Moving soon. Can I use a mailbox service like UPS for my mailing address?

diavon

Registered Users (C)
I am planning to use UPS or Kinkos to get a mailbox. Anyone do this when applying to the USCIS?

Mailing address can be PO Box or third party vendor supplied PO Box, but main address must still be your physical address.

Like bob said you can.
i use an UPS mailbox and i have been receiving mail from USCIS on it and they did not ask me for my new physical address when i changed my address online & when i spoke to a USCIS personal on the phone when i was changing my address. So you might want to ask USCIS what do they want to do when it comes to your physical address.

Ramsis, are you using the UPS address as your mailing address, your physical address, or both?

Even if USCIS sends you a confirmation for the change of address and a few mails here and there @ new address, yet still it's always best to keep eyes on previous address for your mails especially when someone has a pending application. Why? Because USCIS doesn't always change address in their all terminals so to say mails will definately be going to the new address. Thouands of applicants experienced this and ended up in a big mess. Their cases were either denied for not showing up for the interview, or they ended up paying tons of money on fees/attorney to appeal or fight in the immigration court. Nobody in the USCIS gives a damn if mails go to wrong address. They would always have an excuse to defend their action. So it's better to care about your case than relying on confirmation alone.

Johnny, I am aware of this. And this is precisely why I want to start off the process using the mailbox address. That address will never change! I called UPS. What they provide is not a PO Box. Rather they provide a mailbox with a suite #. So it basiclly looks like a real address. The only thing is that I dont live at that address. And therein lies the dilemma. Do I give my current physical address, then move, and have the application get messed up? Or do I provide a mailbox address where I dont live?

Do I give my current physical address, then move, and have the application get messed up? Or do I provide a mailbox address where I dont live?

Physical address and mailing address are two different things. The N-400 makes this distinction eventhough the AR-11 doesn't. At the interview you will have to provide your physical address. You can't give a postal store as your physical address.

Physical address and mailing address are two different things. The N-400 makes this distinction eventhough the AR-11 doesn't. At the interview you will have to provide your physical address. You can't give a postal store as your physical address.

unless he lives there :D:D:D:D:D:D

Ramsis, are you using the UPS address as your mailing address, your physical address, or both?

Like Bob said in the N400 they ask for mailing address & Physical address. When i called USCIS & informed them i have a NEW mailing address & a NEW physical home address they just asked for the mailing address don't know why. All i know is i have received letters now from them to my UPS mailbox & i still check mail at my old address just in case.