Mother of US Citizen - B2 VISA

DSee

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My mother (Brazilian) wants to come to US so she can meet my wife/son (her grandson/daughter-in-law).
I'm an US Citizen and could apply for her to get a GC, but she only wants to visit us and does not want to immigrate here.

She owns a house ($150K), has a steady job, and over $10K in the bank, and I was wondering if there is anything I could do to help her get a B2 Tourist Visa.

Could I send a letter so she could show the interviewer, or something? I know they will ask the motive of the visit and if she knows anyone here, and I really want to make this happen.

What can I do to help her?

Thanks.

Hello,

My mother (Brazilian) wants to come to US so she can meet my wife/son (her grandson/daughter-in-law).
I'm an US Citizen and could apply for her to get a GC, but she only wants to visit us and does not want to immigrate here.

She owns a house ($150K), has a steady job, and over $10K in the bank, and I was wondering if there is anything I could do to help her get a B2 Tourist Visa.

Could I send a letter so she could show the interviewer, or something? I know they will ask the motive of the visit and if she knows anyone here, and I really want to make this happen.

What can I do to help her?

Thanks.

The BEST thing that YOU can do is butt out. SHE needs to apply and qualify on her own and she sounds like she would meet the requirements. Brazil does have a high refusal rate because so many Brazilians overstay visas so she needs to prepare her application well and might want to seek professional help but if she is a working professional she should have no problems doing it on her own. IF her employer will agree to put something in writing about an authorized vacation with her job remaining open for her when she returns, that could help.

Understood...

So, when they ask her what's the reason of the visit, she can just say: I will visit my son (US citizen) + grandson (also US citizen) + daughter-in-law, and that's it?

Understood...

So, when they ask her what's the reason of the visit, she can just say: I will visit my son (US citizen) + grandson (also US citizen) + daughter-in-law, and that's it?

She need not be so specific. Visiting family (and friends if applicable) and see the sights.

Ok, thank you.

I'm asking this because I know it's in the application forms:

Do you know anyone/have any relatives @ USA?
If you say NO, then you would be lying, and I'm pretty sure it's not a good idea... If you say yes, they might ask who, and that could complicate the entire process.