Mom's Passport name issues

WhyThisDelay

Registered Users (C)
My mom has a 10 year visitor visa since 2008, but never visited US. I am thinking of buying air-ticket for her. My concern is names in her passport/visa.

Let's say her name in old passport was 'Sudesh Kumari', but all her other docs (ration card, election card etc) have her name as 'Sudesh Garg'. When I sent her the visa docs, I mentioned her name to be 'Sudesh Kumari Garg'. That passport expired sometime in 2009 and in the renewed passport her name is now 'Sudesh Garg'. The passport also says on some page that name was changed from 'Sudesh Kumari' to 'Sudesh Garg'.

My dilemma is what should I mention the traveller's name to be when buying the air-ticket? Should I mention it to be 'Sudesh Kumari Garg' (her name on her visa stamp which is there in old passport) or just 'Sudesh Garg' (her name on new passport along with note that it changed from old name). She has never been to an airport before, and I dont want her to land in trouble due to this naming issue.

Any advice from experts or people with similar experiences is much appreciated.

Since the first and last names match, the presence or absense of the middle name does not matter.

My dilemma is what should I mention the traveller's name to be when buying the air-ticket? Should I mention it to be 'Sudesh Kumari Garg' (her name on her visa stamp which is there in old passport) or just 'Sudesh Garg' (her name on new passport along with note that it changed from old name). She has never been to an airport before, and I dont want her to land in trouble due to this naming issue.

I don't have any idea about it, not i have any experience. Because i am the permanent citizen of my country. I think my country is best. Never go any where.