Money Order for N-400

2BUSCTZN

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
I wanted to get a MO for N400 in the amount of $675 in one check but at the local Publix Supermarket they gave me 2 separate MOs with $500 and another with $175. Is it going to be a problem? Publix said they can not issue a MO larger then $500. Please suggest...advise. Thanks in advance.

Friends,
I wanted to get a MO for N400 in the amount of $675 in one check but at the local Publix Supermarket they gave me 2 separate MOs with $500 and another with $175. Is it going to be a problem? Publix said they can not issue a MO larger then $500. Please suggest...advise. Thanks in advance.

I don't see why it should be a problem as it's the total amount that counts.

No, I am not sending personal checks. I am sending two checks issued by retail store in the amount of $500 and another $175.

I did the same and I got returned complete denied application and money orders are stamped. What it all means ????????

2BUSCTZN:

You may NOT separate the checks as you mentioned. You may either separate the checks as $595 for the N-400 + $80 for Fingerporints fees. Or you may submit one single check for the entire amount of $675.

Also, personal checks are acceptable these days.

Friends,

if i were you, i will cancel the MO and get a new one from a bank or another store -- y to take chance ???

Not true!!! You CAN send two different MO... I've done it several times... What really matters is the total amount....

Convenience stores can but won't make you ONE $675 money order. They only go upto $500 per money order so they can charge you that $.75 cents PER money order. Go to a bank have them make you ONE $675 MO. Only problem is, bank charges $4-$5 per MO. Thats why people go to liquor stores :) Send a personal check if you can. Lot easier to track anyways.

Thanks

Convenience stores can but won't make you ONE $675 money order. They only go upto $500 per money order so they can charge you that $.75 cents PER money order. Go to a bank have them make you ONE $675 MO. Only problem is, bank charges $4-$5 per MO. Thats why people go to liquor stores :) Send a personal check if you can. Lot easier to track anyways.

Thanks

What about USPS money order?

What about USPS money order?

Personally, I have never used USPS MO services so i am not sure about their limit or charges. But if the OP isn't willing to send a personal check, his best bet would be to visit a local bank and have them draw ONE MO for $675 and pay $5 service charge.

Got a USPS money order today for $675, I think the limit for USPS MO is upto $3000. Also USPS only charged $1.50 for the money order.