'Mumbai Confirmed/Likely Interview dates in July/August/September'

Vacinations

I heard from a CPer from 2 years back that his resluts from tests in the US were accepted at Lilawati.

Lilavati

From personal experience, a friend of mine told me, Lilavati even honors word of mouth, if you tell them you took a specific vaccine x years back. But it may be an exception rather than the norm. They exempted his wife from taking most vaccines. But it could be that she had a child in the US, and therefore they might have been convinced that she was current on her vaccines.

GCCP2004 said:
I sent $325 to NVC per person, is it still valid? they have not said otherwise in my P4.

{I have not undestood you correctly but I think you mean, you have sent $335 instead of $325 to NVC per person. Then you are all clear with the payment }

If it has increased how do I make payment at the embassy cash is USD or do i need to get a draft? Interview next week.

{You need to have Demand Draft in the form of RS. No dollars }

Also photographs, I read that the ones at the one in Breach candy is not valid inside the embassy (from an experience post earlier) is it ok for the medicals? Is there a better place for photographs?

{I am not sure which photos you are talking but the new requriement of the photos are place on the website of mumbai consualte and it is also included in you P4 packet you better stick to those sizes and if you feel concerned about it check with "My Own Photo Studio" which is couple of blocks away from consulate (towards Kemps corner junction) }

Thanks

Question on Affidavit of Support

What should be the denomination of the stamp paper on which the affidavit should be typed: meaning, should it be Rs 10 or Rs 20 stamp paper.

I dont know if the denomination matters, hence the question.

Thanks a lot.

sansin said:
What should be the denomination of the stamp paper on which the affidavit should be typed: meaning, should it be Rs 10 or Rs 20 stamp paper.

I dont know if the denomination matters, hence the question.

Thanks a lot.

Hi
It doesnt matter. It could be on either. Mine was on a 10Rs. I got my CP from Chennai last month, they didnt even use it !!

Successful CP and POE

Hello guys,

I successfully completed CP (AC-140) at Mumbai on 7/ 26, and POE at Detroit on 8/ 7.

Thanks are due to this wonderful forum and Mr. Rajiv Khanna for the immigration portal.

Medicals at Breach Candy:
The allow people in at 7:30, and give reports with a 1-page status sheet (just for your satisfaction that the sealed reports are fine) by 2:30. 1 1/2 hour lunch break approximately from 11:00 to 12:30.

Questions at Interview:
Stood in line starting 7:30 for 8:15 appointment (Don't be later than 8:15 or they ask you to come the next day - happed to one girl whom I met there).
Asked for papers at the counter by Indian Officer at 10:30. Got done with papers submission and questions by 11:05. Basically, the officer asked me questions about all core documents first, like where were you born, when and where you got married, what company you work for, etc.; and then compiled the documents to submit to the American Officer. Also, this 35 minutes accounts for the time I had to rush to the counter accross the hall to pay the drafts, and bring the receipts back to the counter.

Main interview was at around noon. American Officer was accompanied by a different Indian Officer.
Only 3 questions asked to me:
What do you do? I described job resposibilities exactly as in labor certification.
What are your qualifications? I described American degrees I have.
How is the weather where you are? I said it is summer and sunny and nice.
To my wife:
When did you get married? Answer - <exact date>.
How long have you been in the U.S.A.? Answer - since <exact date>.

Took oath, signed DS-230 Part II that the Officer signed after us, and were told to collect our passports at 3:30.

POE
Stood in U.S. Citizens/ Residents line as instructed by the airport officer.
Officer looked at Immigrant Visa stamp and said 'Uh! Employment-based Case.'
Asked us to go to a counter for fingerprints and signatures, which took about 5 minutes. The officer there opened the seal, looked at the documents, told us that the stamp she put is valid for one year and that we should receive our plastic cards in the mail much before then.

Overall, smooth process if you are prepared with the basic answers.

Any questions, I 'll be happy to answer.

Congratualtions run4hlth !!!

I was wondering what happened I didn't see your post for long time. Thanks for contributing your experience into this forum.

thanks

Congratulations!

A question for you and VM1214- re :visa fee

Do you suggest to have one DD of Rs 15410/- per applicant or break up in two DD-one of Rs 11,960/ ( visa application fee) and Rs 3,450/( visa issuance fee) - per applicant?Did we have to submit fee all together or two separate times.

Thanks

ranjansinha

One DD of RS 15410/- per applicant.

If you are alone then you need to toggle between the payment window and the forms submission window else your spouse will be asked to pay the DD after she verifies that the amount you bought is correct and you will be submitting the requried docs in mean time.

Thanks

vm1214 said:
One DD of RS 15410/- per applicant.

If you are alone then you need to toggle between the payment window and the forms submission window else your spouse will be asked to pay the DD after she verifies that the amount you bought is correct and you will be submitting the requried docs in mean time.

Thanks

ranjansinha,

I agree. I had to run between the two windows since I chose to do it myself instead of letting my wife go. Just in case they ask questions (didn't want to take any chances letting the wife answer more than the standard questions :) ).

Sent AC-140 package to Mumbai - What Next?

Hi All,

My lawyers (not company lawyers) just sent the Ac 140 package to mumbai.It was confirmed to have reached on 08/13 2004.

I saw in this forum that it is advisable to call them sometime.

Q1: When should I call?
Q2: When do I get my case number?
Q3: What paperwork should I start preparing to take to india apart from PCC?
Q4: Any idea what the interview dates are latest , for which months?
Q5: Any help on the link of latest interview dates?

I will keep you all posted about the proceedings with my Ac 140 case.

Thank you friends,
R

reshmaya said:
Hi All,

My lawyers (not company lawyers) just sent the Ac 140 package to mumbai.It was confirmed to have reached on 08/13 2004.

I saw in this forum that it is advisable to call them sometime.

Q1: When should I call?

{ Allow them one week to look and prepare your case, you can try calling them after one week }

Q2: When do I get my case number?

{Once the case is prepared on your name }

{Look at the link on the top of this forum, useful stuff while waiting for interview. You should be getting a very fair idea about document }

Q4: Any idea what the interview dates are latest , for which months?

{Sept dates are announced }

{Look at the mumbai US consualte website for the interview dates}

I will keep you all posted about the proceedings with my Ac 140 case.

Thank you friends,
R

vm1214 said:

{Look at the link on the top of this forum, useful stuff while waiting for interview. You should be getting a very fair idea about document }

{Look at the mumbai US consualte website for the interview dates}

Q5 - link in the thread mentioned by vm.

Re: IS PCC required for husband as well?

Thank Vm and Alren.

I am based in NY (moved in July) and my husband still based in CA (with a CA based company). My company was based in CA but i moved to NY and am still within the same company.

My lawyers advised me that since I have been in NY only for a month, I should get my PCC from CA( San francisco).According to the SFO indian consulate, only people who have a indian passport from SFO can get the PCC in same day.Luckily I have a SFO passport(changed name after marriage) but my husband still has an indian passport (from Hyderabad).

Question -
- Is separate PCC required for both husband and myself?
- Any idea how much time it would take for my husband to obtain a PCC from Indian consulate in Sanfrancisco?

Thank you.
R

Agree with alren.

After 4 weeks you can ask your husband to drive to SFO consualte and get his passport stamped, it will be delivered on the same day.

Thanks

Update - Called up Mumbai Consulate.

Thanks Guys,

My husband and i plan to go to SFO this friday 08/20 and hand over the paperwork in person.We will collect the same in person when the time frame is given.

I called up the Mumbai consulate yesterday, Got them in 4 tries - mighty surprised...:))

The lady on the phone told me that my interview would be in October.
Thanks,
R

When should we schedule a doctor's appointment at Mumbai?

Hi Guys,

While I am waiting for the interview date at Mumbai (they said tentatively in Oct), a few questions...Thank you so much for your help.

Q1: I have heard that the interview letter comes to different destinations, could be lawyer, could be me.How long should a person wait before going to the consulate itself and asking for the appointment letter?

Q2: In the Mumbai consulate web site, it is written that the appointment letter is required for medicals?Does the consulate pick the hospital name for us?

Q3: If we have a choice amongst the INS certified places in Mumbai, when should be call and schedule for an appointment?Should we call/email?

Q4: If the appointment letter does not come, then would it be advisable to go to the consulate a day before a medical appointment?(BASED on Q2's reply)

Thanks again,
R

reshmaya said:
Hi Guys,

While I am waiting for the interview date at Mumbai (they said tentatively in Oct), a few questions...Thank you so much for your help.

Q1: I have heard that the interview letter comes to different destinations, could be lawyer, could be me.How long should a person wait before going to the consulate itself and asking for the appointment letter?

LETTER WOULD BE DELIVERED TO YOU. BASED ON YOUR TRAVEL PLAN, IF YOU DONT GET UR LETTER 3 WEEKS BEFORE THE INTERVIEW DATE, SEND THEM AN EMAIL WITH YOUR CASE NUMBER AND ALL THE BENEFICARY's NAME. YOU MUST CARRY THE LETTER OR EMAIL REPLY FOR THE DR APPT. THEY WILL GIVE YOU A LIST OF US CONSULATE CERTIFIED DRs. YOU COULD GO TO ANY ONE. NORMALLY THE APPTs ARE PRETTY OPEN, SCHEDULE MIN. 1 WEEK BEFORE YOUR IVIEW DATE. GOOD LUCK.

Q2: In the Mumbai consulate web site, it is written that the appointment letter is required for medicals?Does the consulate pick the hospital name for us?

Q3: If we have a choice amongst the INS certified places in Mumbai, when should be call and schedule for an appointment?Should we call/email?

Q4: If the appointment letter does not come, then would it be advisable to go to the consulate a day before a medical appointment?(BASED on Q2's reply)

Thanks again,
R