MO ( National record center ) Transfer ppl

wwossen

Registered Users (C)
My on line case status has been updated to:

My ND and RD was 03/2002

Current Status:

On September 10, 2003, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Are you any of you guys like whatishapning got the same message?

Please advice.

Wondwossen

I wish I had.

It's still the same. And I haven't got my EAD renewal approved in 90 days. I'm very frustrated and tired.

kdm

It's still the same:

What is your case status online? Is that changed or is it the same as before ? " ... Transfered to another BCIS location ......

Regards

Interesting....mine also remains same...may be they have started processing your case..or assigned your case to the IIO...it will be interesting to hear more from others...what they say..

Hello Friend

Did you contact your senator to get the application back??

whatshappening

No but I wrote an enquiry letter to BCIS sometime in June other than that I was wondering where my file was. I don't know if this is good news but it is better than having not known where my file was. I will update you on my status as soon as I heard from BCIS. What about you any change so far?

andy2000

I wish they assigned it to IIO and get out of this mess where there is no light or hope.

The thing is we are waiting so much as if we are getting to the land where there is only honey and milk even we don't know what will happen tomorrow to let us think what we get through to reach that point.

They say Tomorrow never comes but we are waiting for tomorrow to come and pass by us.

I hope this wait and suffering bring some comfort and success to us in the near future.

Regards,

Congrat! Bottomline is that you located your case and put down a timeline.

My case status still remains the same : on April 17. .... transferred to MO blah blah'. Hopefully it can be sent back to Nebraska soon.

WWOSSEN,

Whed did they transfer your case to MO? Mine happened on April 17. I think you are in MI too, right?

When did they transfer your case to MO?

On the same day April 17, 2003

I think you are in MI too, right?

Yes I am from MI.

I think it was a mistake by someone In NSC. If I remember I was adding my new born baby application to my pending I485 case sometime in Feb 2003. May be they pull out my file to update my case and put it in the to MO mail box where they save records for future use. Did anyone of you done any change on your pending cases during the first three months of 2003?

I didnot do anything during Jan. to Mar 2003. My lawyer told me BCIS is conducting a kind of security check, that's the reason they transferred my case. What a good reason!

Also transferred to MO

My case was also transferred to MO. My lawyer asked what was going on and they gave the same schpiel that it was for a security check - yaddayadda.

I wonder if a letter might be counter-productive?

Wwossen, sorry for responding you late.
I haven’t heard anything back from NSC but at least I am satified it is at the right place. I’ll let you guys know of any future update to my case.
Take care

whatshappening

I talked to BCIS customer service today and I have a question for you. When they updated your case status did they change the received date? Mine changed to September 10,2003 my original received date was March 26,2002. The customer service rep told me that I have to write a letter to Nebraska stating that my case status received date is different than the original received date.

Your file was returned to NSC?

Hi wwossen:

I am a little confused. It seems to me that your case was finally transferred back to NSC from MO (National Records Center). If that is the case, congratualations!!

My I-485 case was transferred to MO on April 17, 2003. I wrote a letter to my local Senator, Dick Durbin (IL) on the matter. It turned out to be a good experience. They are very helpful. According to them, they have requested the BCIS return my file to NSC. I wrote to NSC as well and got a reply, saying the applications are in their office. But since my receipt date is Aug 16, 2002 they are not ready to work on it yet. I got the reply at the end of last month, but my online status has not updated yet, the same as before. Like "On April 17, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to another BCIS office for processing. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete."

My question for you is: how long did it take the online system to update your status after you were aware your case has returned to NSC?

Thank you,
motransfer

How long did it take the online system to update your status after you were aware your case has returned to NSC?

Five months.

My case also transferred to MO on April 17,2003 and my online case status updated on Sep 10,2003.

But on the updated case status the received date changed to Sep 10,2003 my original RD was March 2002. I called BCIS to ask the reason behind this Sep RD and the customer REP told me to write a letter to Nebraska to correct it to the old RD, which is March 2002. I know the customer services have no Idea what the rules of I485 and how BCIS handling such case but she told me that they will not help me if incase my I485 passed the 24 month processing time. Since my new RD is Sep 2003 for them to issue an inquiry on my case the RD must be well over 24 month.

MO (National record center) Transfer Buddies

2nd FP issued

ND March, 2002
I received a letter to do my second FP for Oct 15, 2003. I am planing to do it tomorrow.

Can I do my FP before oct 15,2003?

First FP done June 20,2002 and after exactly 15 months I got the second FP notice.

whatshappening

Have you done your 2nd FP?

Regards

Mine was done in late July. You see, I told you NSC knows your actual RD.

You can try to go there for FP before the scheduled day and I saw sometime people succeed in doing so.

Good luck

Hi, you all,

Mine was transfered to National record center on April 2003. Did National Record center send a letter/notice to inform you that the case was received at the office? I didn't. It looks that I couldn't locate where my application is. From you guys' message, it seems that it is a mistake conducted by Nebraska. Will our cases have to be sent back to Nebraska to process? Or National record center will process it? If we want to write letter to BCIS, which office shall we contact, Nebraska or National Record Center? Does everyone write a letter to local senator for help, like motransfer did?

wwossen, from your online case status, you mean that your application is at National record center, don't you?

BTW, what does IIO mean?

Regards,
Laoyun

Laoyun

Will our cases have to be sent back to Nebraska to process?

From what I understand YES Nebraska has to get the file back. Either it was a mistake to send it to National record center or for security check (Name check this is a new criteria I gauss it is random), my file is back in line in Nebraska office on Sep 10,2003.

Or National record center will process it?

I don’t think National record center do process cases. It is a center to save records for future use after the process is complete. I might be wrong on this one.

If we want to write letter to BCIS, which office shall we contact, Nebraska or National Record Center?

I wrote a letter for both but no one respond it.

Does everyone write a letter to local senator for help, like motransfer did?

I didn’t

I don’t even know who the senator is for my sub division I will try to know them when I decide to become US citizen after 10 years ( ha ha ha ).

Wwossen, from your online case status, you mean that your application is at National record center, don't you?

No it is Nebraska. I applied my second EID and AP and get approved from Nebraska. Recently I received a notice for second FP from Nebraska and that tells me my file is some where in storage collecting dust.

BTW, what does IIO mean?

Sorry I meant IO (Immigration officer)

If you would like to write a letter you can find it in BCIS web-site. You have to send your letter to General inquiry department. With your letter include your copy of old I485 and the transfer notice that you received from Nebraska and ask for case inquiry.

Note follow the format in BCIS web-site. How to contact us by letter.

BTW what is your RD