Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

review completed

P3 mailed to St. Louis-7/30
NVC received from St.louis-8/20
Review completed-9/11

Hoping for interview in November.

November Interview

PatelM:
Congrats, sounds like a winner, I do think you will get mid November, In my case I rec'd an RFE which was sent and I am now waiting and hoping for the best. Please keep updating us, all the best.

HELP....WORRIED

Today I called NVC and operator told me that document review is done today.and my case will go for Name verification and Qualification verification. Can some one explain why only my case is going for name and qualification verification? Does some one has similar problem? I am really worried.....

Question for cajk2

cajk2,

You mention that in your Packet 4, they mention original birth certificates. What if these were already sent to the NVC? Do we need to get duplicate copies made, or will they have the originals at the time of the interview?

I originaly tried to send in certified copies of the birth certificates (as per P3 instructions), but got an RFE from NVC requesting me to send originals, so you can see why I am confused that they ask for the originals again.

Thanks for your help

PatelM

PatelM,

Just wanted to let you know that my NVC Review completion date is very close to yours. My P3 was reviewed on 09/09/02. When I called NVC, they inidicated that as of 09/20/02 (today) they would reprt back to the visa office with their reviewed cases. I believe they request visa numbers for each reviewed case and then begin to schedule interviews. The operator told me that the interview date should be set by the 2nd week of October. I am going to call the NVC in early October, and I will let you know as soon as I hear anything about an interview date. The operator mentioned that the interview would most likely be in November or December, depending on capacity in Montreal. From previous posts on this board, it seems that interviews in MTL are scheduled 8-10 weeks from the date of the NVC review. That would put us around mid-November...

Re: To jiang and other Oct. cpers

Lawyer got it about two weeks ago and she said she is assembling a final packet for me to take to Montreal. It has not physically reached me yet.

Jiang

Originally posted by cajk2
Did you receive Packet4.?

If anyone has cp done, please post experience here. Thanks.

How to get the PCC from RCMP

Hello Everybody,

I am new to this forum, and need some information about Police Clearance Certificate from RCMP, CANADA,

The Information is whom to approach for the PCC in RCMP and how to get it. Thanks

PCC from Canada

Follow the directions in this link:

RCMP Fingerprints

If you click "How to Obtain a Certified Criminal Record Check", it will give you detailed instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
November interviews???

NVC review completed Aug. 23rd.

Operator @ NVC indicated CP interview @ Montreal should occur early November with letters (P4s?) getting to us early-to-mid October. Will everyone post here when they receive their P4s for Nov. interviews or when they call and get a confirmed date for Nov.?

Is there a format for the notarized employment letter? Can anyone send it to me via email, please? or post it here?

Any places in Toronto/Mississauga that can do US immigration-style photos? I will be visiting the US in the next couple of weeks - can we get the photos done there and use them here?

Cheers

Just finished my interview in Montreal

Everything went smoothly. Nothing new from everything others already posted, except that they allow people in around 7:15 no matter what their interview time is. I'll be back home next week, and I can answer your questions by that time. Good luck to you all.

Re: November interviews???

Originally posted by StillAtSea

Is there a format for the notarized employment letter? Can anyone send it to me via email, please? or post it here?

Any places in Toronto/Mississauga that can do US immigration-style photos? I will be visiting the US in the next couple of weeks - can we get the photos done there and use them here?

Cheers

*Nudge*:confused:

Re: Re: November interviews???

Originally posted by StillAtSea

*Nudge*:confused:

There is an example of an employment letter on immihelp.com. The letter should state your position, salary, and contain a brief job description, all on a company letterhead.

Brian

Re: Re: Re: November interviews???

My case was reviewed on 18 th Aug,2002.NVC operator told me that they will ask for visa number now. Can anyone suggest when should i call to NVC for interview date? Any idea about process?.My consulate is montreal. I was landed immigrant of canada last month and i sent photocopy of my landed paper to NVC. Now I just became canadian citizen. SHOULD I INFORM NVC ABOUT IT? IS IT GOING TO CREATE PROBLEM IN INTERVIEW IN MONTREAL? Or should I call Montreal before interview?
Please suggest....

There is an example of an employment letter on immihelp.com. The letter should state your position, salary, and contain a brief job description, all on a company letterhead.

Thanks Brian, I got that as well as a sample letter faxed to me by a kind forum member.

I was landed immigrant of canada last month and i sent photocopy of my landed paper to NVC. Now I just became canadian citizen. SHOULD I INFORM NVC ABOUT IT? IS IT GOING TO CREATE PROBLEM IN INTERVIEW IN MONTREAL? Or should I call Montreal before interview?

Sanju, just send / fax a copy of your Canadian citizenship (and passport) to NVC and notify them of the change in status. You may want to emphasize your conversation with NVC that your file may have been sent for visa numbers already. We were in a similar position and our attorney told us that it 'should' not matter. But notifying them is a good idea - they will notify the consulate and you should be okay - just to be on the safe side - you can carry a copy of the fax with you to the interview.

Attend interview without a new letter?

Hello Everyone.

I have been a silent observer and wanted to post my status now that things are moving along. Just got notified of my interview in Montreal on Oct 24. My info.

EB3
I-140 -04/2002
P3-STL-06/20/2002
P3-RFE- 07/29 (spouse visa docs)
Interview-10/24

I had sent in all originals in P3 along with a letter of employment (not notorized). Now in P4 it asks to bring along a letter no later than 12 months if not sent in P3.

Company lawyer feels there is no need to take another letter. Is it okay to attend the interview without a new letter? Company follows lawyers advise.

Please give me some input.

thanks

Can I file for CP at Montreal?

I am a Canadian Landed Immigrant. After becoming a landed immigrant, I stayed in Canada for only two weeks and moved to US. Since then, I am working in US on H1B visa. I visted Canada two or three times in five years. Can I file for CP at Montreal?. I read somewhere that one need to live in Canada for minimum of six months to be eligible for CP in Canada. Is it true?

Thanks.

Re: Attend interview without a new letter?

Originally posted by Lotus2002
Hello Everyone.

I have been a silent observer and wanted to post my status now that things are moving along. Just got notified of my interview in Montreal on Oct 24. My info.

EB3
I-140 -04/2002
P3-STL-06/20/2002
P3-RFE- 07/29 (spouse visa docs)
Interview-10/24

I had sent in all originals in P3 along with a letter of employment (not notorized). Now in P4 it asks to bring along a letter no later than 12 months if not sent in P3.

Company lawyer feels there is no need to take another letter. Is it okay to attend the interview without a new letter? Company follows lawyers advise.

Please give me some input.

thanks

You definitely need a new letter, specially because your first letter was not even notarized. I was specifically asked for it.

Employment Letter and Good Place to Convert Money

Hi, All
I just got my hands on the notarized employment letter. Everything looks fine except there is no embossed seal of the Public Notary. I talked with my lawyer and she said there are various types of notarization and for immigration purposes, notary's stamp is sufficient. She said that submitted in P3 also did not have an embossed seal. I'm kind of buying her 'various types' arguement. But I really want to know what you think about it?

Additionally, do you know a good place in downtown area to convert the money, especially for late hours. We may reach Montreal at 5 or 6 pm at earliest and we have the medical scheduled 8:30 am next morning. You know the doctor only want cash in $Cd.

Thanks for your help.

November interviews

Called the NVC today enquiring about dates for Nov. interviews (we have been told to expect it in Nov.). NVC indicated that date schedules for Nov. will be available after the 11th-14th of October and to call back then.

Re- Canadian Landed Immigrant

I am a Canadian Landed Immigrant. After becoming a landed immigrant, I stayed in Canada for only two weeks and moved to US. Since then, I am working in US on H1B visa. I visted Canada two or three times in five years. Can I file for CP at Montreal?. I read somewhere that one need to live in Canada for minimum of six months to be eligible for CP in Canada. Is it true?

You no longer are a Canadian Landed Immigrant technically - in fact, it may even be fraudulent to represent that status or claim that when entering Canada. To maintain Landed Immigrant status, you have to be resident in Canada 6 months in any 12 month period. That is the reason for the 6 month minimum live-in period in Canada - to make sure that the Montreal CP facility is indeed offered only to 'real' Canadian residents (and citizens, of course).

At least, now you know you have toilet paper for the next time you need to go....;)