Montreal Interview Tracker: Ara2000, Veteran, Mamba, Berty, Jaks, Dongky, Enduring, James Smith, Kx

James Smith: Visitors from Canada

If you are a Canadian citizen or a landed immigrant with citizenship from a commonwealth country, you do not need a visa to enter the US and stay as a visitor. However, you do need a visa to work or study. In DS 230 part I, NVC is more concerned about visits that require a visa (hence the column, "Type of Visa"). For sake of completeness, you may document all your visits by dates or periods of stay. NVC will most likely ignore them, unless there is a pattern or an unusually long period of stay that conflicts with the information that you provided in items #20 (places where you lived for more than six months), #22 (employment history), and #23 (schools attended).

No Title

I just indicated:
From-to: 1986-1998, location - Short trips, shopping, vacations, a type of visa - a visa waiver, A# - N/A.
I also indicated a time frame for my TN, then H1-B, and etc. No questions were asked.

Why they mistakenly sent your case to BMB?

Wondering why your case got first sent to India not Montreal? Are you a Canadian? Have they not understood your last residency was in Canada?

Need your help

Hi Guys,
I am new to this discussion and after looking through it, I found that there are so many people who has knowledge about CP at Montreal. I am also canadian PR landed in canada in 1997. I came to us for further study in 98 and then onwards i am here in US. I keep on visiting canada quite often. I also took RRP from canada, as i was coming to US for further study. I got RRP for 2 years which expired on Dec 2000. Before it\'s expiration I went back to canada and surrender my RRP. Now my questions are

1.I want to go for CP in canada? Am I eligible to go there for CP?

2. I am canadian PR but my wife is on H4 here, so can she accompany me for CP in canada? What kind of visa she will need?

3. If there are any risk area for me to go to canda for CP...please let me know so that i can decide. I am in I140 stage right now and already mentioned Montreal for CP.

I need your help .... please reply me, if you know answers to my questions. I will appreciate your help... :)

Thanks to all of you and good luck to all of you for GC.

Rinku123:

1.I want to go for CP in canada? Am I eligible to go there for CP?

You are eligible to consular process in Canada if you meet one of the following conditions:
- you are a citizen of Canada
- you are a Landed Immigrant in Canada
- Canada was your last country of residence, i.e., you stayed in Canada on a valid visa (e.g., work or study).

In your case, even if your Landed Immigrant status has expired, you could consular process in Canada if you resided in Canada on a valid work / study visa before coming to US. Most likely your Landed Immigrant status is still valid, since it was not explicitly voided.

2. I am canadian PR but my wife is on H4 here, so can she accompany me for CP in canada? What kind of visa she will need?

Yes, she can. She will need a visitor visa. Canadian embassy / consulates in US typically grant a visitor visa to H4 holders that is valid through the duration of H4.

3. If there are any risk area for me to go to canada for CP...please let me know so that i can decide. I am in I140 stage right now and already mentioned Montreal for CP.

Based on the information that you have provided, there is no known risk related to your status in Canada. Please note that while NVC will accept your case for Montreal on grounds of a previous stay in Canada, it does not assure you of an entry into Canada for the consular interview. You have to ensure that you can legally enter Canada for the interview / medical exams. As mentioned before, your LI status is probably still valid. If not, you can always obtain a visitor visa to Canada for your consular interview in Montreal.

Thank You Very Much GcDron

Thanks buddy. Your answers are really help full. I appreciate your help.

As you mentioned here that my LI might be still valid as it is not voided yet. I just had confusion that whenever i get interview and when i try to enter into canada and if immigration officer tell me that my LI is not valid any more.... then is there any way to enter into canada anyway at that time. I mean as i know on border immigration officer can not takeaway anyones landed immigration papers, one has right to enter into canada and file case in court and then only if you can\'t prove validity then only they will take away LI rights. So if that\'s the case then i can definetely be able to enter in canada even if immigration officer might say that my LI is not valid. Can you confirm with me...that whatever knowledge I have about PR rights is true or not? so that i can go ahead and tell my lawyer to proceed for CP to canada... My lawyer is kind of dumb for canadian immigration matters and doesn\'t know anything about Canadian immigration.

I will really appreciate your help...... :)

GC Indian:

If you re-read message #6, you will find that there was no mention of a "review meeting". Instead, the 20th of month refers to the approx date when NVC sends a report to the Department of State in DC. This report contains a list of all candidates (including dependants) whose applications have been successfully reviewed by NVC. DOS uses this report to allocate visa numbers for those candidates, subject to usual limitations. There have been situations where reviews after 20th were included due to availability of visa numbers. There have also been situations where candidates got an interview in month X+3 due to capacity limitations.

In your case, either your review was completed before the 20th of January, or there was a surplus of numbers. Please check the date of review completion with NVC. There are many of us whose case processing followed a similar timeline and are expecting an interview in March.

What you dismiss as speculation is factual information that has been garnered by talking to the NVC operators in the course of case processing by various patrons of this board, and is consistent with operating procedures of other “non alpha” consulates (where the consulate performs case review, submits report to DOS, etc.)

P3 sent to St. Louis....

Here are my details
I-140 AD: 12/28/2001
NVC RD: 01/02/2002
NVC Case Created:01/15/2002
NVC P3 Created & sent: 01/28/2001
P3 received: 01/31/2002
P3 Mailed: 02/13/2002
Consulate: Montreal
Just need to wait and see how the things will go...

20th day month cutoff may be valid

I think gcDrone is correct...if you check the cptracker.com for montreal listings, it reveals the same thing...I also agree with gcDrone that Consulate interviewing capacity my also influence the interview date...

No Title

I agree with gcDrone. There is certainly a repetative trend in terms of the dates (review complete and interview) for all the cases. The 20th of each month fits perfectly. As to where they keep the files till the 20th; they must have lots of filing cabinets!

UPDATE for gcDrone: INT-MTL in second week of March

Fellow Montreal CP’ers, just wanted to let you know that my interview has been scheduled for the second week of March.

Here is my timeline (see my previous posts in this thread for details). I don’t have the exact dates since a law firm is handling all processing.
I140-AD: early November
PK3-YOU: 11/26
PK3-STL: 12/03
STL-NVC: 12/27
NVC-REV: around 1/15
PK4-YOU: 2/13
INT-MTL: second week of March

Did they send the Pk4 to your us address directly or to the law firm?

And I noticed you say interview in second week of March. They did not give out an exact date?

Question for gcDrone re: Medical exams

Have you seen the list of approved doctors for the medical exam? In particular I am interested to know in what cities across Canada they have approved doctors.

Re: UPDATE for gcDrone

Thank you all for your best wishes. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Jiang: they sent Packet 4 to the law firm (attorney on file). I have been traveling a lot and won\'t see it until I go to Canada in early March. Just got a note about the interview being in the second week.

Ara2000 & Attaboy: thanks for your wishes.

James Smith: Don\'t have exact dates for review completion, but I suspect it was by 1/11, since I heard about it on the 15th. (Our law firm manages all interaction with NVC.)

Enduring: The list of doctors was provided by our law firm some time ago, much before my Packet 4. They have doctors in the following places:
BC: Vancouver
Alberta: Calgary & Edmonton
Saskatchewan: Saskatoon, Regina
Manitoba: Winnipeg (2)
Ontario: Toronto (2), London, Ottawa, Windsor
Quebec: Charlesbourg, Montreal (2)
New Foundland: Cornerbrook, St. Johns
Nova Scotia: Halifax
Prince Edward Island: Charlottetown

If you need information about a specific place, let me know. I have been thinking of Howard Seiden & Associates (http://www.panelphysicians.com).

Thanks again, and good luck to everyone.

Doctor in Edmonton

gcDrone, Thanks for the info. I would also appreciate the information on the doctor in Edmonton.

Doctors in Edmonton:

There is only one:

Dr. H. S. Chana
9937 113th St.
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 1N7
780 488 2232 (780 488 3124)