Mom's tourist visa refused twice in Mumbai consulate

guiltyconscienc

Registered Users (C)
We had applied for my mother's tourist visa twice on april 3rd and april 8th in mumbai.
I had mentioned her status as separated and period of stay as 4-5 months. She was asked if she was divorced and couple of other questions and rejected.
Second time, the agent changed her marital status to married, but she was rejected again.

Will she ever get a tourist visa? i am her only daughter and she is all alone in mumbai and depressed and desperate.

Was she married when she applied the second time? If she wasn't, she lied in her application. Lying on your visa application is a serious disqualification and can result in a permanent bar from obtaining a visa.

thanks for your reply.
she is still married. there is no legal separation involved except that my father is staying in our native place due to family reasons.

they did not question her about the change in status during the second interview.

Now if she appiles again with staus as married will it be a problem?

I think there is a limit to how many times you can apply for a visa in the same category, within a specific period of time - be careful.

For some visa categories it's two strikes, and then you're out for a year, or maybe 3 years?

K

Mom's tourist visa refused twice in Mumbai consulate

I guess they have now eliminated the two year wait restriction and a person refused can reapply any number of times in person.

But it would be nice if people whose visa got approved the third time share their stories with us.
If there are no such cases I guess there is no point in reapplying

It will take me 6 yrs to become a citizen and sponsor her immigration!!! I think that it is really cruel

Maybe..

I am not suggesting this as a sure shot formula, but for ppl who have tried everything and still their parents visa got rejected and who are now desperate enough, they can try this.

Apply for a visa to a third country, like singapore, Japan, Australia any European coutry etc., and have your parents visit that place for some days. (Singapore is a good option, visa is easy to get, its not too expensive to visit, you can accompnay them also if you plan it that way). After this go for US visa.

I know this sounds like a long shot, but as I said, ppl who are desperate enough can try this. A visit (and return from) a foreign land greatly enhances the chances of US visa. You can atleast explore this option, to find out more. Nothing is guranteed but no pain no gain...

From personal exerience I know how depressing a visa refusal can be.

thanks for your suggestion.

i have been thinking of the same thing, maybe singapore or canada
does anybody have experience in these two countries? and will the US twice rejection affect obtaining these visas?

Thanks again

Thanks for your input about canada!
I heard the same too, that you need a sponsor for Canada.

Will my getting a Canadian PR help in anyway?
Is there any alternative anybody else knows about?

Thanks for your input about Canada!
I heard the same too, that you need a sponsor for Canada.

Will my getting Canadian PR help in anyway?
----- if you get Canada PR then you can sponsor your parents for Canada PR after you land in Canada, file the papers with CPC Mississauga, once they approve your parents has to go for medicals and consulate in your country will send them letter for visa stamping once they land in Canada as Canadian PR they will not get Usa visitor visa immediately but if they get any job in Canada they will get the US visitor visa from Canada easily.

ginnu,
Thanks again!!

Will a Canadian PR interfere with US Green Card.

And do I need to show Canadian tax returns to sponsor my mother, after I get Canadian PR?

Thanks
Padma