Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

Oh_Canada said:
Hello -

I don't know much, so your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

The NVC says that my case is completed, as of March 7. However I have not got any packet 4. I have applied for consular processing in Montreal.

What does case completed mean? Is my application approved?
By when can I expect the interview?

Thanks

O_C

Case complete means that your file has been approved and it just waits in queue for the interview. You will have to see the visa bulletin to see where ur case stands.

For e.g. in my case, my file was closed in September, 2005. I had filed for GC in November, 2004 through counsalar processing (Montreal). In April bulletin, my case is current, so hopefully my interview should come in April.

THx.

AJ

Thanks.

I am EB2, India-born but will be availing of cross-chargeability since my wife was born outside of India. Do I have to specially tell them about this? I'm assuming my lawyer would have done the needful, but I don't know for sure

Oh_Canada said:
Thanks.

I am EB2, India-born but will be availing of cross-chargeability since my wife was born outside of India. Do I have to specially tell them about this? I'm assuming my lawyer would have done the needful, but I don't know for sure

I am not sure about that. I guess your lawyer must have taken care of it.

Time for interview date - Montreal (CP)!

My status is current as per April newsletter. Can somebody tell me when can I expect to receive my interview letter?

Thx.

AJ

hi there do u know if they ask any questions in the interview about your current job (i mean outside theU.S) ?
Does it matter if u get laid off ??
thanks

daniella said:
hi there do u know if they ask any questions in the interview about your current job (i mean outside theU.S) ?
Does it matter if u get laid off ??
thanks

If your employer has sponsored you then yes, they most probably will do. I haven't got my interview yet, but reading about it indicates that that yes they do.

Can anybody answer??

:rolleyes: Hi there :) thanks for the reply , just another question : did anyone of u filed I-485 for consular processing??or is this just for adjustment of status in the U.S ??

The other question is : is anybody else here who has approved I-140 ?
What's the next step after approval ?
How long does it take from approval to interview ??
Please give your info
thanks

daniella said:
:rolleyes: Hi there :) thanks for the reply , just another question : did anyone of u filed I-485 for consular processing??or is this just for adjustment of status in the U.S ??

The other question is : is anybody else here who has approved I-140 ?
What's the next step after approval ?
How long does it take from approval to interview ??
Please give your info
thanks

for counsular processing u don't need I485. Your status is adjusted immideately after u get ur GC.

Once ur I140 is approved, u wait till u rcase is completed, and then wait again till ur case becomes current. In my case, my I140 was approved in feb 2005 and file closed in sep 2005, my case became current this mth. I am EB1, Ind born.

thx.

AJ

hey

thanks again , very helpful.But how do u know if your case is complete or current , is there any website like USCIS>GOV to check the status??
Dont u need to file any form ? do u recieve any package??
sorry for asking too much ;)

daniella said:
thanks again , very helpful.But how do u know if your case is complete or current , is there any website like USCIS>GOV to check the status??
Dont u need to file any form ? do u recieve any package??
sorry for asking too much ;)

Well, my lawyer told me. I think on your I-140 approval notice there is a number of National Visa center (NVC), which you can call after 90 days of approval. BTW the number of NVC is 603-334-0700.

Hope it helps.

AJ

Complicated Case

I came to US on Visitor Visa & overstayed .Then got married to US citizen & also got Canadain Immigration & move to Canada in 2003.Now I applied for US immigration.
Am I subject to 10yr bar?
I have a US citizen son & wife.Can I get the waiver because of that.
I just sent the DS 230 form & expecting interview at Montreal soon. Please help me as I am very nervous
Thanks
Fiqa

Fiqa said:
I came to US on Visitor Visa & overstayed .Then got married to US citizen & also got Canadain Immigration & move to Canada in 2003.Now I applied for US immigration.
Am I subject to 10yr bar?
I have a US citizen son & wife.Can I get the waiver because of that.
I just sent the DS 230 form & expecting interview at Montreal soon. Please help me as I am very nervous
Thanks
Fiqa

It depends on how long you overstayed. You should seek advice from a good attorney before going for interview.

I have a question and was hoping someone could help.

Can a CP get denied due to unauthorized employment by the spouse?
I worked briefly (2 months) in 1998 while being a "undocumented B-1 visitor" (since I am a Canadian citizen). My wife's company is applying for her green card and I am wondering if my unauthorized employment is going to create a problem? Do the consular officers have access to SSA and IRS information and would they be able to see my earnings in 1998?

All the posts I have read so far mention tax returns and so forth for the primary beneficary and only for ~5 years or from when they started work. So I am not sure if this will be an issue?

Can anyone please help ?

kid4life said:
I have a question and was hoping someone could help.

Can a CP get denied due to unauthorized employment by the spouse?
I worked briefly (2 months) in 1998 while being a "undocumented B-1 visitor" (since I am a Canadian citizen). My wife's company is applying for her green card and I am wondering if my unauthorized employment is going to create a problem? Do the consular officers have access to SSA and IRS information and would they be able to see my earnings in 1998?

All the posts I have read so far mention tax returns and so forth for the primary beneficary and only for ~5 years or from when they started work. So I am not sure if this will be an issue?

Who knows about CP location? Please come in.

Dose Anyone knows if an international student with study permit in Canada can select Canada instead of his home country as his CP review location?

Has anyone interviewed in Montreal lately (or will be interviewed soon?) Now that Eb-3 ROW is moving, I'm current in October--hoping for a December interview.

I assume the experience is more or less the same as it was a year or two ago, but any advice or updates would be appreciated.

Anybody done CP recently?

JUst got EB2 LC approved recently. HAve filed for 140 premium processing (mailed out on oct 2) Expecting approval sometime this or next week. Have requested CP. Can anyone share their experience regarding CP?

1) How much time on avg for NVC to finish their paperwork and approve the case?

2) what happens after that? How much more time to final interview date?

Any response will be greatly appreciated.

Very_Hopeful said:
JUst got EB2 LC approved recently. HAve filed for 140 premium processing (mailed out on oct 2) Expecting approval sometime this or next week. Have requested CP. Can anyone share their experience regarding CP?

1) How much time on avg for NVC to finish their paperwork and approve the case?

2) what happens after that? How much more time to final interview date?

Any response will be greatly appreciated.

here is my timeline, hope it helps

blondhenge said:
Has anyone interviewed in Montreal lately (or will be interviewed soon?) Now that Eb-3 ROW is moving, I'm current in October--hoping for a December interview.

I assume the experience is more or less the same as it was a year or two ago, but any advice or updates would be appreciated.

My case has been compleeted on sept.24 and PD IS NOV2001.What do you
think when will be my interview in Montreal.
One more thing i want to ask on sep 23 ,there was a message that your
application is incomplete and PCC is missing,which i already submitted but the second day process b/m complete.Do i need to arrange another PCC from back home or not.

Shehneel