?
Is it Company for primary applicant? what about wife\'s form?
Item 33a: 33b
Should all check box marked as yes?

AP2001

ap2001

Item 29 :
In your form it should be your company\'s name and address whereas in your wife\'s form your name and address should be filled in. This I confirmed with my attorney.

Item 33a : 33b
I have marked yes in all the boxes. My attorney did not suggest any correction there so I assume that it is ok.

Hey guys, the passports will be returned on the same day for IV

Just read a post by Ramukhsotnas:
"I went to the US consulate in mumbai and confirmed that IV passports normally are returned on the same day (unless there is a problem, they said)- NO COURIER service"

PCC Question

My passport is issued form Mumbai. I have already applied for my PCC at washington, DC, but they say it will take 30 to 45 days.

How come u got ur PCC so fast. Please let me know the procedure.

Moiz.

Moiz

Since your passport was issued in Bombay, the Embassy in Wash DC doesn\'t have your record. So, they will have to send the query regarding you to India and only when they get a reply- the embassy can issue a PCC for you. Whereas, if the passport was issued by an embassy in the USA, they would already have your record so you can get your PCC within a few days (I got mine in 4-5 days). Hope that helps.
Good luck!

immihelp.com docs list mentions...

Apartment lease papers and Marriage photographs, marriage invitation card. Are these really required for the CP interview? I have these but I\'m wondering if it\'s not required why add to the bulk. Thanks.

So will I have to get it from India now, what are the options for me, my interview is on 17th Jan

mml: You might want to call the Mumbai Consulate and find out the details...

from them. That would be the best thing to do since you will have accurate information. You can even have your family members call the Mumbai Consulate and ask them about the procedure to obtain PCC from Mumbai. BTW, even we\'re scheduled for Jan 17. See you there.

Contacting early Jan CPers

I have my CP interview on Jan 24th 2002. I am very concerned
about the PCC. My lawyer clarified that I need 2 PCCs, but on
this message thread I gather that PCC form
Indian consulate will be sufficient. I have a PCC form the SFO
Indian embassy where my passport renewal was done, but nothing
from India. Talked to my folks back in India for the local police
station PCC. They say it will take a few weeks and I have to be
physically there. Also my husband has lived all over India and it
would be impossible to obtain PCC from all those places.
I would like learn from the experience of early Jan CPers. Will you
be posting your experience on this thread? Can I contact any of you
if required. I truly appreciate any help. My H1 expires in early Feb it
is improtant that this comes through.

Thanks in advance.

-Chimnee

Update from my side

Medical: Hinduja on Jan 15, 2002
POE: San Francisco
PCC: Applied in SFO on Dec 7, 2001 not got yet.

update from my side

*Recd PCC from the Indian Embassy, Wash DC in 4 days
*Not recd P4 as yet but the family collected copies
*The family was told by the consulate that the passport will be returned the same day (no mailing etc. Thank God!)

What are the alternatives if we dont get PCC from consulate

Hi,
Applied for PCC with SF consulate. But I wont get it before my interview on 23 Jan. I am leaving on 11 th Jan for India. What are the alternatives?
Is anyone else in the smae boat, what are u guys planning to do. I have already mailed the consulate with the situation, but no reply so far. Has anyone managed to get a PCC from local police station?
Any information is appreciated!