Mistakenly included a 1099-NEC in past tax records before filing I-485

Giantcapybara

Hi all,

I'm preparing to file my I-485 next month and this tax issue has been haunting me for a long time. Here's the situation:
I'm an F1 student for the entire time and have stayed in the US since 2020.
I won an award (sponsored by a company in the US) in 2021 and got a few thousand dollars in cash prize (No employment or work, just an award).
After reporting my SSN and other info to the organizers, I got a tax form from them. However, that tax form was a 1099-NEC and I did not know that I was supposed to get a 1099-MISC. I first reported my 2021 tax using the 1099-NEC. However, later I realized that an F1 student should not have received such a form. I told the organizers to change the form to a 1099-MISC and they did so.
After that, IRS accepted my tax return since the total amount of tax that I paid was correct. However, my tax transcript still has my initial submission record (a 1099-NEC and a Schedule C). On the other hand, there's another IRS record that shows the changes that the organizers made (1099-NEC form -1 and 1099-MISC form +1).

I wonder if this is going to be an issue for my I-485 (especially in an interview). If you could give me some advice, it would be great!
Thank you!

I believe issuer of 1099 corrected from 1099-NEC to 1099-MISC. If this issue comes up, explain to USCIS. I don't think prize $ should have gone to Sch C. It should have simply other income not subject to SS taxes. May be you should file amended 1040 to fix this.