• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

more information about the DV#

myafi1985

Registered Users (C)
I want some more information about the visa issuance through the DV, I know that each fiscal year DOS issues a 50k visa through the DV program. but in the first stage they send notifications to aprox. 100k.I know some people die or got disqualified , but what are the other factors that it filters the applicant after the first notification

Second questions: my DV# 2013AS000062XX, and I already sent my application to KY, I want to know my chances to get a visa based on DV.
more information: the number of winners in my country is 170 and there is no CP in my country, and the US embassy which responsible about the application of my country is located in Jordan, and the number of winning in Jordan is 251, I wanted to include these information just in case if it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. The main factor is that only about 60% of winners are open winners. 40% rest arehidden winners anddo not know they won. The next factor is not all applicants want to get visas. So they just do not apply for a visa.
2. You chances are high.

1. The main factor is that only about 60% of winners are open winners. 40% rest arehidden winners anddo not know they won. The next factor is not all applicants want to get visas. So they just do not apply for a visa.
2. You chances are high.

I still do not believe that about 60% of winners are open winners,it is not up to that figure just not up at all.And many of these winners mainly from those Schooling in the usa according to some post i am getting from other forums and from other immigration experts.So the question should be why mainly from those schooling in the usa if this is true from i can see now or is this a new way of randomly selecting winning applicant or new policy/rules now from DOS
The following DV2013 Nigerians should be contacted within themselves,@styles,obama,mele,tiwanna,highphy,ovicity,royaltunde and to other Nigerians who are in DV2013 thread should contact ourselves via email by ewaochemoses@yahoo.com including your fone # on wayfoward or next move.

What do you mean by "hidden winners?"
About 100,000 entries won the lottery. However, not all of the winners were told they were winners. Those who were not told are hidden winners. There are about 40,000 of them among 100,000 winners.
DOS needs them in case something goes wrong, like in DV-2003. Then DOS notifies them as well. They have high rank numbers.

I still do not believe that about 60% of winners are open winners
I know the precise percentage for Europe only. That is 42% in DV-2012. Standard error of measurement is 1%. I assume this is similar for other regions.

About 100,000 entries won the lottery. However, not all of the winners were told they were winners. Those who were not told are hidden winners. There are about 40,000 of them among 100,000 winners.
DOS needs them in case something goes wrong, like in DV-2003. Then DOS notifies them as well. They have high rank numbers.

Precisely not all the winners were notified but then is DOS to be trusted on this?I think i still remember that of DV2003 still fresh in my memory.

Need citation, please

Raevsky, I would like it if you would quote your source for your information about these "hidden" winners. The website clearly says that 105,xxx have been registered and notified. It's the same verbiage from previous years.

I cannot say you are incorrect, but can you please state your source for this information? If you cannot, then it really confuses those of us who are hanging out for October 1st!

Help us all understand where you are getting your information.

Many thanks.

hey

I still do not believe that about 60% of winners are open winners,it is not up to that figure just not up at all.And many of these winners mainly from those Schooling in the usa according to some post i am getting from other forums and from other immigration experts.So the question should be why mainly from those schooling in the usa if this is true from i can see now or is this a new way of randomly selecting winning applicant or new policy/rules now from DOS
The following DV2013 Nigerians should be contacted within themselves,@styles,obama,mele,tiwanna,highphy,ovicity,royaltunde and to other Nigerians who are in DV2013 thread should contact ourselves via email by ewaochemoses@yahoo.com including your fone # on wayfoward or next move.

i think we guys from what my friend School boy said, is like it is a true talk...my suggestion is that may be we guys should try in the next DV lottery paradventure if there will be....we should try and make sure we use American I. P. address to register... and @styles, Obama, Mele, Schoolboy, ovicity, Royaltunde and friends not mentioned, what is the way forward...cos i got big American Dream...lol

i think we guys from what my friend School boy said, is like it is a true talk...my suggestion is that may be we guys should try in the next DV lottery paradventure if there will be....we should try and make sure we use American I. P. address to register... and @styles, Obama, Mele, Schoolboy, ovicity, Royaltunde and friends not mentioned, what is the way forward...cos i got big American Dream...lol

I would say you contact me on my email including your fone # cos we could have some many things to talk about?

Fact or fiction?

I was notified early when I won in 2010, and my rank number was 73xxx. I also know of persone with a number of 91xxx that was notified on May 1. This makes me doubt your above statement that people with high rank numbers are kept on "standby" and are notified later than lower rank winners.

Please post the source of your information. If it is just a suspicion you have, you should say so. If you know it for a fact, please quote a reliable source.