Montreal Interview Tracker: Ara2000, Veteran, Mamba, Berty, Jaks, Dongky, Enduring, James Smith, Kx

I-140 from VSC. AD: 12/27/2001. NVC RD: 01/02/2002. Case Created: 01/15/2002

I-140 from VSC. AD: 12/27/2001. NVC RD: 01/02/2002. Case Created: 01/15/2002. Got this information from NVC operator. AVM not updated yet.

Update

I-140 AD: 12/26/2001
NVC RD: 01/18/2002
NVC IV Case Created: TBD

I got this info. from operator at NVC, AVM not updated yet.

Congratulations!

That is quite encouraging for those who are awaiting case creation. I read on the board a while ago that cases are entered into the computers on Mondays and Tuesdays. Check back with them next week.

Also, please let us know what instructions you receive with "Packet 3" (a.k.a "Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants"). Specifically, do they require originals or certified copies?

Finally, does the AVM ever work? Every time I call and enter my case, I am put in a queue for operator assistance.

No Title

NVC said they issued a request for correction yesterday (1/22/02) and will be mailed to the attorney on record.

Ara2000: what was the correction about?

If you get a friendly operator, you might be able to find out what the correction is about. Alternatively, you could consult your lawyer and have him/her talk to the operator. It may save you a couple of weeks (snail mail time). Could they be asking for originals (certified copies)?

No Title

I called NVC and they said they have three issues
1. Originals of the documents
2. Wife\'s passport expires in two months
3. Police certificate from France where I lived for 10 months

I told her that I don\'t need PC from France since I lived there for less than a year. She said you need it if its more than six months. But I said the instructions that came in the Pkt3 said six months for current residence or country of nationality and one year any country. She went to get the instructions and we read it together on the phone. She told me I\'m absolutely right and let my lawyer draft a letter explaining it. As far as Items 1 and 2, I will mail the originals and my wife\'s passport is renewed in Canada and its on its way.

That\'s bad they want originals.

Looks like we have to take the risk if going CP. BTW, do you know if we can FedEX pkt 3 to the St. Louis provided it is a P.O.Box number? Anybody did that and had no issue?

Thanks.

Update #2

I-140 AD: 12/26/2001

NVC RD: 01/18/2002
NVC IV Case Created: 01/23/2002 (petition entered into the system), I also got my case number from the NVC operator.

Like before, I got this info. from the NVC operator, AVM not updated yet.

NVC P3 review time...

I saw some postings with reviews completed in 2 weeks and some others taking long,how long NVC is taking now for P3 review. If we send our P3 on Feb 5th or 6th, what are the chances that it will be included for April list. I think the review should be complete by Feb 20th to be included in to the April reviews.
Thanks in advance for your help.

review time

No one can say for sure. The official line is 6-8 weeks, but usually they over-estimate (unlike INS). Mine was received at the NVC (New Hampshire) on January 9th and I didn\'t make the January 20th deadline.

James Smith: Review Times & Interview Scheduling

James:
Review times at NVC-NH have varied from a week to six weeks. As indicated in previous posts, St. Louis can take anything from a few days to a month for application fees processing before NVC-NH gets the case. If you send P3 by 2/5, completion of review by 2/20 is possible, but unlikely. Also, please note that interview scheduling is subject to capacity limitations, so review completion by the 20th of month X does not guarantee an interview in month X+2. If consulate numbers are oversubscribed for month X+2, one may get to interview in month X+3. So, a completion by 2/20 may result in an interview in May.

Update

I talked to the NVC today and found out that my packet assessment was completed on Jan 31. So, just over 3 weeks from they received it.

Thanks gcDrone and Enduring....

Thanks gcDrone and Enduring for your information....I think there are very few chnaces for the review completion before 20th unless there are few applications due to few P3s sent in January for the new process waiting confirmation.....I think Montreal is processing very less applications compared to Madrass or Bombay particularly employment based applications are very less with Montreal, thats why we dont see many Montreal CPers here in this chat....

DS 230 Part I....previous visits to US

Canadians visit US quite often and there wont be any stamping as proof of visit. What shall we mention for the question relating to the details of previous visits to US....If we mention all our previous visits to US, do they ask for proof of visit or do they they know how it works for Canadian visitors to US.
Thanks in advance.