• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Mistake in entry

yvettezhang

I made a mistake in entry, putting the wrong year of birth, and submitted it. I actually found out the mistake and resubmitted another entry with the right information. Then I realized that this could be taken as duplicate entries. Am I right? Does this mean I'm ineligible in 2020 DV?

Hi, I have similar problem i wrong the year, I just wrote 1889 instead 1989 I hope they can understand that is a digit mistake. Have you guys done the same mistake?what do you think I can be disqualified? Thanks for the answer! :)

guys i need your advice. me and my sister entered the 2020 draw. Now we have our cousin who lives in the US. He entered for her last year and he has done so this year and mistakenly used my our niece's photo. could my sisters entry be termed as a double entry? NB(he wasnt aware that she had already entered the draw). All the info in the two entries is the same except for the photo.

guys i need your advice. me and my sister entered the 2020 draw. Now we have our cousin who lives in the US. He entered for her last year and he has done so this year and mistakenly used my our niece's photo. could my sisters entry be termed as a double entry? NB(he wasnt aware that she had already entered the draw). All the info in the two entries is the same except for the photo.

So there were two entries for your sister, so pretty obviously that means disqualification.

I have a question concerning the entry forms for DV 2020 which I have submitted for myself and my husband. I fiilled the forms and I pressed the submit button, however every time I did that I lost the internet connection and on screen there was the statement ERR_CONNECTION_RESET,so Ifilled again and resent it and then at last there was the statement ''The information submitted has not been accepted because it matches a previous entry in our records''. But I did not get any confirmation number . So I am very concerned about it. Did I apply more than one time and if so how can I cancel it . Since many years I take part in greencard lottery but this has never happened to me. Probably it was due to the connection or my computer of which I am not very competent. But I think my application has not been taken because I was did not get the submission confirmation.
For any reply to my question I will be really grateful .

If I were you, I’d just wait until May. If you can/can’t recover your CN, when the status check opens for DV2020, then you’d know if your application went through or not.