Mount Laurel Interview today

krajan02

Registered Users (C)
Just got back fron ML after my interview. Passed the interview but unfortunatley was missing some documents hence got the "Continuance" letter. need to privde birth certificate and court despositions for two speeding fines.

I just didnt have enough time to get all the papers in time before the interview. Got the letter on the 27th May and the interview was today June 4th.

The officer did mentioned that if i can get the doucments quickly she might be able to approve it quickly.

-krish

Didn't have enough time to get all papers before interview? Com'n this is an important interview and how could you not prepare for it. I took one day off from work to collect all papers.

Didn't have enough time to get all papers before interview? Com'n this is an important interview and how could you not prepare for it. I took one day off from work to collect all papers.

I agree. I collected all the paperwork months ago (also had to take a day off), and I don't even have my IL yet.

However, I believe that they issue a pass to come back within 2 days with all the applicable paperwork. Otherwise, who knows how long it'll take. I suggest getting all the paperwork together as quickly as possible and going back to the DO.

I did the same. I collected all the Papers the day I sent in my Application and then I hardly drove anywhere, lol. My Father in Law drove me to the Interview and especially my Oath, lol.

I did the same. I collected all the Papers the day I sent in my Application and then I hardly drove anywhere, lol. My Father in Law drove me to the Interview and especially my Oath, lol.

I plan on taking public transportation to my oath!:D

oh I am sorry to hear that. You should have done preparing during the weekend.

I am preparing for an interview as I took some time off to go:
1) mva to get my driving records and court to get my court-formatted driving records
2) photo studio to get 4 photos (two for interview and two for passport)
3) photocopy important papers such as passport, driver license, travel proofs, green card, N-400 original, tax returns (and tax transcripts), etc.
4) home - look for other documents like H1, F1 papers, marriage certificate, bills, birth certificate, etc.
5) read interview letter to make sure everything is in order
6) put all things in portfolio and ready for interview.
7) study civic questions for exam
8) get some good sleep :) :D

I plan to spend a night at my friend's house that is very closer to DO office to avoid traffic before the interview begins or I will take the train to city where DO is located at. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back fron ML after my interview. Passed the interview but unfortunatley was missing some documents hence got the "Continuance" letter. need to privde birth certificate and court despositions for two speeding fines.

I just didnt have enough time to get all the papers in time before the interview. Got the letter on the 27th May and the interview was today June 4th.

The officer did mentioned that if i can get the doucments quickly she might be able to approve it quickly.

-krish

hmm...two questions:

1. speeding fines- did you disclose this yourself? i assume they were regular 2 point (under 500bucks) type tickets? i.e. at what point was the IO aware of these tickets? i assume you stated these on your n400?

2. birth cert- why was this necessary?

wtih both- on your IL did it state you should bring these docs?

I marked it under citation becaue it turned out to be more then just speeding ticket. In one instance of speeding i didnt have my insurence card on me so had to go to the court and show my insurence card.

The seond instance turned out to be more serious.
I was driving a rental car and was pulled over in San Francisco downtown for driving in a one-way street when I discovered that my license was suspended back in Illinois for non compliance of emission testing. I called Illinois DMV and got my license reinstated. I also went to the court and paid the fines. The second charge was registered as misdemanor so had to go to court and pay the fine.

I didnt want to hide this so i mentioned it in the app.

About the birth certificate i have no idea why they would ask it. they didnt mention it any where in the letter.

Hmmm... Why would they need the Birth Certificate?

Did you give one during your GC process? Shouldn't they have had that in their files? Also isn't the Birth date the same - on Driver's License and passport from country of origin?

yes, it should be the same as GC. not sure but i guess i have to get it now to complete my app ASAP.

I had my interview a month back in the same Mt Laurel office and they do asked me BC also. Fortunately I took a copy of it in my folder and handed them. Yes its true, they havnt mentioned it in their interview letter.

court documents

What kind of documents are they looking for? I was involved in 2 accidents and 2 traffic ticket. Should I get documents from the court or the DMV record is good enough

What kind of documents are they looking for? I was involved in 2 accidents and 2 traffic ticket. Should I get documents from the court or the DMV record is good enough

The answer to that is heavily dependent on the IO assigned to your case. Some don't care about traffic tickets at all, while others demand proof that you've paid them.

Finger printing.

I applied for Naturalization and my fingerprinting is schedueld at Philadelphia. I live in south jersey and the imigration office near to my region is at Mount laurel, NJ. Are they going to sent my paperwork for interview at Philadelphia or Mount Laurel in NJ. Any thoughts!!!!!!!!

Hi,
I had the same situation. I did my fingerprints in Philly on 8/6 :confused:and got my IL last Friday :)for the citizenship interview in Mount Laurel, NJ.
Good luck!

I was just checking the processing time for Mt Laurel for N400 and it show April 2008, i last time checked the uscis web site 3 weeks back and it stated october 2007. probably they working on cases very fast and clearing backlog too?

Hi Guys, I sent some N600K forms to mount laurel office over 6 months ago and didnt hear from them since any thing. Does anyone happen to have their phone number or email address?

Thanks in advance, Ilan.

The answer to that is heavily dependent on the IO assigned to your case. Some don't care about traffic tickets at all, while others demand proof that you've paid them.

where do i get the court disposition papers?
Where can I get the state tax transcript in NJ?