Mistake in application form

AndyStar

Registered Users (C)
N-400 requires to list all other names used. It looks like I mispelled one character in my first name. I actually have not used this other name. It was just in one of my previous passports (that expired many years ago) when our consulate started varying our last/first names spellings. Just in case, I listed the variant with a different spelling of my last name and by mistake put the current (legal) variant of my first name which is one character different from my "other" first name. Do you think I should send an amendment or just wait for an interview and then report the issue?
Thank you.

Yes, I submitted my application. It is kind of strange to make such the mistakes taking into account the fact that I was reviewing my application for about a week before sending.
As far as I remember some of the posts on this forum, some applicants do make mistakes in their forms and correct them at the interview.

This is nothing. Hear me out...I made a blunder with my A# in each pages and all supporting docs. Like you, I freaked out and came tumbling to this forum. Good guy like Bobsmyth was first to tell me not to worry about it and as a backup I corrected the application and printed it out for the day of interview. To my surprise when I received my Letters from USCIS, in each letters USCIS has corrected my A#. So, misspelling a single char in your name should not be any issue....these are human error unintetionally done. So, be proactive, make changes to N-400 and have it ready so that on your interview day you can bring this up to the officer and present him with the corrected application. This is exactly what I am going to do. Hope this helps!!

You can correct it at the interview.
Yes, but in this case because it is a name being corrected, they will do another name check after the interview, which could delay the oath by several months. So if it possible (I don't know how) to correct it before the interview, that would be preferable.

How can I do it before an interview? Is there any procedure?
As far as I understand, when name check is conducted they try different spellings of first/last names close to the original ones.

I don't know of a procedure but a simple letter to USCIS wouldn't hurt explaining what happened.