more question on N-400

leung

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,

I have a question regarding Part 6-B section: "where have you worked during the last five years?" and I have to fill out the employers address. According to my W-2, my employer's address is in NY, my working address is in Los Angekes. My question is "should I fill out section B with my working address or my employer's address appeared on my W-2?" Thank you very much.

Another question, if my mailing address is same as my home address, should I fill out "N/A" on the "care of" colume in part 4-B section? If I mail my application on Nov, 20th, May I date my N-400 as Nov, 21 since It will take one or two days to get to AZ? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Physical work address is fine. What they are checking for here is if you worked overseas.

"care of" can be left blank

Hi folks,

I have a question regarding Part 6-B section: "where have you worked during the last five years?" and I have to fill out the employers address. According to my W-2, my employer's address is in NY, my working address is in Los Angekes. My question is "should I fill out section B with my working address or my employer's address appeared on my W-2?" Thank you very much.

Another question, if my mailing address is same as my home address, should I fill out "N/A" on the "care of" colume in part 4-B section? If I mail my application on Nov, 20th, May I date my N-400 as Nov, 21 since It will take one or two days to get to AZ? thanks

Where do you work? LA or NY? If you work in LA, then ignore what is on your W2 and put where you get your paystub to avoid confusion.

In the mailing address, 4 B just write, same address as mailing address.. N/A is usually reserved in my view for issues that aren't applicable. You may NOT date your application with a future date, because any official govt document requiring signature should bear the date on which it was signed. If you mail it on the Nov 20, sign Nov 20 and NOT Nov 22nd, 2009. :rolleyes:

Thank you Bobsmith and Al Southner. I work in LA and get my paystud from NY, so which address should I write,LA or NY? I also went to school at same time while I was working, shall I also write down my school info (time, and address) on the same section Part 6-B? Thank you for help.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need to write the school information if you were working full time while studying. Writing the school information is for those for whom being a student was their primary occupation when they were studying.

Thank you Bobsmith and Al Southner. I work in LA and get my paystud from NY, so which address should I write,LA or NY? I also went to school at same time while I was working, shall I also write down my school info (time, and address) on the same section Part 6-B? Thank you for help.

Leung,

Aren't you the person who left LA to live in NY for school and never changed his home address with USCIS? I remember that your parents live in LA and you lived at various addresses in NYC while a student? :confused:

Use the residency address you use for Federal tax return

NO. You are assuming the OP has not moved since filing federal taxes. OP has not made any such declaration. OP could have filed taxes last month (after extension), or maybe 8 months back. There is no requirement for your current address to be same as tax address, but they may match the DL.

It is possible that OP's current address is same as tax return address, but that might just be incidental.