multiple A#

sb99

Myslf (A)and my wife (B) have independent GC process going on in two different centers (Nebraska and Texas center) through different employers. In the july month filling, we both applied for our I-485. I added my wife as dependent in my application and my wife added me as dependent in her application. So we both have 2 different A# through each of us processes.
At the time of applying for I-485 for spose through each case, we did not have A# for the spouse, we received it only when we got the receipt number.

My wife had her I-140 cleared and we also did the finger printing under her 485 application last month. My I-140 is still pending but we have also received fingerprinting notice thorugh my application which is due this week.

(A) LC EB3- Aug 2003
I-140 - pending (Nebraska center)
I-485 - applied (EAD me and my wife)
FP - not yet done

(B) LC EB3- Aug 2004
I-140 - cleared (Texas center)
I-485 - applied ( Didn't apply for EAD or AP for anyone)
FP - Done

My question is:
1) is it ok or legal to have 2 A# through 2 different processes in 2 different centers?
2) Should I do the finger printing for 2nd application?
3) If we continue both the process, whould there be any complication, queries or impact on our GC process in future?
4) Do we have to withdraw any one of us application?

Please advice.
Thanks in advance.

Please Reply

Hi, My situation is also same.. I asked Sheela murthy, she suggested not to withdraw. She also mentioned that having two I-485 delays the entire processing. But still I don't know what to do..I don't want to mess up entire processing of having two I-485's.

Please any one share their exp..

Thanks,
sri0202

??

Thanks for the reply guys.

I am still confiused and I have fingerprinting for me and my wife tomorrow through my application.

Sir0202, so what did you do in your case? do you still have 2 485 application for each of you (you and your wife)? How about the FP? Did you do FP through each application?
When did you talk to Murthy, befor or after filling 485? Did you file both cases through Murthy? If you dont mind, could you please tell me more about what Murthy said about having multiple A#?
On forum I read in one place that if you have multiple 485, both will get rejected. Is it true?

Please reply.

Thanks in advance.

Here are my details:

First 485(TSC) :
140 -- Pending -- filed in May 2007
Labor -- substitution (PD MAR 2005)
EB2 -- as a future employee

Second 485(NSC):
140 -- pending -- filed in July 2007
Labor -- original (PD JUL 2007)
EB2 -- as a regular employee

I called her after filing my second 485's and I did't used Murthy's Law firm.

Murthy said not to withdraw second 485 as it may trigger Red flag on the case( becuase of too much activity on the case). But she also said that having multplie 485s delays the entire GC processing basically this will confuse officer and that will cause RFE's and delays..

I had my first FP last month and this month end I am going for my second 485FP.

But personally...I do not want to screw up my entire processing by simply having two 485's. But my first 485 PD is MAR 2005.. and second one is JUL 2007.. so there is almost two years...!!.. I have not decided yet..which one to keep ..I am still confused..:confused:

It is almost always better to keep the earlier PD, especially in current situation where you have no idea how visa retro will play out. Not sure whether you should be withdrawing a case right now, but if time comes to make that decision (e.g. starting to receive mixed up RFE's), PD is critical.