Missed PR Card Pick up date Toronto? Read the recent Info

ginnu

Registered Users (C)
Missed PR Card Pick up date Toronto? Read the recent Info

My friend picked up PR card from Toronto on Saturday 4th October.
Here is his experience I post it for others:

1 he missed his first PR card pick up appointment and also missed his second PR Card pick up appointment. He called up his friend in Toronto and his friend confirmed that one could pick up the PR card on any Saturday if missed the previous appointment to get PR card pick up date.
2 My friend reached Toronto Friday evening from US and Saturday morning 9AM went to the PR card distribution Center address: 55 St. Clair Avenue EAST,5th floor, this office is in downtown Toronto. He told that at 9 AM about 70 people were in line and he was out with PR card in hand with in 10 minutes. He said that they have 12 counters open and processing is very fast. They ONLY need passport and Landing paper and have written on the board that “ keep Passport and Landing paper and letter in hand” they don’t ask for any other ID like Canada driving license or health card. Show the letter they sent and show the PP and show the landing paper then the CIC agent just checks the Commuter system with your name and DOB and asks you to sign on the letter and provides you your PR card in the envelope and asks you to check the PR card if that has correct info. Once you check the card they ask if every info is correct if you say it is correct then they stamp your Landing paper with stamp” Not valid for travel” and tell you to keep your Landing paper at safe place at home because you will need that when you apply for Canada citizenship and Pension plan.

My friend also informed that now on Saturday and other 3 days one can pick up the PR card if missed the Pick up date he forget what are other 3 days but remembers that it is morning 8 AM to 12 PM time for these people. Now they are sending new letter with PR card pick up letter a Yellow color Paper that has other days info when one can pick up the card if not able to go on scheduled date. He also told that he met a person who got the PR card pick up letter and his pick up date is 8th October, he just showed the letter and collected the card, no questions asked.

CIC not asking for Secondary ID ??

Hi Gunnu,
Does that mean CIC is not asking for any secondary photo ID?
I am planning to visit Toronto this friday for G1 written exam (Me and my wife) As I stayed in Canda only for 2 weeks and for last 2 years working in USA I don't have any sort of Canadian Photo ID?
Also I don't want to exchange my USA driving licence ..so planning to use G1 driving licence as secondary photo ID
If CIC is not looking for secondary card then I'll be very much relieved..
but is it trure for only CIC,Toronto?I used my friends address in Mississsuaga .Will it be under Toronto then?
I applied for the card on Aug 21 ...could I receive call letter before End November?
Will appreciate your help

Hi Gunnu,
Does that mean CIC is not asking for any secondary photo ID?
---- NO they don’t ask
I am planning to visit Toronto this friday for G1 written exam (Me and my wife) As I stayed in Canada only for 2 weeks and for last 2 years working in USA I don't have any sort of Canadian Photo ID?
--------NO problem if you go to pick up PT card they just need your Passport and landing paper
Also I don't want to exchange my USA driving licence ..so planning to use G1 driving license as secondary photo ID
---- Not needed if you are getting DL just to pick up PR Card
If CIC is not looking for secondary card then I'll be very much relieved..
----- Relax!! They don’t have the time and don’t ask for any secondary ID to pick up the PR Card
but is it true for only CIC,Toronto?
---- The above info is related to Toronto CIC office and I don’t know about other places
I used my friends address in Mississsuaga .Will it be under Toronto then?
----- YES, it is under Toronto; you have to pick up PR card from downtown Toronto Address 55 St.Clair Avenue East ,Toronto. 20-25 minutes drive from Mississauga.

I applied for the card on Aug 21 ...could I receive call letter before End November?
-------I hope you will receive the first letter to pick up the card before November because most of the people in Canada have received the PR cards and rush has decreased
Will appreciate your help

PR card pick up date

Hi Ginnu,
Thank you so much for your quick reply
Another two questions regarding PR card pick up date
(1) Myself, my wife and son applied at the same day can CIC send letter with a different pick up date for me and my family?
My understanding was because of initial rush CIC couldn't combine all family member's date together but because there is no more rush now could CIC send one common pick up date for entire family?
Actually I want to avoid multiple visit from USA to Canada and for a different date I can plan to visit at any later date(saturday) to pick up PR card for the whole family
(2) Is there any other CIC PR card pick up centre for Mississuage area?I want to understand that I will be picking up the card only from Toronto CIC
Will appreciate your feedback
Ani

Last edited by a moderator:
Another two questions regarding PR card pick up date
(1) myself, my wife and son applied at the same day can CIC send letter with a different pick up date for my family and me?

---- In the past CIC was sending different dates for family members and do the same now, many family member could not go to pick up the cards on different dates and that is the reason CIC now will give all the family members the PR card if they visit CIC office on any Saturday after they all have received pick up card letter. Many complained to CIC that they cant leave work to pick up the Card, that is the reason now most of the people go on Saturday
My understanding was because of initial rush CIC couldn't combine all family member's date together but because there is no more rush now could CIC send one common pick up date for entire family?
---- I am not sure about this, but you all have the option to go any Saturday after you receive the letters from CIC
Actually I want to avoid multiple visit from USA to Canada and for a different date I can plan to visit at any later date (Saturday) to pick up PR card for the whole family
------ That will be much better, let all of your family receive the PR card pick up letter and then all go on any Saturday morning to pick up the PR cards. You have to just show Passport, Landing Paper and the letter that you received to pick up the card all of you will go to same window .now they will also mail you a yellow color paper and one can also pick up other days my friend forget to note what are the other days to pick up the card without appointment they have other 2-3 days also in morning 8AM time
(2) Is there any other CIC PR card pick up center for Mississauga area? ---- NO, you have to pick up from Main CIC Toronto office (I have provided the address earlier and that address will be on your PR Card pick up letters)
I want to understand that I will be picking up the card only from Toronto CIC
----All have to pick up PR cards from Toronto main office if Canadian address is Mississauga, Brampton, and Toronto on your PR Card application.

PR card pick up secondary photo ID

Hi Ginnu,
Thanks a lot for your immidiate reply
Could you let me know whether CIC pick up letter that your friend received never mentioned about bringing a secondary photo ID (Like DL,Health Card)?I talked with one of my friend in Mississuga who got his PR card 7-8 month back from CIC ,Toronto office had been asked to bring secondary photo ID?Does that mean CIC also changed letter pick up format noe or they are sending two diferent set of format one without secondary photo ID requirement and another with secondary photo ID?
I believe your friend who got his PR card last week doesn't have any Canadian photo ID ,Correct?
Thanks for your help
Regards,
Ani

Could you let me know whether CIC pick up letter that your friend received never mentioned about bringing a secondary photo ID (Like DL,Health Card)?
--- The letter mentioned secondary ID like DL or health card, but Toronto CIC office now has a big board and it is written on the board” Show the letter sent to you by CIC, Passport and landing paper only”
I talked with one of my friend in Mississauga who got his PR card 7-8 month back from CIC, Toronto office had been asked to bring secondary photo ID?
--- Yes it was written on the letter and still it is written on the letter but they don’t ask for any ID these days they just want to distribute the Card just looking at Landing paper and passport and letter
Does that mean CIC also changed letter pick up format noe or they are sending two different set of format one without secondary photo ID requirement and another with secondary photo ID?
--- I don’t know my friend had letter with requirement of other ID and no body was asked for second ID
I believe your friend who got his PR card last week doesn't have any Canadian photo ID ,Correct?
----- He does not have Canada DL or Health card but he has SIN card and they never asked for SIN card.