Multiple I-90 Appl. First Appl approved and got card;received receipt for second

aj1999

Registered Users (C)
Due to name correction, I applied for I-90 Application in March 15th through ASC,Charleston,SC; waited until July, haven't received receipt number, so I called Customer Service Number and they connected to an immigration officer. The officer told that the application might have lost and advised me to send another one. I did it in July and sent to Los Angeles Lock box.

Last month, my I got the receipt for the first application(after 6 months) and got it approved and got the card with all correct information. Yesterday I got the receipt number for the second one. In the receipt number itself, my name was spelt wrong. As per the application I have to go for Biometrics.

Now what I have to do, I got the card with correct information. Someone told that the first card might have cancelled. If I am not going for the biometrics, will the current application considered as non-acceptance of Green Card?

Do I have to go for Biometrics and start over? If I am not going will it affect my Permanent residence status? Will my present card will be invalid? I would like get advise from you all.

Thank you very much in advance to all,

aj1999 said:
Due to name correction, I applied for I-90 Application in March 15th through ASC,Charleston,SC; waited until July, haven't received receipt number, so I called Customer Service Number and they connected to an immigration officer. The officer told that the application might have lost and advised me to send another one. I did it in July and sent to Los Angeles Lock box.

Last month, my I got the receipt for the first application(after 6 months) and got it approved and got the card with all correct information.

Yesterday I got the receipt number for the second one. In the receipt number itself, my name was spelt wrong. As per the application I have to go for Biometrics.
------------- no need to go for Biometrics as you have got the Card with correct info on it. if you wish attach the copy of reciept and inform them that you got the card with corrections on it
Now what I have to do, I got the card with correct information.
-------------do nothing
Someone told that the first card might have cancelled. If I am not going for the biometrics, will the current application considered as non-acceptance of Green Card?
--------------someone is giving you wrong info
Do I have to go for Biometrics and start over?
------no
If I am not going will it affect my Permanent residence status?
-----------no problem
Will my present card will be invalid?
---------no
I would like get advise from you all.

Only middle name initial ok or full name has to be there?

aj1999 said:

Last month, my I got the receipt for the first application(after 6 months) and got it approved and got the card with all correct information. Yesterday I got the receipt number for the second one. In the receipt number itself, my name was spelt wrong. As per the application I have to go for Biometrics.

Now what I have to do, I got the card with correct information. Someone told that the first card might have cancelled. If I am not going for the biometrics, will the current application considered as non-acceptance of Green Card?

Do I have to go for Biometrics and start over? If I am not going will it affect my Permanent residence status? Will my present card will be invalid? I would like get advise from you all.

Hi aj1999

If possible can you pl. share what was wrong in your name so you need to corrcet it. My passport has my full mddle name but the I-485 application receipt and I-551 stamp has only the first character of my middle name. Do I need to correct it?

Please share your views .

Thanks

In the receipt number and card only the first character of middle name will be there. That's not a problem.

For me the problem was the last name was misspelt, that's all.

Regarding my case, I called the National Customer Service and they told me to send a withdrawal request to Texas notarized and I sent it, I don't know whether they will withdraw the application.

I hope it will not affect my application,

Thank you for the advise