Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

Hi, sue999000

Is your review done?

My Chinese friend who did CP in China told me that the preclearance in China takes one week less than two months in present time.

From your old posts, I guess you originated from a country similar to China. Since your paper review was done on May 24th, your preclearance should be done next week( if there is no extra problem).

Please post all your experience here to share. I am waiting for the p3 review done, too. Guess only can get Oct. interview as earliest.

Don't forget to post your interview experience here. Since we are not white Canadian, the interview must be harsh to us.

fee for CP

Dear Friends:
My AC I140 was rec'd at NVC 5/15 and they routed may case to the consulate in my cntry of brth, after submitting (and re-submittingx4)additional papers, finally on 7/2 they have issued a new MTL case number. Any idea how long it will take before I'll recieve the pkt3 and at this very preliminary stage when can I expect an interview. I'll appreciate any replies.

P4 received, have questions!

Folks,
I received my packet 4, and have some questions, highlighted in capital letters for convenience.

The list of documents required is similar to the form letter for packet 3. it specifically reads,
You must bring originals of all documents to your visa interview, including those that have not been submitted to NVC. If you have not provided tax information for the most recent tax filing year (tax returns, W-2's and/or schedules), you must bring them to the visa interview.

I submitted originals of documents, MC, BC, PCC, as well as I-134 and notarized letter from employer. With regards to tax,

Tax documents:
QUESTION
Does the above statement mean that I need information only for tax year 2001 (copy of tax return, W-2's. what does schedules mean?)?

Affidavit of support:
I sent an I-134 for my wife, but none for my US citizen daughter in P3. there is no mention of my I-134 anywhere in P4.., obviously this is a form letter. I am planning to take a fresh I-134 for my wife.
QUESTION
Do I need to take an I-134 for my daughter as well?
I included my salary on the I-134 and attached a letter from my employer with the I-134.
QUESTION: Do we need to add bank savings, etc., to the I-134 for an employment-based petition. What is the minimum salary etc., that needs to be shown for I-134.

Dr. Sieden's office in Toronto asked for only one photograph each. The consulate requires two in a ¾ frontal view.

Thanks for your answers.
pkv2

Thanks Najib

Najib,
thanks for your reply. could you post when you look at your P4 what they asked you....i am sure its a standard form letter.

yes, i did get some pages with a lot of numbers from the local IRS office, which they stamped. i wonder if that is the transcripts...they stamped it with their IRS local office stamp. anyway, i requested transcripts by filling form IRS 4506 from the photocopy unit of IRS.

ANY COMMENTS about the I-134's's question that i posted? Brian and others must be off today:)))
best regards, pkv2

I-134

I provided an I-134 for my US-born daughter with my P3. The issue of the I-134 never came up at the interview. Brian.

P4 documents are black and white

Najib,
the P4 document is a regular black and white...not colored. the envelope it came in is blue and white but other than that, it looks like a regular photocopy.

Thanks for putting together a great list...beats going back to old posts and searching for lists.

P4 documents are black and white

Najib,
the P4 document is a regular black and white...not colored. the envelope it came in is blue and white but other than that, it looks like a regular photocopy.

Thanks for putting together a great list...beats going back to old posts and searching for lists.

Stuff

Montreal lets you bring in bags. They get X-rayed. You can't bring in electronics or food. They have a soda machine but no coffee. Brian.

Water

The Montreal consulate did let me bring in a bottle of water. But no electronics - I had cleared my bag of my cell phone and palm before going to the consulate, but I had a AAA battery hidden in the recesses of my bag. I had to find it and check it at the door!

IV Pick-up and W2s? Please reply.

1. Do they ask for W2s or would tax transcripts suffice, and what would be the purpose to ask for W2s (if the job is for future)?

2. If we get IV do we get it right away or (like Mumbai consulate) come back around 4pm to collect it?

Please reply, lots of anxiety. Thank u in advance.

Re: IV Pick-up and W2s? Please reply.

Originally posted by n1shah
1. Do they ask for W2s or would tax transcripts suffice, and what would be the purpose to ask for W2s (if the job is for future)?

2. If we get IV do we get it right away or (like Mumbai consulate) come back around 4pm to collect it?

Please reply, lots of anxiety. Thank u in advance.

1. I was not asked for W2s or tax transcripts

2. You get it right away.

Brian

question for employment-based MTL CP-ers, I-134

Hello Employment-based experienced MTL-Cpers who had petitions where employer was petitioner, and who had spouses or children,

I guess my question about I-134 questions will not be over until we have completed the IV interviewJ Sorry!
Morgan, I think your case was employment-based, right with a I-134 for your spouse? could you also reply.

My case is an E1-employment based application. I submitted my notarized employment letter and an I-134 Affidavit of support for my wife. They did not ask for it specifically in P3.

In Packet 4 documents…in the general form letter, they only ask for affidavit of support. I am planning to take another I-134 for my wife, as well as one for my US born daughter (as suggested by Brian in an earlier post).

QUESTION:
I included my salary in the I-134. do I need to show bank savings etc., in the I-134??
I will be taking a bank statement showing the current balance and deposits in the last 1 year.

Will that suffice? Just worried that's all. What is the minimum salary/funds that is required. Of course, my salary is the same or slightly increased since my P3 submission.
Najib: does your P4 say anything specifically about I-134 or so.
Tax: does your P4 also ask for the tax documents of the last filing year.?
Thanks for your suggestions,
pkv2

Take a deep breath...

Pkv2, you need to relax a little bit.. :cool:

You are correct, mine was employment based (EB3) with an I-134 for my husband. My lawyer told me that I only needed to fill in my salary and that the questions about bank accounts, etc. applied to family based applicants.

I only listed my salary, did not list other assets and I did not bring any bank statements. I had tax returns and pay stubs with me, but was not asked for them. My packet 4 asked for tax returns and W2 for the last 3 years.

I don't know if there is a minimum salary requirement, but my sense is that if your I-140 has been approved then your salary will be sufficient.

Thanks Morgan, Najib

Thanks for your immediate mails. I won't worry too much.

I also found my 99 tax forms and W-2's which i had misplaced.

i am planning to carry my copies of the last three years tax forms and W-2's alongwith the tax transcripts that i have requested.

thanks again,
pkv2

POE-Toronto-any comments

Najib,
my interview is at 8.30 AM on August 19th. i am sure that we will be meeting at the consulate. isn't your interview at 9.30 AM.

I am actually flying out of Toronto. i will be coming back to Toronto from Montreal on the evening of 19th, and flying out of Toronto after visiting family there.

any experienced MTL-CPers have comments on the process at Toronto Intl. airport?
best regards,
pkv2

NVC finally asked visa # for my case

Called this morning and was told they've sent out report requesting visa# for my case. Finally!!! And I'll know the result the second week of August.
cajk2, your case will come through soon. Hang in there.