Moving from Philippines to USA

JustinTN

Registered Users (C)
Hello, My friend and i are confused about B-2 Tourist Visa

My friend lives in the Philippines and she is wanting to visit me and possibly move to America. She supports herself, and can afford all the bills but to get a visa they want proof that she can support herself financially while visiting America( not allowed to have a job with just the Tourist Visa), however i would be paying for everything here. Is there something she can do so that she can visit me since she doesn't have a lot of money saved up?

Thank you, Justin.

The standard way to sponsor a tourist visa application is to have your name written down in section 28 of her tourist visa app (DS-156). Then you would complete an I-134 with required bank evidence and send it to her to include in the DS-156 app.

I've seen conflicting posts on whether the I-134 sponsorship is allowed for anyone (eg: friends), or restricted only to family members of the visa applicant.

If you post your question here, you'll probably get more definitive answers:
http://boards.immigration.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142

-ML

So, how much should be the total cost of the said sponsored bank in order to live in America. I have plan to visit as a tourist in America, then my friend or boyfriend willing to spent me to live there in America. He said just only a tourist visa but he willing to upgrade my status so that I can live in America for how many years.

Although there are specific documents needed to support a tourist visa application for the US, the list is non-exhaustive. The consul may ask for more documents to prove without a doubt that you have more than enough reasons to go back to the Philippines and that you have no intentions whatsoever of illegally staying in the US. The letter of invitation, bank documents from the inviting party and what have you do not say anything about the applicants intentions. They just say that the expenses are being paid off which, in my point of view and experience, are sometimes detrimental to the visa application as they further prove that the applicant does not have enough liquid assets and may seek for greener pastures in America.

We cannot blame the USCIS for treating Filipino visa applicants with an iron fist because time and again, Filipinos have used their visitor visa to illegally stay in the US. This is regardless of the person's background. I have met a lot of former famous athletes, talents, professionals, etc who I thought had no reasons to overstay and thus were given US visa but guess what, they did overstay.

All you can do is just to submit all the authentic documents and hope and pray that the officer believes in you. A friend of mine who had no assets but was honest in saying that he just wanted to take the Physical Therapy licensure exam was granted a 10 year visa. In contrast, another friend who had more a million pesos in the bank and with a family to be left in the Philippines was denied a visa.

hmm.. isn't it hard to obtain US visa if your from philippines? i know something about UK but with US i don't have any idea yet.. well i guess i should continue reading post regarding about it. :)

The country need a show money. Open a international bank account for her and make a deposit around $20,000. That might help

The B-2 visitor visa is also referred to as the "tourist" visa. Foreign nationals who wish to enter the United States for recreation and pleasure or for medical treatment often use it.

Hello, My friend and i are confused about B-2 Tourist Visa

My friend lives in the Philippines and she is wanting to visit me and possibly move to America. She supports herself, and can afford all the bills but to get a visa they want proof that she can support herself financially while visiting America( not allowed to have a job with just the Tourist Visa), however i would be paying for everything here. Is there something she can do so that she can visit me since she doesn't have a lot of money saved up?

Thank you, Justin.

Since she already wants to move to the U.S., she does not qualify for the B-2 tourist visa, it should result in a denial under INA 214(b) due to being an intending immigrant. The correct visa would be a K-1 fiance visa if she and you plan to marry and if you are a USC.

So, how much should be the total cost of the said sponsored bank in order to live in America. I have plan to visit as a tourist in America, then my friend or boyfriend willing to spent me to live there in America. He said just only a tourist visa but he willing to upgrade my status so that I can live in America for how many years.

A B-2 visa should be denied under INA 214(b) due to being an intending immigrant. If you plan to marry and if your boyfriend is a USC, the correct visa is the K-1 fiance visa.

First, you're not going to work in the Philippines. Not a chance. That dog just won't hunt.

You can go to the Philippines without a visa for up to 21 days. BEFORE that 21 days is up you need to report to the closest office of the Bureau of Immigration and request an extension./

We cannot blame the USCIS for treating Filipino visa applicants with an iron fist because time and again, Filipinos have used their visitor visa to illegally stay in the US. This is regardless of the person's background. I have met a lot of former famous athletes, talents, professionals, etc who I thought had no reasons to overstay and thus were given US visa but guess what, they did overstay.

Zenofon for your free calls

Call your friends and family all over the world for FREE! zenofon.com is giving all new users $5.00 credit for trying out our service. We have the lowest international rates. Call or SMS +1 646 699 4803 to find out more.

Hi,

It will always be better to finalize your plan, either you'll just visit your friend/boyfriend in the US or you'll stay there to live at least you'll not spend so much time for the process. You may directly apply for a Fiance Visa (K-1) if you really do plan to live in the US.

This plan is tough, and will only get rejected.

It is difficult to get a tourist visa from the Philippines to the US, especially because there are a lot of tourists who overstays and just stays hidden. Even if that person is rich or has a successful career, it is still not easy. Even people who just need to go to the US for training purposes and has a lot of ties home, including a high paying career doesn't always get approved, or takes too long, much less someone who doesn't have a lot of savings (or a long history of savings) nor strong ties to the homeland. It is especially difficult if the applicant is single and/or young (below 50yo).

It is especially tough for people who intend to immigrate later on, either by getting engaged, married or getting a job with immigration benefits. Applying for a tourist visa with plans to immigrate is fraud, and will not only get that person rejected, but also get that person banned from the US even if he/she is lucky to be approved at first.

If you want to be with your gf/bf, it is better that you be the one to visit the Philippines, or meet somewhere else where it is easier for her to visit or get a visa, like Hongkong where he/she can also visit Disneyland and Ocean Park among others.

If you really want her/him to spend more time with you in the US, it is much better to apply for a Fiancee/K1 VISA. It gives you 3 months to get to know each other better and decide if you want to get married or send her/him back to the Philippines. Just make sure that you have complete control of the situation, and the person you sponsored will not run away and leave you responsible for the mess. There are a lot of sad stories about this, so be warned.