Month of MAY filers, here is your thread

CONGRATULATIONS TNGUY78...
Since my RD is one week apart from you, I am hoping for next week's email :)
thanks for the update.

Congtulations, TNguy78!

Since my ND is ten days before yours and I haven't heard anything on my EAD, I am officially beginning to worry.

Don't worry, I'm on day 77 and no hind of EAD or any other activity either.
My I-130 still hasn't showed up online.

Congtulations, TNguy78!

Since my ND is ten days before yours and I haven't heard anything on my EAD, I am officially beginning to worry.

Same here.
My wife's I-485 and I-765 show up in the online status, but the I-130 does not.
I think someone already said it, the USCIS status page is not really reliable source of information. If it's there, good, otherwise it's fine.

My citizenship application was already approved, and in fact I am a US citizen for few months now, but I checked the online status, still saying "We have received the application on ..bla..bla..bla.."

if you are worried, scheduling infopass appt is an option for you.

I think someone already said it, the USCIS status page is not really reliable source of information. If it's there, good, otherwise it's fine.

In fact I've said that many times before in other threads. I'm not sure why my case got touched while others did not get touched, just lucky I guess.

Unless it's at least 90 days after the RD or ND I'm not sure that an infopass will help much - but that is an option to try.

FYI - My EAD and AP approval notice was 37 days after my FP appt. I was comparing this to someone else that also has the Memphis DO, and they got their EAD approval notice 35 days after their FP appt. Strange thing is I think the EAD's are done at the NBC not at the DO. Go figure...:rolleyes:

USCIS is bound by law to approve work documents within 90 days of submission of a complete application. Ironically this has allowed them to goof off in a way, because so long as they approve the EAD within 90 days, they are within their processing time frame. So, it makes sense that most EADs and APs are approved 60-70 days after initial application and 30-40 days after finger printing.

I had another LUD yesterday - on my I-131. It was just a soft touch I guess as the status did not change. Maybe since the status from the 11th said they were mailing out the approval notice, maybe this LUD was them actually producing the AP?

I'm hoping they arrive soon... and I am thankful that at least there has been some movement in my application.

hi I don't know all the abbreviations but:

May 18th filed and received
June 9th Biometrics done
July 14th Interview Appointment recieved
Aug 19th Interview

hi I don't know all the abbreviations but:

May 18th filed and received
June 9th Biometrics done
July 14th Interview Appointment recieved
Aug 19th Interview

RD – Receipt Date
ND – Notice Date
FP – Fingerprint Appointment
AP – Advanced Parole – Travel Document - I-131
EAD – Employment Authorization Document – I-765
DO – District Office where the interview will take place.

What’s your DO?

RD – Receipt Date
ND – Notice Date
FP – Fingerprint Appointment
AP – Advanced Parole – Travel Document - I-131
EAD – Employment Authorization Document – I-765
DO – District Office where the interview will take place.

What’s your DO?

interview is in Atlanta

Just got an email my EAD approved.

Wow - your RD was 3 days after mine, and you got your EAD approved 3 working days after mine.

Good for you.

Oh - and I had another LUD and a Card Ordered for production e-mail for my EAD.

Wow - your RD was 3 days after mine, and you got your EAD approved 3 working days after mine.

Good for you.

Oh - and I had another LUD and a Card Ordered for production e-mail for my EAD.

Now I am starting to worry.
No notice or anything from USCIS NBC.
My I-130 status is not up.
man... this waiting game sucks.

We got request for more information notice. They are asking for sponsor's W2, 1099 etc. We had submitted all the IRS return forms. Any inputs on what else I could send apart from W2 so this doesn't happen again.

Thanks

We got request for more information notice. They are asking for sponsor's W2, 1099 etc. We had submitted all the IRS return forms. Any inputs on what else I could send apart from W2 so this doesn't happen again.

Thanks

Did you submit copies of your 1040 forms or did you submit copies of IRS transcripts? The IRS transcipts would show what you REALLY filed with the IRS while just copies of your 1040's don't really prove anything. That's probably why they are asking for your W2's, since those were produced by someone else.

I would contact the IRS and get them to fax you your transcripts, then submit those.

We sent the 1040's I think. I don't think I sent the IRS transcripts. I already got those for my naturalization interview. I will just send them over to the INS.

I received my AP in the mail today. :D

Just waiting on my EAD to come in the mail... then my Interview Letter. But at least my case is progressing.

And the effective date on my AP was July 11th, the same day it was approved. Therefore I should be getting my EAD with the same effective date, which is good because my current work authorization is due to expire on July 23rd. Therefore when I receive the EAD, I will have no gaps in authorization.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got another update today...

I-765 - "Approval notice sent"

I got the LUD's that on July 11th, my EAD and AP were approved and I physically received my AP on July 19th. And now today I get the status update that shows my EAD has now been mailed.

No movement on my I-130 since it showed up online and my I-485 has not been updated since my FP appt, but at least my I-131 and I-765 are moving. Just waiting to receive my EAD in hand. :D

Then it's back to the long waiting game for the IL. :rolleyes:

Well... Surprise Surprise.... When I got home today I found that my EAD had arrived in the mail!!!! WooHoo!!!!!

And tomorrow I can take it in to work and give them my continuing authorization - good thing too, because my current authorization expires tomorrow! :D