Mistaken Identity with multiple A#

proteinpeptide

Registered Users (C)
I got my 140 approved back in 2006 (PD 09/2005, EB2, India). I485 filed in 07/2007. I got A# assigned when I140 got approved and used this A# to file I485. I485 receipt also shows same A# as I140 approval. FP and Biometrics done using this A# (call this 1st A#) and I485 receipt # in 2007.

After two years (in 2009) got notice for FP and saw that I485 receipt number is same but A# was changed (call this 2nd A#).

Opened SR in 07/2010 (PD current), got response saying that new A# is assigned. Call this as 3rd A#.

Took infopass in 07/2010 and showed SR response. Officer told me that 1st A# that was assigned to me belonged to other guy with same first and last name (though middle name, mother's name, dob was different). Officer said the 3rd A# is current and I should use that for future filings.

After this I had few SR opened and few infopass. No useful information. Last SR (they asked for I485 receipt number) response showed 1st A# associated with my I-485 receipt number. I took infopass and officer was not helpful.

Any suggestions? Online search tells me that these kinds of cases take years to resolve. Seems true as new I485 inventory shows that 1100 I485 EB2 indian cases filed in 09/2005 are approved and only ~70 left (I'm one of these unfortunate souls).

If you have any suggestions, I will appreciate it.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my 140 approved back in 2006 (PD 09/2005, EB2, India). I485 filed in 07/2007. I got A# assigned when I140 got approved and used this A# to file I485. I485 receipt also shows same A# as I140 approval. FP and Biometrics done using this A# (call this 1st A#) and I485 receipt # in 2007.

After two years (in 2009) got notice for FP and saw that I485 receipt number is same but A# was changed (call this 2nd A#).

Opened SR in 07/2010 (PD current), got response saying that new A# is assigned. Call this as 3rd A#.

Took infopass in 07/2010 and showed SR response. Officer was very nice and worked on my case for 30 mins. Told me that 1st A# that was assigned to me belonged to other guy with same first and last name (though middle name, mother's name, dob was different). Same POE date but different airports. Officer said the 3rd A# is current and I should use that for future filings.

After this I had few SR opened and few infopass. No useful information. Last SR (they asked for I485 receipt number) response showed 1st A# associated with my I-485 receipt number. I took infopass and officer was not helpful.

I do not know what to do? Any suggestions? Online search tells me that these kinds of cases take years to resolve. Seems true as new I485 inventory shows that 1100 I485 EB2 indian cases filed in 09/2005 are approved and only ~70 left (I'm one of these unfortunate souls).

If you have any suggestions, I will appreciate it.

Thanks.

When you took infopass did you talk to supervisor? if not again take infopass and take all your documents and talk to supervisor

1. Write to the service center director (where I-485 is pending) with all your details and attach the copy of each document you have. Send it with certified return receipt

2 Contact the CIS Ombudsman.

CIS Ombudsman encouraged anyone with an unusual experience regarding her/his case to submit DHS Form 7001, with specific case information
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/cisomb_dhsform7001.pdf

3 contact your senator office and your congressman office . provide full details of your case to them and any copy of documents from USCIS like I-140 copy ,I-485 filing receipt or any communication from USCIS related to your case

Do all of the above and update us for your case

Your PD has been current for months, and your I-485 has been pending for more than 3 years. If the steps ginnu described don't result in your GC approval in the next 3 months, prepare to file WOM.

Update with the case:

I sent an email to Senator's office. Got a response back after a month suggesting that someone is examining my case at USCIS. After that I got a notice for FP (with 3rd A#). After FP, USCIS sent me a welcome notice and GC.

I would like to thank all the moderators, volunteers, and users for their help. You guys are terrific and providing an invaluable service to community.

I have a pending AP. What will happen to that? My employer told me (after I gave them copy of GC) they will withdraw my H1B. What does that mean?

Thanks.